2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Darius Wave - Fairy Tale (cover By Monica)
Monica Gheorghev...
May 9 2016, 01:11 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi guys and girls smile.gif

This time I come up with a cover. As most of you already know, the music composed by Darek it's like a drug for me (I am an incurable Darekholic biggrin.gif ) and I always dreamed to be able to play one of his original songs. I tried many times to play even a small piece from different songs made by him, but I constantly failed. How much time I failed? I tried every month for 3 years but I never gave up and I never lost my hope that someday a miracle will happen. I start to believe in miracles since I began to work with Darek. He is a truly brilliant instructor and all my progress is only his "fault" smile.gif
This cover means huge for me. It's a gold trophy for our work from the last 3 years. I’m truly happy because we managed to build a solid team over the years.

It was (and still is) hard as hell to play this song and required 3 months of an intense practice (many, many hours/day). Beside the fact that contain million of details and lots of combined techniques, the tone control and all the moments where I must switch the pickups position damn fast, really killed me biggrin.gif
Anyway no matter how hard it was, I really love and I’m very attached by this project. It's the first project which pushed my limits at maximum from all the points of view (including an extra work for the ears, but I passed this test with Darek without to disappoint him wink.gif ).

I hope you guys will enjoy this cover smile.gif

Before to post my video, I want to say something to my instructor.

Darek, first of all I want to thank you because you made an exception for me and you gave me the permission to publish this song. I know that usually you don't do this and this means huge for me smile.gif
You are the best instructor, musician, guitarist, mentor, friend from the entire world. I don’t have enough words to tell you how grateful I am for all the things that you do for me. Thank you for all the time that you spend to work with me, thank you because you took a lot hours from your time to make an impulse custom for me (it was worth every second because I have an amazing tone wink.gif ), thank you because your type of tone made my practice a nightmare and I really love this thing (you devil biggrin.gif ), thank you because you have a big soul and always you forgive me when I'm stubborn and sometimes I speak before thinking, thank you for all your patience that you have when you put me to make new things and automatically I activate my panic mode (actually thank you because you didn’t shot me so far biggrin.gif ), thank you because you always save me when electronic stuff and my PC works against me and also thank you because you always explain me and push me to learn many things (how to make a good tone, my switching from Ableton to Cubase and many other stuff from our mentoring). YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!! wink.gif
BTW Darek, I tried to make a short message for you but as usual I didn't managed to do this tongue.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
May 9 2016, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Yes...as usuall you were not able to write just a few words tongue.gif Jokes aside now. That is a piece of some brilliant, hard work given to challenge this composition that seemed to have too much details for your level (at the moment we spoke about startting to cover this) and you made it. Thanx for all the kind words and your hard work. There is no good instructor without students hard work, time and patience. You deserved the point where you've put yourself at the moment smile.gif Well done!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
May 9 2016, 01:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that's just awesome, Monica. I really admire the progress you have made since I first started hearing you play at GMC. I always thought you played well but, damn girl! that is some impressive playing and techniques right there biggrin.gif
your hard work is clearly paying off. congrats on being a most awesome guitarist smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 9 2016, 02:35 PM
GMC:er
Excellent job Monica!

+Quote Post
yoncopin
May 9 2016, 02:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Very nice Monica, I'm very envious of your progress. Your hard work really shows

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris S.
May 9 2016, 03:29 PM
Learning Roadie
Amazing work! Keep it up, can't wait for the next one smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 9 2016, 06:35 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Monica, you are an inspiration! Well done. You show, with that extraordinary playing, what hard work and dedication can achieve.
Thank you for posting that video and thank you for your inspiration smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
DeGroot
May 9 2016, 09:28 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Wow! Very cool cover and playing. cool.gif Congrats!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
May 9 2016, 11:08 PM
GMC:er
liked!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 10 2016, 05:17 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (bleez @ May 9 2016, 12:54 PM) *
that's just awesome, Monica. I really admire the progress you have made since I first started hearing you play at GMC. I always thought you played well but, damn girl! that is some impressive playing and techniques right there biggrin.gif
your hard work is clearly paying off. congrats on being a most awesome guitarist smile.gif

Thank you so much Bleez for your kind words smile.gif You are awesome and I always appreciate your comments/messages. It means huge for me to hear that my progress is visible, mostly because you know me from the moment when I come up in GMC. I truly appreciate your words wink.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ May 9 2016, 01:35 PM) *
Excellent job Monica!

