4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Co-writing Co-llab, Anyone up for it?
AslanMontaz
Feb 14 2011, 10:36 PM
GMC:er
gahhhh im waiting and waiting i really wanna do this collab soon Daniel biggrin.gif because i have been looking forward to it for a long while

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitar is a part of me without it im Disabled
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 15 2011, 12:29 AM
Learning Tone Master
Count me in if there is a room smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 15 2011, 05:18 PM
Instructor
All right dudes,

Here's the initial idea from which you can work on!

Many influences came out in this one, but I'll let you tell me first who do you think they are?

Ok,

- Intro riff is clearly in Bm. Using the pentatonic scale. 0:00-0:24

- Verse riff is chords VI - VII - i - VI - VII - V in F#, meaning:

D - E - F#m - D - E - C#. 0:24-0:47

- Back to intro 1, then verse 2

- Pre-chorus: C#sus4 - C#. 1:22-1:26

- Chorus: 1:26 - 2:03

A - E - D - E

A - E - D - C#
x2

- Solo section:

C# Phrygian dominant or F#m harmonic 2:03-2:28

B - A - B - D - F. 2:28-2:41

Eb Phrygian dominant or G#m harmonic 2:41-2:53

- Bridge: 2:53-3:13

D - E - C# x2

F#m - D - E - C#m - Bm - A - C#

- Back to chorus, then intro,

- Ending 4:12-end

B - E - D - G - Db - B

* Come up with your own ideas on top of any parts, it can be just one or many. I left one idea at 0:36, it was spontaneous so I just kept it.

Upload your video to yousendit and send me the link on a PM, and post both the naked guitar track and with the backing for the final mix!

Looking forward for it! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Daniel Realpe: Feb 15 2011, 05:58 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Collab_cowrite01.mp3 ( 8.04MB ) Number of downloads: 188

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 15 2011, 06:31 PM
Instructor
I'm really liking this Daniel, loads of lovely thick chuggy guitar and nice sweeping chords..!! Regards influences I'm not sure... maybe a bit of Children Of Bodom ? cool.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 15 2011, 09:47 PM
Instructor
thanks Ben!

yeah, I guess there's some COB in there as well,

Did you think of any ideas already?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
AslanMontaz
Feb 15 2011, 10:18 PM
im going to work with it tonight ! i will try to do my best biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitar is a part of me without it im Disabled

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 15 2011, 10:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AslanMontaz @ Feb 15 2011, 11:18 PM) *
im going to work with it tonight ! i will try to do my best biggrin.gif

cool!!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 15 2011, 10:49 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey Daniel.Here is my take for the intro part.I've sent the video link via pm to you.Hope you like it smile.gif

Dogukan,

Attached File(s)
Attached File  intro_no_bt.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 176
Attached File  intro_with_bt.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 156

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 15 2011, 11:43 PM
Instructor
An idea from Quadrium to send me your videos.

You may use youtube and upload as unlisted. Only people who know the link to the video can view it. So you can send me the link.

Thanx!

QUOTE (quadrium @ Feb 15 2011, 11:49 PM) *
Hey Daniel.Here is my take for the intro part.I've sent the video link via pm to you.Hope you like it smile.gif

Dogukan,

Thanks Dogukan! nice riff, I think we agreed on the rock n roll vibe to the track on that part! nice one!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 16 2011, 12:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
No problem wink.gif Glad you liked my riff Daniel smile.gif

This post has been edited by quadrium: Feb 16 2011, 12:59 AM

--------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2011, 07:53 AM
Great track smile.gif I did some chop at the very begining. Here is the track with background and without. Killer collab Adrian!

Attached File  Todd_take.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 216

Here is the solo only with no backing.

Attached File  Todd_Take_Guitar_Only.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 161

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 16 2011, 09:50 AM
GMC Founder
Man - what a cool backing Daniel! I can tell the youtube video is going to get a lot of attention - we will if of course promote it as much as possible.

Can't wait to hear how this one will sound biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2011, 11:05 AM
Instructor
Wow, you guys move fast ! I'll have some naughty licks for you soon !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 16 2011, 01:43 PM
Instructor
Here are my first ideas !

