> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
Vonhotch's Musical Journey, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2013, 03:58 PM
Instructor
Hi V! yeah, it sounds good now! there is no digital sound! However I think that the pedal is making the sound too trebbly, you have to change the EQ of this pedal, add less distortion or maybe use another pedal. The audio file 3 sounds great! The EQ and overall sounds is much more balanced. However I'm sure that this tone is a bit clean for you, so you will have to add an overdrive or distortion pedal.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 25 2013, 07:13 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 25 2013, 02:58 PM) *
Hi V! yeah, it sounds good now! there is no digital sound! However I think that the pedal is making the sound too trebbly, you have to change the EQ of this pedal, add less distortion or maybe use another pedal. The audio file 3 sounds great! The EQ and overall sounds is much more balanced. However I'm sure that this tone is a bit clean for you, so you will have to add an overdrive or distortion pedal.

Hey man! I'm just happy to get some kind of good tone, distorted or not, so I'll take it!!!!! biggrin.gif I will keep messing around with pedals and stuff. It seems that the recordings have much more detail than what I can hear straight from the amp. I will have to remember to check test recordings more carefully.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 26 2013, 03:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 25 2013, 03:13 PM) *
Hey man! I'm just happy to get some kind of good tone, distorted or not, so I'll take it!!!!! biggrin.gif I will keep messing around with pedals and stuff. It seems that the recordings have much more detail than what I can hear straight from the amp. I will have to remember to check test recordings more carefully.

It's a funny and very interesting training! Keep on experimenting and please share samples here. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 27 2013, 12:47 AM
This is a take of the Riffmaster lesson from tonight. I am still messing with the same Danelectro pedal I took out some treble added some bass, and played with the mids a little. Same mic position. I think it sounds better, but maybe too far in the other direction. What do you think?
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/riffmaster326/s-vdM0I

Oh, and at 145bpm only 5 to go. wink.gif

This post has been edited by vonhotch: Mar 27 2013, 12:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 27 2013, 04:56 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 26 2013, 08:47 PM) *
This is a take of the Riffmaster lesson from tonight. I am still messing with the same Danelectro pedal I took out some treble added some bass, and played with the mids a little. Same mic position. I think it sounds better, but maybe too far in the other direction. What do you think?
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/riffmaster326/s-vdM0I

Oh, and at 145bpm only 5 to go. wink.gif

It sounds MUCH better now!! Great job! The sound of that pedal would fit perfect for Stoner rock but you got a very cool tone! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 29 2013, 12:36 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 27 2013, 03:56 AM) *
It sounds MUCH better now!! Great job! The sound of that pedal would fit perfect for Stoner rock but you got a very cool tone! smile.gif

Stoner rock, aw man nobody listens to that stuff......Oh wait I love that stuff, this will work out great! biggrin.gif I should probably write down where everything is before I go messing with it again. Fun stuff!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 29 2013, 01:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Mar 28 2013, 08:36 PM) *
Stoner rock, aw man nobody listens to that stuff......Oh wait I love that stuff, this will work out great! biggrin.gif I should probably write down where everything is before I go messing with it again. Fun stuff!

heheh yeah! I'm now jealous of your tone!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Mar 31 2013, 05:45 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 29 2013, 12:42 AM) *
heheh yeah! I'm now jealous of your tone!! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Never thought I would hear you say that!

Here's a couple for this week
Single string etude up to 110!!! Just audio....Because, little tip: When you want to record a video you have to hit record and then play!
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/singlestring331/s-hRykH

And Riffmaster up at 150 which is full speed!!!! Do you want me to start playing this one with the backing or does it need more work on something?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2013, 02:50 PM
Instructor
hahaha important tip! tongue.gif Man, the Single string etude continues evolving great!! Your take sounds perfect! Well done.
I couldn't see the video because it's set as private. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Apr 1 2013, 05:15 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 1 2013, 01:50 PM) *
hahaha important tip! tongue.gif Man, the Single string etude continues evolving great!! Your take sounds perfect! Well done.
I couldn't see the video because it's set as private. sad.gif

