4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
The Tapping Challenge, New Competition!
Nimrandir
Mar 8 2013, 06:32 PM
GMC:er
What's the exact deadline for this challenge? I have a draft take recorded, but would like to try and produce an improved version in the next 9 hours or so. Also is it ok to record audio and video separately?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Mar 8 2013, 07:29 PM
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Mar 8 2013, 05:32 PM) *
What's the exact deadline for this challenge? I have a draft take recorded, but would like to try and produce an improved version in the next 9 hours or so. Also is it ok to record audio and video separately?

Today, i.e. March 8, as it says in the opening post. I think you have till 11:59 PM GMT.

On another note, I tried to practice a lesson, but its not up to speed sad.gif so yeah, this time, I can't take part, even though I tried :/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by sammetal92: Mar 8 2013, 07:30 PM

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 8 2013, 08:57 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Mar 8 2013, 06:32 PM) *

Challenge will be closed tomorrow - hurry up and submit your take! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 10:51 PM
Instructor
Good luck guys!

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 8 2013, 10:57 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 8 2013, 09:57 PM) *
Challenge will be closed tomorrow - hurry up and submit your take! smile.gif

Ok, rendering the video smile.gif

+Quote Post
Nimrandir
Mar 8 2013, 11:30 PM
Ok, here's my take of this lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/thabus...xtreme_tapping/

Unfortunately, like a lot of people here, I've found out about this challenge a little too late, so the take is far from perfect, it's not as smooth as it should be. However I'm quite pleased that I was able to play it at least like that, as a couple of years ago I considered this lesson impossible and didn't even try to learn it smile.gif.

+Quote Post
zoom
Mar 9 2013, 03:55 AM
Learning Roadie
/WOW! That's awesome Nimrandir. Nothing to sneeze at here. I'd be happy too but I didn't play it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Nimrandir @ Mar 8 2013, 11:30 PM) *
Ok, here's my take of this lesson : https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/thabus...xtreme_tapping/

Unfortunately, like a lot of people here, I've found out about this challenge a little too late, so the take is far from perfect, it's not as smooth as it should be. However I'm quite pleased that I was able to play it at least like that, as a couple of years ago I considered this lesson impossible and didn't even try to learn it smile.gif.

+Quote Post
Nava
Mar 9 2013, 09:03 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Amazing Nimrandir:-)

Thats really great played!

You have really practise this hard biggrin.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 9 2013, 05:38 PM
Am just uploading mine to youtube now! (I hope!!!)

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 9 2013, 06:44 PM
Here's my entry.
Original Lesson:- https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...ng-from-heaven/

It goes out of sync in the middle because I re-did the audio and didn't play it exactly the same. mad.gif
Anyway, I hope it's OK for my first effort at a Tapping Lesson!!
smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 9 2013, 07:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Thanks everyone for participating!

This challenge is now CLOSED.

More details about voting coming soon!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2013, 11:23 PM
Instructor
Good job Jones & Nimrandir!! Good luck guys! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 11 2013, 01:48 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 9 2013, 10:23 PM) *
Good job Jones & Nimrandir!! Good luck guys! smile.gif

Thanks Gab!! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2013, 05:08 PM
Instructor
Hello everybody! It's time to know who is the winner of this challenge!! As Bogdan said, the goal here was getting into the tapping technique or progressing on this technique, so I think that in the end everybody succeeded. Congrats and thanks to all the participants!

Let me post all the takes here and give some feedback.

Nava:

Hi Nava! Thanks for your take! I think that you did a very good job with this lesson. Your playing is very tight and the only thing that you could improve on this one is to make it sound even cleaner, avoiding other strings sound. This is a very little detail but it's the only thing that I can comment about it. It's so close to perfection. Great job! smile.gif

DeGroot:

Hi mate! Thanks for your video! We are used to be amazed by your playing so you have chosen a very tricky lesson and played it very well. There are some little noises here and there but the overall is very good. Thanks for rocking this one!

Zoom:

Hi Zoom! Thanks for being part of this challenge! Nice take! Your timing is tight and your tone very warm. I like it! There are some notes that don't sound or that sound with less intensity but this will be fixed with some more practice. Keep on rocking. smile.gif

Nimrandir:

Hey Nimrandir! Thanks for your killer take! I didn't know that we had Michael Romeo at GMC! Your technique is fantastic so I can only say congratulations!!

Sensible Jones:

Hi Sensible Jones! Thanks for your take! I think that you are on the right path with this lesson. By the way you still have to work on this one isolating the different sections to be able to play it without unwanted noises and also keeping the same volume for every note. Your timing is very good as well as your tone. Keep on the hard work!

Ok, these has been all the takes for this collab so now it's time to take the decision of who is the winner of this one. I find this very difficult because everybody did a good job. However, based on the community votes and my personal vote I think that the prize will be for... NIMRANDIR!!!
The reason of this decision is not that he recorded the most difficult lesson, it's because he have chosen a lesson at his level and practice it until he could play it 100% perfect. Your entry is VERY inspiring. You rocked this challenge mate! smile.gif

Congratulations Nimrandir, and also congratulations everybody for the good job. Keep on the hard work!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
zoom
Mar 16 2013, 05:36 PM
Learning Roadie
Well done nimrandir. Very well played. Very inspiring!

+Quote Post
sammetal92
Mar 16 2013, 05:42 PM
Congratulations Numrandir! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Download my free guitar and Floyd Rose setup guide: http://www.samsguitars.tk/

+Quote Post
Nava
Mar 16 2013, 06:32 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Congratz Nimrandir!!
Very well worth it, love to see more playing from u wink.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 17 2013, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Congratulations Nimrandir! You are one hell of a taping machine! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 17 2013, 05:53 PM
Congrats Nimrandir!!! awesome work mate!!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 16 2013, 04:08 PM) *
Hi Sensible Jones! Thanks for your take! I think that you are on the right path with this lesson. By the way you still have to work on this one isolating the different sections to be able to play it without unwanted noises and also keeping the same volume for every note. Your timing is very good as well as your tone. Keep on the hard work!

Thanks Gab, I'm definitely going to keep working at it!!
biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 17 2013, 06:34 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Great job Nimrandir and congrats on the win! And congrats to everyone who participated in this challenge , well done everyone! smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:09 AM