> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Lester's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2016, 08:31 PM
Instructor
Great! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 27 2016, 06:25 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 16 2016, 02:50 PM) *
Great! That's a good starting point mate, let's start working.

ASSIGNMENT #1:

Goals:

- Blues Phrasing
- Pentatonic minor improvisation over Blues progression.

TASK 1:

- Learn this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/BB-King-Blues/
- Improvise over the backing track of this lesson trying to create your own variations.

TASK 2:

- Read and work the concepts shared at 1. Blues Scale Theory and Application (from 1 to 1.5) from the Blues Guitar Theory Guide.

Exam and deadline:

By September 28th you'll have to share 3 videos:

- A video playing the lesson (4 coins)
- A second video improvising over the lesson's backing track (3 coins)
- A video explaining the concepts learnt at the blues guitar theory guide (3 coins)

Each of this videos will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call" that would be the last one.

Hi again!

I am going to make a video playing the lesson tonight, but haven't decided on the second one yet smile.gif
Can I also do one improvisation video tomorrow to pass the deadline and have an additional week for the theory video?

Because I could make a video tomorrow of just me speaking and explaining how it works, because I have already studied the theory.
But I would rather include all the backingtracks and edit a nice video where I will play along to explain the idea's behind it.
Is that ok? I feel it would be more educative smile.gif

Cheers!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 27 2016, 10:18 PM
Learning Roadie
Here is my take for the video! smile.gif

It's still a bit sloppy and the bends are not always on point, especially the quick ones, but that will improve over time.
Sorry for the bad video quality. There is something wrong with my Logitech webcam and the new Windows update.
I couldn't fix it yet, but hope I will soon biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 28 2016, 01:58 AM
Instructor
Hi Lester, I agree with you. This take is good but there are some details to adjust yet. However, I think that you've done a good job during this days of work so I'd like to extend the deadline to give you time to adjust this lesson and do the other tasks.

What about October 7th?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Sep 28 2016, 11:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabe!
Sure, I'm on it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2016, 02:38 PM
Instructor
Perfect!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 6 2016, 09:46 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe!

Here is my video for the blues theory, I will upload the BB's Blues lesson soon! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 7 2016, 04:44 PM
Instructor
Wou! That video is awesome man! It will be a good help for other guitarists as well! Great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 7 2016, 09:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Awesome, thanks! biggrin.gif

Here is my other take on BB's Blues:

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 10 2016, 01:38 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, great job working on this one! I can see that it's getting better, but also that there is still work to do in order to polish the lesson and your overall playing. The things that need your attention are:

- Bending: Some bends don't reach the correct pitch. You tend to stay a bit before the pitch.

- Cleanness: There are some moments, mostly when bending where there are unwanted noises. Be sure to mute the closer strings to the one that you are playing, with the first finger of your left hand. (for example at 00:29)

- Timing: There are some phrases that aren't played tight. It's not dramatic but your could adjust it. Check the first phrases, compare them with the original lesson.

- Vibrato: Your vibrato is not totally consistent. Remember that you can use the other fingers to help your finger 3 when doing vibrato.

- Notes length: This element is usually called articulation (articulation refers to the direction or performance technique which affects the transition or continuity on a single note or between multiple notes or sounds.). You are missing some staccato notes and some duration are not natural with the phrases. Re-check this with the original lesson.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 11 2016, 10:05 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

Thank you for the feedback! smile.gif
Bending is usually a problem, I am able to hear it, but just lack the finger strength at this point I guess to consistently hit the correct note.
When I do reach it, I usually have trouble with the timing of the lick that follows it, because I use too much power on the bend

Anyway, that will improve with practice.
Shall I upload an minor pentatonic improvisation by the end of this week and this another take on this lesson by the end of next week?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2016, 08:06 PM
Instructor
Yes please. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 14 2016, 02:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Allright! biggrin.gif

I've recorded an improvisation, here it is:

Personally, I am not too happy with it.
I really struggle to make it sound less repetitive, I find the variation in the blues lesson hard to achieve in improvisations.
Maybe with more practice? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2016, 04:21 AM
Instructor
Hi Lester! Great to find this improvisation here!

There is a lot to do but we have a good base here. I think that more practice and focus on specific areas is the key. Here are some ideas:

- Your bending and vibrato are not precise. This is obvious since you still need to work on this techniques over the original lesson.
- Try to feel more relaxed while improvising. Breath more, play less notes, and more defined phrases.
- Try more rhythm variation.
- Use the call and response idea for phrasing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 17 2016, 09:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks for the feedback Gabe,

I will improvise each day for a couple of minutes in my routine and try to implement your feedback. smile.gif
First focus will be on submitting a better take of the original lesson by Friday, after that I will upload a new improvisation take!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 17 2016, 01:39 PM
Instructor
Excellent! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 18 2016, 07:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

Could we postpone these for a week?
I have been really busy on the university this week and it's a little bit too much for me at this point.
Then I can give it the time it deserves and make something decent hopefully! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 18 2016, 07:22 PM
Instructor
Ok! Good luck with University stuff!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lester
Oct 28 2016, 06:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabe,

So here is another take on BB's blues lesson:

I have to admit that I didn't spend as much time on it as I would have liked to, but I did try to apply your comments and I hope it makes a difference.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 28 2016, 11:54 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, video isn't working.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:14 PM