The Blasters
JVM
Mar 27 2008, 01:55 AM
Learning Roadie
Ahh, good ol' american roots rock. If you like CCR, Bruce Springsteen, or the band for example, check these guys out.

Anyone else familiar with them? I grew up listening to them, and dave is a big inspiration to me as a guitar player. Nothing fancy, just good rock and roll. Here's some clips:

Dark night. I don't know what the video is about, don't bother with that. It's hard to find a lot of original blasters line up stuff online, so I'll take what I can get tongue.gif

I'm shakin'.

If you can, check out their live album Trouble Bound. Has most of their best songs, all played with more energy and soul than even the studio versions (which are excellent themselves).

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JVM: Mar 27 2008, 01:59 AM

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Mar 27 2008, 02:00 AM
The Dark Canuck
Not very familiar with The Blasters but I love the song Dark Night. Tarantino used it in the soundtrack for From Dusk til Dawn. Great tune smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 27 2008, 02:02 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (rokchik @ Mar 26 2008, 09:00 PM) *
Not very familiar with The Blasters but I love the song Dark Night. Tarantino used it in the soundtrack for From Dusk til Dawn. Great tune smile.gif

Yeah it is... one of their best songs. You'd love their other stuff smile.gif

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Mar 27 2008, 02:28 AM
GMC:er
Really cool, and just the kind of music ive been looking for. Thanks JVM!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
JVM
Mar 27 2008, 09:15 AM
Learning Roadie
Check it out, some other favorite blasters tunes of mine:

So Long Baby Goodbye - with a great sax solo. Man, Daves LOVIN this one, rocking out on the mustang.. this is the kind of music I aspire to play smile.gif

Long White Cadillac - getting old but they can still rock.

Marie Marie - only a short clip of it.. but good performance anyway.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Mar 27 2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Cool!! I really like it! Thanks for the links!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:24 PM