I Need Advice, For my Guitar purchase
lagge92
Oct 12 2007, 09:59 PM
GMC:er
Hello all GMC:ers! biggrin.gif
I have been a member to this site for about a week now and I am now totally addicted to playing guitar!
But at the time I dont own my own guitar, I have only borrowed one from my half brother who lives very far away from me... And now he needs to get it back so i need to buy myself a new one...
I know there are many posts with this topic but those have other music styles and seem a bit more advanced then me...
Okey about me:
I have been playing constantly for maybe 4 weeks biggrin.gif
I like mostly rock music from the 60-70-80's (The kinks GNR and much more) and also some newer music like metallica, ACDC, Motörhead,foo fighters and many more... smile.gif
I am 14 yrs old and have pretty small hands so I find it a bit more difficult to use my pinkie on the low E string etc. Hope u understood that wink.gif
And one more thing! I need an amp too smile.gif
I also dont want a complete beginner guitar... I want to buy something I can use for long.
And not too expensive! wink.gif

I saw this guitar package
http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m...rticleId=486726
I thought it was very cheap ( about 240 euro)
But do you guys think it will fit for me?
Do you have any other suggestions?
I will be happy for any answere wink.gif
thank you for your time laugh.gif

!EDITED!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by lagge92: Oct 12 2007, 10:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 13)
MickeM
Oct 12 2007, 10:19 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
That package rather makes 240 Euro. And it's a beginner package and since you didn't want that we'll talk about something else.

I take it you're in Sweden then? Check out jam.se they sell the Laney LC15R for 2995 SEK (which is about what you pay in the UK and a lot cheaper than in Germany - which normaly is cheaper than sweden). A good deal! It's a tube amp, if you want solid state there are others who can recomment those better than me.

The LC15 R will last you a lifetime, even if you want to upgrade in the future I'm sure you'll keep this as a practice amp or something... or give it to me maybe, who knows.

I think an Epiphone LP is good for you. Lasts a long time and when you feel you want to get a new guitar you can always give new life to the Epi with new pu's etc. A keep aswell.
If you're in Stockholm you could visit Nysse at St Eriksgatan and see what he's got, I'm positive he'll even set the guitar up for you even if you buy a cheaper model.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lagge92
Oct 12 2007, 10:34 PM
Thank you for your advice, first of all I edited the first post so it says 240 euro(wrong
writing)
and yes im from sweden, not sthlm tho...
I checked out that website but Im afraid that amp was abit too expensive for me... sad.gif
And what I ment with " I don't want a complete beginner guitar" was that i didnt want some kineese rip off from ÖB...
But I doubt someone in a guitar forum would recommend that. wink.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 12 2007, 10:44 PM
QUOTE (lagge92 @ Oct 12 2007, 11:34 PM) *
Thank you for your advice, first of all I edited the first post so it says 240 euro(wrong
writing)
and yes im from sweden, not sthlm tho...
I checked out that website but Im afraid that amp was abit too expensive for me... sad.gif
And what I ment with " I don't want a complete beginner guitar" was that i didnt want some kineese rip off from ÖB...
But I doubt someone in a guitar forum would recommend that. wink.gif

For the price of 240 Euro (guitar + amp) I can almost guaratee both will say "made in china" and be complete beginner stuff. You can't buy them at ÖB though but you get what you pay for so to say. If 240 Euro is your budget, just aim for any guitar and amp you like, qualitywise they will all be similar.

+Quote Post
lagge92
Oct 12 2007, 10:51 PM
Hmm.. okey, but i I thougt epiphone was a pretty good brand... Isn't it like a doughter company of gibson?
My budget is around 400 euro for both guitar and amp...
thank you for your answers

and maybe I will get a bigger budget when i sell my moped! wink.gif
but my friend who will buy my moped can't until next spring and I can't wait so long to play guitar next time!! biggrin.gif:D

This post has been edited by lagge92: Oct 12 2007, 10:54 PM

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 12 2007, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (lagge92 @ Oct 12 2007, 11:48 PM) *
Hmm.. okey, but i I thougt epiphone was a pretty good brand... Isn't it like a doughter company of gibson?
My budget is around 400 euro for both guitar and amp...
thank you for your answers

Yeah, I think Epiphone is a good guitar. But still, there's no magic involved. Say the guitar has a value of 200 Euro, then it will play like a guitar worth 200 Euro, not 500 Euro, 1000 Euro.

If I were to suggest something I think you should spend more on the amp than you do the guitar. Why? Because playing with crappy amp sound is disaterous to motivation, a crappy guitar you will learn to handle and is easier to upgrde (with new pickups for example) than it is to upgrade an amp.

Say you browse for a 2300 SEK amp and a 1600 SEK guitar and see what you find.

+Quote Post
lagge92
Oct 12 2007, 11:07 PM
okey thank you! I will do that biggrin.gif

Hmm how about this amp

http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m...rticleId=474792

and this guitar?

http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m...rticleId=413754

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 12 2007, 11:22 PM
QUOTE (lagge92 @ Oct 13 2007, 12:07 AM) *

That looks a lot better than the first 240E package.

+Quote Post
lagge92
Oct 12 2007, 11:30 PM
OK biggrin.gif
say I choose that amp, then which guitar should i buy? im not really sure about the one i linked too :S

+Quote Post
chast
Oct 12 2007, 11:39 PM
Learning Roadie
As guitar mostly recommend for beginning is an Ibanez GRG-170 or a Yamaha Pacifica.
Do you have a possibility to go to a shop ? If yes play the guitars that were mentioned in this post and just take the one you like most wink.gif
You also can ask the salesperson, if he can you play a bit for you, if you arent sure what to play or something wink.gif
And the amp is really good for beginning.

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 12 2007, 11:41 PM
QUOTE (lagge92 @ Oct 13 2007, 12:30 AM) *
which guitar should i buy?
Oh but that's entierly up to you biggrin.gif
Maybe look for an Epiphone Les Paul at about the same price?

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 12 2007, 11:42 PM

+Quote Post
lagge92
Oct 12 2007, 11:51 PM
ye maybe a les paul biggrin.gif
I love the design!

But with wires, bag and all that stuff its allmost 5000SEK (500euro)
which meens I can't afford it untill spring sad.gif
Do you think this amp is good?

http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m...rticleId=483081

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 13 2007, 12:10 AM
QUOTE (lagge92 @ Oct 13 2007, 12:51 AM) *
ye maybe a les paul biggrin.gif
I love the design!

But with wires, bag and all that stuff its allmost 5000SEK (500euro)
which meens I can't afford it untill spring sad.gif
Do you think this amp is good?

http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m...rticleId=483081

hey, if the 240 Euro package is what you can afford maybe it's right for you. Sometimes one have to accept the pact that you can't always get exactly what you want and compromise.

You shouldn't ask me about Line6 Spider amp. I don't like them, not neccessarily because they are bad - lots of people like them - but because I lean towards other amps. I'm the wrong person to ask about solid state amps. Others know more about them smile.gif

When you buy something in the store you ahould ask them to throw in a strap and picks for free and let you buy a tuner cheaper

+Quote Post
lagge92
Oct 13 2007, 12:35 AM
Yes maybe... Thanks for all the advices, perhaps i should take this package for 240 euro then buy a new amp in spring biggrin.gif
i think thats what I will do!
And as I get better I can just buy better gear biggrin.gif
thank's wink.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:38 AM