Thanks, I'm happy to be on the right track. I think my timing is improving with everything, too, not just these lessons. I think this is really paying off! The video should be fixed now. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2013, 01:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Apr 1 2013, 01:15 PM) *
Thanks, I'm happy to be on the right track. I think my timing is improving with everything, too, not just these lessons. I think this is really paying off! The video should be fixed now. smile.gif

Yeah! We finally fond the way to go! You keep on improving and submitting very good takes working in this way! The video also sounds great! Maybe the open E palm muting could be tighter but I'm being very demanding! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Apr 7 2013, 05:06 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 2 2013, 12:32 PM) *
Yeah! We finally fond the way to go! You keep on improving and submitting very good takes working in this way! The video also sounds great! Maybe the open E palm muting could be tighter but I'm being very demanding! smile.gif

smile.gif And practice does not seem as stressful, making small jumps in speed.

Here is some stuff from this week!
130bpm

115bpm

Full speed with backing!
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/riffmaster-2/s-UxlGG

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2013, 09:25 PM
Instructor
Hi V! Good takes! The two first ones sound perfect at this tempo. The only thing that I could comment is that the tone has too much trebble this time, check out the pedal EQ! Riff Master lesson is close to be mastered! You recorded this lesson with a different tuning (compared to Lian's guitar) so it doesn't sound good over the backing. Your playing is very good and you just have to adjust some timing details (for example at 00:40) to play it perfectly.

You are doing a great job mate! Keep on rocking! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Apr 8 2013, 01:35 PM
I'm not sure which is worse that I forgot to use the right tuning, or that I didn't notice. laugh.gif I did mess with the treble on the pedal a little and I will change it back. I think my amp needs a bit of repair as the tone and volume fade in and out after it gets warm. It almost sounds like a reeeeaaaaallly slow flanger or something. It's a bit of a challenge to keep a consistant tone. smile.gif
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 7 2013, 08:25 PM) *
Hi V! Good takes! The two first ones sound perfect at this tempo. The only thing that I could comment is that the tone has too much trebble this time, check out the pedal EQ! Riff Master lesson is close to be mastered! You recorded this lesson with a different tuning (compared to Lian's guitar) so it doesn't sound good over the backing. Your playing is very good and you just have to adjust some timing details (for example at 00:40) to play it perfectly.

You are doing a great job mate! Keep on rocking! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2013, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (vonhotch @ Apr 8 2013, 09:35 AM) *
I'm not sure which is worse that I forgot to use the right tuning, or that I didn't notice. laugh.gif I did mess with the treble on the pedal a little and I will change it back. I think my amp needs a bit of repair as the tone and volume fade in and out after it gets warm. It almost sounds like a reeeeaaaaallly slow flanger or something. It's a bit of a challenge to keep a consistant tone. smile.gif

hahaha I didn't note it in the first part because your guitar was louder than bass but there was something weird. Maybe you can use any software to transpose the backing tonality, I'm not sure if it will sound cool, but you can try with any pitch shiftier. This will make your practice easier.

Regarding your amp, it's time to take him to the doctor!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Apr 21 2013, 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 8 2013, 01:02 PM) *
hahaha I didn't note it in the first part because your guitar was louder than bass but there was something weird. Maybe you can use any software to transpose the backing tonality, I'm not sure if it will sound cool, but you can try with any pitch shiftier. This will make your practice easier.

Regarding your amp, it's time to take him to the doctor!

Sadly my amp does not have health insurance, and will have to tough it out until I have some extra cash. tongue.gif Until then I tried a couple new things. First I recorded "Riffmaster" in the right key rolleyes.gif , and then tried it with a new tone. Not sure it is perfect yet though.

