2 Pages V  < 1 2  
What Strings Do You Use Mostly?
TreyDeschamp
Jul 6 2013, 02:10 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I've always used Ernie Ball super slinky for E standard and DR strings for dropped tunings.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 6 2013, 02:57 PM
GMC:er
Wow, so Ernie Ball is more preferred than D'addario, never knew that biggrin.gif

@DeGroot: Fender bullets, maan I'd like those strings but they're very expensive sad.gif they're something like $20 here, you always use those on your fender?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 6 2013, 03:07 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Elixirs. They never get rusty smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 6 2013, 03:14 PM
Hahah Elixir got more votes than I was expecting, definitely gonna try them soon biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Jul 6 2013, 03:17 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 6 2013, 01:57 PM) *
@DeGroot: Fender bullets, maan I'd like those strings but they're very expensive sad.gif they're something like $20 here, you always use those on your fender?

Ouch, that is too expensive! I think there are few different styles of Bullets. I order mine off Amazon... Original Bullets for like $5 a pack. But yeah, I use them just cause the tuning stability is really solid. The sound is decent enough and they do seem to last a while before getting that flat sound.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 6 2013, 04:09 PM
Oh they were telling me the price of multiple packs on sale for $20 (discounted) typical salesmen, I just called them dry.gif but still they sell single packs for $10 sad.gif Nickel plated.

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Jul 6 2013, 04:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 6 2013, 04:59 PM
The only bad thing about elixir's are they really melt the frets on the long run. My student owned an ibanez gio for about 2 year, first year was ok but the second year he started using elixir's and on the second set the guitar went to a luthier for fret change...the reason is the stuff they use for anti-rust makes the string harder than the fret so bending melts it.

Keep in mind though cheap guitars use really soft frets. My guitar (again an ibanez) has stanless steel an after 15 years it needs very minor fretwork (which I keep delaying smile.gif ).

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 6 2013, 05:07 PM
So you can use Ernie Ball Cobalt strings? tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 6 2013, 05:30 PM
QUOTE (sammetal92 @ Jul 6 2013, 04:07 PM) *
So you can use Ernie Ball Cobalt strings? tongue.gif

Actually I heard very positive things about them, the cobalt is on the wound stings so I don't expect it to be a similar problem. The local guitar store where I use sold the first party pretty fast.

--------------------

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 6 2013, 05:42 PM
I always hear people worrying about the frets wearing off, if its only on the wound strings, it might not be that much of a problem I guess

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 7 2013, 02:42 AM
Learning Roadie
I use these for my Ibanez RG8.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Jul 7 2013, 06:28 AM
Awesome, 8 stringers man, trying to get my hands on one too wink.gif Ernie ball got the most votes hahah wasn't expecting that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 7 2013, 12:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Jul 6 2013, 01:03 PM) *
For my Fender guitar I use Fender Bullets 9-42. Keeps tune better with the tremelo cause of the bullet heads. I notice a big difference when I'm not using bullet strings and always re-tuning when using the tremelo... very annoying.

I'm not to fussy I'll use Ernie Ball, D'Addario, or cheaper Fender strings on other guitars. I usually play in just E standard tuning last couple years and stick with 9-42 or 9-46. I sometimes play in drop tunings and use Ernie Ball slinky's 11- 52 gauge on my Les paul for that.

DeGroot - You've just reminded me of the last thing I didn't check with my floating tremolo in the strat 0 the bullet ended strings.

I almost made my bridge working perfect. Only problems with G string losing pitch after making beds (always go back tu tune after pressing and loosing the whammy bar) I tried some lubricant and it worked perfect in case of the tuning stability but...muted the open strings tone :/

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 7 2013, 02:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jul 7 2013, 01:42 AM) *
I use these for my Ibanez RG8.

Wow, I had no clue they were making 8 string packs biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:25 AM