You may or may not want to use all of it.. or even any of it ! biggrin.gif Most of it is at and near the beginning.. and another bit at around 2:52.

This one should be with the backing:

Attached File  01_Track_1.mp3 ( 3.43MB ) Number of downloads: 204

Just the guitars:
Attached File  02_Track_2.mp3 ( 1.98MB ) Number of downloads: 178

I had another idea.. there's a point in the song where the guitars play a savage riff on their own, one on the left then one on the right.. When the rest of the instruments kick in at 2:16 I think we should start a solo trade off section Megadeth style !

Eg. For the first chord progression, Daniel does a solo, when the chords and drums shift somebody else does a solo etc

Another thing, why do we never see Mr Guitar Tube on these collabs, seeing how he's so awesome ? ph34r.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 16 2011, 01:48 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 16 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Another thing, why do we never see Mr Guitar Tube on these collabs, seeing how he's so awesome ? ph34r.gif

Shhh Ben, don´t encourage him ohmy.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 16 2011, 07:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 16 2011, 08:53 AM) *
Great track smile.gif I did some chop at the very begining. Here is the track with background and without. Killer collab Adrian!

Attached File  Todd_take.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 216

Here is the solo only with no backing.

Attached File  Todd_Take_Guitar_Only.mp3 ( 1.2MB ) Number of downloads: 161

Cool licks Todd!! I'm awaiting for your video then. If you can upload it to megaupload or something similar and give me the link that'd be better,

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 16 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Here are my first ideas !

You may or may not want to use all of it.. or even any of it ! biggrin.gif Most of it is at and near the beginning.. and another bit at around 2:52.

This one should be with the backing:

Attached File  01_Track_1.mp3 ( 3.43MB ) Number of downloads: 204

Just the guitars:
Attached File  02_Track_2.mp3 ( 1.98MB ) Number of downloads: 178

I had another idea.. there's a point in the song where the guitars play a savage riff on their own, one on the left then one on the right.. When the rest of the instruments kick in at 2:16 I think we should start a solo trade off section Megadeth style !

Eg. For the first chord progression, Daniel does a solo, when the chords and drums shift somebody else does a solo etc

Nice melodic idea, fits pretty good on that verse!

Yes! solo trade off section would be killer! so if anyone wants to do a solo on the riffs starting at 2:16, we can spin that section around some times,

Feel free to send ideas on any part though,

Looking good!

Let's set a deadline? how about February 27th?

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 16 2011, 10:50 AM) *
Man - what a cool backing Daniel! I can tell the youtube video is going to get a lot of attention - we will if of course promote it as much as possible.

Can't wait to hear how this one will sound biggrin.gif

Thanks Kris!

I heard you've personally met Mr GuitarTube...talk him into doing it man, that'd be superb biggrin.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 17 2011, 09:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Feb 16 2011, 06:53 PM) *
Yes! solo trade off section would be killer! so if anyone wants to do a solo on the riffs starting at 2:16, we can spin that section around some times,

Let's set a deadline? how about February 27th?

Excellent ! I'll record a solo... I'll take the 2nd chord change if that's cool ? smile.gif

Feb 27th is fine by me. It's the day after my birthday.. so hopefully I'll be wiser by then ! tongue.gif

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 16 2011, 12:48 PM) *
Shhh Ben, don´t encourage him ohmy.gif

Haha.... he's always lurking behind the scenes just waiting for one of us to mention him !! ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 17 2011, 09:45 AM

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 17 2011, 03:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 17 2011, 10:45 AM) *
Excellent ! I'll record a solo... I'll take the 2nd chord change if that's cool ? smile.gif

Feb 27th is fine by me. It's the day after my birthday.. so hopefully I'll be wiser by then ! tongue.gif

Haha.... he's always lurking behind the scenes just waiting for one of us to mention him !! ph34r.gif

Great! looking forward for it!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
thefireball
Feb 18 2011, 12:46 AM
Learning Roadie
I'll see what i can do. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 18 2011, 03:02 AM
I'll go create an account and upload the vid smile.gif This collab is gonna be kiiiiilllllleeeerrrrrrr

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:10 PM