Where Do You Guys License And Sell Your Music?
SeeJay
May 8 2014, 11:44 PM
GMC:er
Inspired by a lot of crap reality TV I see on all the time, I have been creating a rock music background music package. Pretty excited about it. Covers everything from some zeppelin style tunes to motley crue to zz top.

Now I'm just trying to find a source to shop it around.

I've scored a lot of music for projects but never just put it on a site to sell/license.

What are you guys using?

thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2014, 12:18 AM
I've tried several but have not had much luck with any of them so I wouldn't suggest any of them. Anyone had any luck with one of these companies?

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 8 2014, 06:44 PM) *
Inspired by a lot of crap reality TV I see on all the time, I have been creating a rock music background music package. Pretty excited about it. Covers everything from some zeppelin style tunes to motley crue to zz top.

Now I'm just trying to find a source to shop it around.

I've scored a lot of music for projects but never just put it on a site to sell/license.

What are you guys using?

thanks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 10 2014, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 9 2014, 08:18 PM) *
I've tried several but have not had much luck with any of them so I wouldn't suggest any of them. Anyone had any luck with one of these companies?

what do you mean by having no luck? no sells?

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 10 2014, 04:51 PM
and what companies?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 10 2014, 07:42 PM
Correct smile.gif No sales.
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 10 2014, 11:49 AM) *
what do you mean by having no luck? no sells?

Was on indabamusic.com most recently but they shut down their music licensing section. I've tried several over the years, but I'll have to google some to remember the names. In short, I've yet to find one that seems worth it. Most of the music I've ever had used was from personal contacts.

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 10 2014, 11:51 AM) *
and what companies?

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2014, 03:53 AM
P.S. There is a new one I"ve found that I"m going to try. Here is the link.

http://www.licensequote.com/

Anybody else have one to share? Anybody at all?

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 11 2014, 05:00 AM
for me, I have had a lot of success with working with companies and film makers one on one, but it would be great to just have my music available for people to pick up and license. A nice passive income kind of thing.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2014, 06:19 AM
That would be great wouldn't it? smile.gif So yeah, if you have any luck on any site where you can park and sell your music, please do share!!

QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 11 2014, 12:00 AM) *
for me, I have had a lot of success with working with companies and film makers one on one, but it would be great to just have my music available for people to pick up and license. A nice passive income kind of thing.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 11 2014, 08:30 AM
Instructor
I remember this site being mentioned a couple of years back...

http://www.taxi.com/

The thing is with these places, it's all about paying fees to buy a chance to be submitted to A&R.

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 11 2014, 08:40 AM
... and it always seems to be bit of a pyramid 'type' scheme.

It's all who you know. Always was - always will be.

This post has been edited by klasaine: May 11 2014, 08:41 AM

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 11 2014, 11:37 PM
Pyramid Scheme is the perfect way to put how some of these feel. Especially one's like Taxi (though I actually know a few success stories)

But someone has to have some good luck with a site.

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 11 2014, 07:40 AM) *
... and it always seems to be bit of a pyramid 'type' scheme.

It's all who you know. Always was - always will be.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
May 12 2014, 09:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 11 2014, 11:37 PM) *
Pyramid Scheme is the perfect way to put how some of these feel. Especially one's like Taxi (though I actually know a few success stories)

But someone has to have some good luck with a site.

Too much like buying a lottery ticket !

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:31 PM