And this is a recording of some riffs that I came up with this week. Do you think you could help me turn them or something else into a whole song while I am working on getting everything else up to speed? I have trouble finishing things. I have started lots of ideas, but have yet to finish 1 whole song. smile.gif
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/untitled/s-IDsMG

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 22 2013, 02:50 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm sorry to know the news about your amps. Riffmaster is close, but as you surely can note, your are not comfortable with the tempo yet. both the first section and the last one isn't tight it's not a timing issue, it's just that you don't reach the speed yet. But I think that you are getting close, so keep on working on it.

Regarding your composition, yes! I want to help you. The riffs are cool. I think that the first step would be to visualize where you are going, what you want to compose and try to work on the basic structure. You should have the main riff, the verse, the chorus and organize them. These riffs could be an introduction, or maybe a verse so thinking on a good pre chorus, and a catchy chorus. Once you have a riff, verse, pre chorus & chorus, you just have to organize, you already have the whole thing.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Apr 28 2013, 10:48 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 22 2013, 01:50 AM) *
Hi mate, I'm sorry to know the news about your amps. Riffmaster is close, but as you surely can note, your are not comfortable with the tempo yet. both the first section and the last one isn't tight it's not a timing issue, it's just that you don't reach the speed yet. But I think that you are getting close, so keep on working on it.

Regarding your composition, yes! I want to help you. The riffs are cool. I think that the first step would be to visualize where you are going, what you want to compose and try to work on the basic structure. You should have the main riff, the verse, the chorus and organize them. These riffs could be an introduction, or maybe a verse so thinking on a good pre chorus, and a catchy chorus. Once you have a riff, verse, pre chorus & chorus, you just have to organize, you already have the whole thing.

Yea, I did not think it was as good as it can be. I don't know if it is any better this week either. I was unable to practice most of the week which is the longest I have gone in quite a while. Ugh, what a week. But here is some stuff, and also some new original acoustic riffage. Because I wasn't able to work on the riffs from last week but the new riffs fit my mood much better for this week so I thought I would post them. It was fun to jam over.

Has been a bit since I posted this one. 135bpm.

Bumped this another 5bpm or so

And......Riffmaster. Better than last week but I am still not sure it is perfect yet.

And this really has nothing to do with anything but I like your take on any of my riffs so.........
https://soundcloud.com/vonhotch/why/s-tgAgu

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2013, 05:44 AM
Instructor
Hi Vonhotch! It's great to have news from you! I checked every video and I must say that you did a very good job! The first one is just perfect, the second one is ok, but still can sound tighter (keep on practicing it). Riff master is very close to sound perfect, the most relevant thing that I note is something weird happening at 00:08 and every time that part of the riff is repeated.

Regarding your new idea, it's beautiful! I have been with the computer some time and as soon as your idea sounded my girlfriend said: "What's that? It's very nice!" smile.gif

Keep on rocking.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
vonhotch
May 1 2013, 12:53 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 30 2013, 04:44 AM) *
Hi Vonhotch! It's great to have news from you! I checked every video and I must say that you did a very good job! The first one is just perfect, the second one is ok, but still can sound tighter (keep on practicing it). Riff master is very close to sound perfect, the most relevant thing that I note is something weird happening at 00:08 and every time that part of the riff is repeated.

Regarding your new idea, it's beautiful! I have been with the computer some time and as soon as your idea sounded my girlfriend said: "What's that? It's very nice!" smile.gif

Keep on rocking.

This is soooooo cool to hear! A year ago I never would have imagined being able to record anything!! Let alone record a small piece of music and post it somewhere where someone thousands of miles away would stop and take notice of it playing. Maybe it's silly, but it is amazing to me. Thank you so much for all you have done for me this past year! smile.gif

And as for Riffmaster.....That is funny. The weirdness is me failing to hit a pinch harmonic. I have about a 50% success rate when I'm practicing it, and that drops to about 30% when I'm recording. laugh.gif I have also been changing presets and amps and guitars, and has made it weird to remember how to nail it everytime. I will try to focus on hiting that harmonic this week.

--------------------

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:42 AM