Thank you very much Ken. I really appreciate your opinion smile.gif

QUOTE (yoncopin @ May 9 2016, 01:53 PM) *
Very nice Monica, I'm very envious of your progress. Your hard work really shows

Thank you my friend smile.gif I try to have a constant progress and I really dedicated all my time to practice. To be honest I don't remember when it was the last time when I went out with my friends or when I was at a party. Actually I truly managed to upset with my schedule some close friends and even half of my family biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Chris S. @ May 9 2016, 02:29 PM) *
Amazing work! Keep it up, can't wait for the next one smile.gif

I also hardly wait to see a new take finished wink.gif Huge thank you for your words and for the fact that you shared this on FB. I really appreciate smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 9 2016, 05:35 PM) *
Monica, you are an inspiration! Well done. You show, with that extraordinary playing, what hard work and dedication can achieve.
Thank you for posting that video and thank you for your inspiration smile.gif

Thank you so much for a constant support Phil. You are very kind as always and I'm truly happy that you liked my video smile.gif

QUOTE (DeGroot @ May 9 2016, 08:28 PM) *
Wow! Very cool cover and playing. cool.gif Congrats!

Thank you very much DeGroot smile.gif I'm really happy you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (Mertay @ May 9 2016, 10:08 PM) *
liked!

Thank you Mertay smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daeron
May 10 2016, 06:36 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Very nicely played, Monica ! It must have been much work to play this song. I didn't know the original one, so I'm listening too.
Congratulations ! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 10 2016, 07:59 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Daeron @ May 10 2016, 05:36 AM) *
Very nicely played, Monica ! It must have been much work to play this song. I didn't know the original one, so I'm listening too.
Congratulations ! smile.gif

Thank you so much Daeron smile.gif Yes, was hard as hell to work at this and after I saw how many details I must play, I truly thought that I will fail. In the moment when I almost lost my hope somehow things started to sound good but even now I need few hours warm up to be able to play this song.

Damn...I wanted but I forgot to post the original song played by Darek. I'm getting older and I begin to forget things biggrin.gif Here is the link:

+Quote Post
fzalfa
May 10 2016, 11:00 AM
Learning Roadie
Nicely done Monika !

a day, i'll play like this !.... a day

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
nikeman64
May 10 2016, 12:55 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wauw Monica, awesome playing !!!! That's some very cool guitarplaying you're showing. I think it's also very impressive that you are so dedicated and never quit to achieve your goal : playing this fantastic piece of music in a fantastic way. You succeeded!!!

I also like the tone, it's very sweet, yet still very expressive.

Keep going and congratulations , BIG TIME ! smile.gif

Nico

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 10 2016, 01:25 PM
GMC Founder
Love it Monica, I can see heaps of progress - and it's very inspiring to follow your guitar journey. Thanks and congratulations! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 11 2016, 04:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (fzalfa @ May 10 2016, 10:00 AM) *
Nicely done Monika !

a day, i'll play like this !.... a day

Laurent

Thank you for taking time to listen. I'm glad you like it smile.gif

QUOTE (nikeman64 @ May 10 2016, 11:55 AM) *
Wauw Monica, awesome playing !!!! That's some very cool guitarplaying you're showing. I think it's also very impressive that you are so dedicated and never quit to achieve your goal : playing this fantastic piece of music in a fantastic way. You succeeded!!!

I also like the tone, it's very sweet, yet still very expressive.

Keep going and congratulations , BIG TIME ! smile.gif

Nico

Thank you for your words, you are too kind smile.gif I'm stubborn like a donkey and even if I try to give up at something, that thing start to obsess me so bad that I can't sleep or eat until I not return to finish it. Also if I say "I can not do this" Darek say "I wait your take" (of course this is the short version of the discussion between us because usually this takes hours or days but always it ends with me doing things biggrin.gif ). So….no ways for me to "escape" biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ May 10 2016, 12:25 PM) *
Love it Monica, I can see heaps of progress - and it's very inspiring to follow your guitar journey. Thanks and congratulations! biggrin.gif

Thank you so much Kris. Always your opinion means huge for me smile.gif I'm very happy that my progress it's so visible but I'm still not proud about my hybrid picking technique. Both licks from the middle part which contain this technique, it doesn't sound perfect (I can hear only the huge difference between my take and Darek’s take). Even if I tried I wasn't able to manage this technique in such a short time but I hope to fix this soon wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 11 2016, 09:50 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ May 11 2016, 05:52 AM) *
Thank you so much Kris. Always your opinion means huge for me smile.gif I'm very happy that my progress it's so visible but I'm still not proud about my hybrid picking technique. Both licks from the middle part which contain this technique, it doesn't sound perfect (I can hear only the huge difference between my take and Darek’s take). Even if I tried I wasn't able to manage this technique in such a short time but I hope to fix this soon wink.gif

You will! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
May 11 2016, 06:06 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Fantastic job, Monica! Keep it up! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
May 12 2016, 05:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (AK Rich @ May 11 2016, 05:06 PM) *
Fantastic job, Monica! Keep it up! smile.gif

Thank you very much Rich for your words! Means a lot to me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
May 12 2016, 08:07 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Very inspiring Monika, this is some serious ownage wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:55 AM