25-30 [ 4 ] ** [4.40%]
30+!! [ 28 ] ** [30.77%]
Total Votes: 91
Guests cannot vote 
chipk1
Sep 11 2006, 01:33 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mandrake)
Just turned 53 a week ago. Oldest so far! Been playing since age 12 and still learning (hence this site). I'm into my third childhood and luvin' every minute of it. Stay the course.

I'm 43 and started playing at about 14.Ditto on everything else you said except only in my 2nd childhood biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mandrake
Sep 12 2006, 01:05 AM
Hello Darrell,

I'm up on the NE side of town. Probably drive the neighbors nuts getting my fingers back into shape since my sons just bought me my first Marshall. Shredding and tapping will help round out the repertoire but the melodic is still the heart. Luv my Strat.

Chipk1,

I had a blast in the 2nd - stay there!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fretdancer
Sep 12 2006, 09:21 AM

Started playing about 30 months ago (sounds a lot less time than 2 & half years). I have been self taught using the internet which is a fantastic tool for getting information.

I dont have timing inside me yet but I am working on it. When I hear music being played, I hear the phrasing, the timing, the beauty of it. When I play, thats not there...yet. Its coming - each time I record myself (which is not very often) I can hear I am better - I am starting to feel the music through my fingers much more - I am starting to instinctively play the right notes so I know I am on course.
My biggest problem is finding something I want to learn, I am eager to play a whole song and I think that is difficult to do on your own - I have tried to find others to jam with as I am sure that will help enormously but so far not managed to so - I keep looking !.
Just recently I managed to play my first song all the way through - Led Zeppelins "livin loving maid" - fairly easy but so satisfying to be able to play it all the way through. - I want to play it with a drummer and bass player and who knows, even a singer now.

My goal is to be able to play the blues like Darrel does (Texasamp). I can play blues to a backing track reasonably well but I dont know quite enough licks to play more interestingly than I do, It all gets a bit repeptitive with me as the licks I am making up all sound the same ...lol.

I like Kris's music but I know I am never gonna be a "Shredder" and whilst what he does sounds great, its all a bit fast for me. I am more BB King..David Gilmour...Peter Green... blues prog rock kind of a guy I reckon.
If you get the chance - listen to "blue jean blues" by ZZ top - thats what I am talking about - simple simple simple easy blues that even I can play rhythm to.
If you find a site with blues solo's tabbed out with backing tracks included let me know and I will be kept busy for hours.

Jeez I ramble on a bit don't I?

smile.gif

--------------------
its not easy
banging your head against some mad buggers wall.
Variax 300. Pod XTL & Crate amp
some of my recordings are here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petergb/

+Quote Post
recklessftw
Sep 20 2006, 06:38 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
So I guess learning never stops...  :!:  

K

haha, that's so true no matter what you do. I don't know if anyone can ever be done learning guitar... especially me! smile.gif

I'm 25 and I've gotten serious about the guitar. I've always been playing it and haven't been half bad but I've never been much of a lead or improv player. I'll be working on that.

+Quote Post
BiGBeN
Jan 6 2007, 02:11 AM
the stuff covered by Rhys is kinda my problem down to a T apart from the legato as i now jack all about it

the alternate picking is pretty annoying as i started just downstrokes but i hope as i have only been playing for 6-6,1/2 months i may be able to get out of that bad habbit.

Oh and Im 19 (all most 20) playin for roughly 6 months.

This post has been edited by BiGBeN: Jan 6 2007, 02:12 AM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Jan 6 2007, 07:55 PM
49, big 5 0 will catch me later this year. I dont feel like it though. I've seen these age polls on other forums.......notice the charicteristic hole between age about 24 and 30 or so? -I've seen that before!
Seems guys pick up guitar, then they hit the marraige /career/ child bearing period and drop away from guitar......then...they come back in their early 30's.

+Quote Post
beebo
Jan 8 2007, 01:13 AM
started i think around 12 and im 14 now so i just really have to concentrate on my speed! dry.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 8 2007, 06:51 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (PickNGrin @ Jan 6 2007, 09:55 PM) *
49, big 5 0 will catch me later this year. I dont feel like it though. I've seen these age polls on other forums.......notice the charicteristic hole between age about 24 and 30 or so? -I've seen that before!
Seems guys pick up guitar, then they hit the marraige /career/ child bearing period and drop away from guitar......then...they come back in their early 30's.

Yes, that's probably a reasonable explanation for the age curve!

Kristofer

--------------------

+Quote Post
Molgan
Jan 15 2007, 02:23 AM
im 16, i started to play about 2 years ago, but i wasn`t too serious about it the first six months.

This post has been edited by Molgan: Jan 15 2007, 02:30 AM

+Quote Post
nowheretohide
Jan 15 2007, 03:07 AM
16 Been playing for about 2 years, but it took me almost half a year or so to really get into it. Like everyone else i would like to be better biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Climate
Jan 18 2007, 01:34 AM
I'm 14 - If I carry on practicing until I'm the age of some of you guys, I should be pretty good!

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 18 2007, 01:42 AM
18 and still kickin'.

Have had my guitar for several years but if Im too be honest I've never actually practiced only fiddled. Untill now.

+Quote Post
Ikaros
Jan 18 2007, 10:52 AM
47 here and probably one of the oldest Yngwie fans, yeah!

--------------------
Webpage:
- http://www.myspace.com/yngwie100
Equipment:
- Fender Standard Stratocaster
- Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks
- Roland Cube-20X modeling amp
- Boss FS-6 Dual Footswitch
- DOD YJM308 Overdrive (optional)
- Boss DS-1 Distortion (optional)
- Marshall MG15CD amp (spare)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:38 PM