Announcement: Andrew's Amp Blog
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 28 2007, 12:38 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Dear all,

Kris has very kindly allowed me to move my Amp Building Journey to the official GMC blog.

Those of you that are interested can continue to follow my adventures here!

Regards,

Andrew

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Oct 29 2007, 12:19 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 28 2007, 12:52 AM
Lets go fishing!
That is fantastic Andrew. I am very interested in the inner workings of Tube amps so this is great!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 28 2007, 12:55 AM
GMC Founder
This is great! biggrin.gif

For those of you who think the blog looks a little messy - you can click a category in the right side menu if you only want to see Andrew's articles, for example.

The blog features will be improved as we get along.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 28 2007, 01:25 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Perfect!!! So easy to follow now.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 28 2007, 04:57 AM
Instructor
Just checked blog Andrew,you have done awesome job so far!!
May I book one 80watts head already?? smile.gif

Keep it up,can't wait to see and hear final product!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 28 2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks Guys!

I just posted the latest installment ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Freebird
Oct 28 2007, 11:28 PM
GMC:er
I feel so ignorant here.... I love electronics like these, I'd love to have the knoledge to actually build something!
But... where are the tubes on that board? Are they separated and put onto another board? smile.gif Thanks.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 28 2007, 11:35 PM
QUOTE (Freebird @ Oct 28 2007, 06:28 PM) *
I feel so ignorant here.... I love electronics like these, I'd love to have the knoledge to actually build something!
But... where are the tubes on that board? Are they separated and put onto another board? smile.gif Thanks.

The tubes are generally mounted on the chassis in sockets away from the circuit board (its hard to mount and wire the sockets on a turret board, although some Printed Circuit Board designs do this.)

On my amp, the tubes go on top, if you check out some of the much earlier posts you will see the chassis shown the other way up and you can see the tubes and transformers.

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 28 2007, 11:41 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
How do I normaly get to the blog? Except from looking the first post of this thread up and clicking the long, which would not be "normal" anyway.

+Quote Post
Freebird
Oct 28 2007, 11:51 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 28 2007, 11:35 PM) *
The tubes are generally mounted on the chassis in sockets away from the circuit board (its hard to mount and wire the sockets on a turret board, although some Printed Circuit Board designs do this.)

On my amp, the tubes go on top, if you check out some of the much earlier posts you will see the chassis shown the other way up and you can see the tubes and transformers.

Ok i get it now! smile.gif
Anyway I thought it were more convenient to mount them separately like you did, so that if one of them blows, you can easily replace it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 29 2007, 12:19 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 28 2007, 06:41 PM) *
How do I normaly get to the blog? Except from looking the first post of this thread up and clicking the long, which would not be "normal" anyway.

I think Kris will be adding a more prominent link to the main page soon ...

--------------------

My Stuff:

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 29 2007, 01:40 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 29 2007, 12:19 AM) *
I think Kris will be adding a more prominent link to the main page soon ...

YEs!

The blog will first go to the frontpage, and then up in the top menu when we have fixed the design to go with the rest of the site! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:53 PM