2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Poor Puppy Collaboration - Final Mix!
Darius Wave
Apr 15 2013, 12:23 AM
Instructor
Thank You all for Your solos. They all gave some really cool mood to the track. Also...they were different, so after setting up a good order the tension build of whole thing came pretty nice smile.gif I've promised to do this at the weekend time...well. For me it's still Sunday night...so I feel like I've made it smile.gif All of You seems to have nice melody and feel...also some great guitar tone in there. If You don't mind I would like to post here my indyvidual thoughts about each solos...but to be fair I'll do this in time...writting all for everyone at the moment is no objective as it should be. But keep in mind...those are only little suggestions smile.gif

Order of apearance:

1. Darius Wave
2. tonyk
3. AK Rich
4. gregc1
5. Patrik Berg
6. Sensibile Jones
7. Hungry4Heaven

https://soundcloud.com/dariuswave/guitarmasterclass-net-poor

Download : Attached File  poor_puppy_collab_mix.mp3 ( 7.93MB ) Number of downloads: 147

I really enjoyd this one so keep in touch...We're gonna do next one smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 15 2013, 03:01 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Wow. That was very good. ...one of the better collabs I've heard so far. The variety in the takes was fantastic. Good job guys!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Apr 15 2013, 06:40 AM
Learning Tone Master
Now, this was a GOOD piece of music! Thanks Darius and fellow players. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 15 2013, 08:28 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Amazing playing guys! smile.gif
The solos fit so well together and the sound is excellent.

Love the emotion and feelings in your phrasing.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2013, 08:31 AM
Instructor
Nice playing and great atmosphere, you guys! Congrats to Darius and all the team!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 15 2013, 08:52 AM
Instructor
All the guys did some awesome job smile.gif Was nice to mix this collab smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Apr 15 2013, 10:20 AM
GMC:er
Great playing everyone...I really enjoyed listening to this biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Apr 15 2013, 12:47 PM
Darn, this is the Purest Puppie collab i've ever heard!! ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 15 2013, 01:18 PM
Wow! This came out great!! Well done guys and thank you Darius for the collab!!! Looking forward to your next one mate!!
biggrin.gif

Darius, is there any chance that you can make your take into a lesson? Or if not a full lesson perhaps the tab? I'm getting a bit lost with some of the faster passages! ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 15 2013, 01:58 PM
Instructor
Upsss....that was improvisation...I would have to check that out myself ha ha smile.gif Bu8t it's possible...I'll consider doing this as a lesson but i think in a two parts. Also...I can make the tabs for the sections You cannot make by ear...just nedd You to write them down. Maybe I'll do the thread at my instructors section smile.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Apr 15 2013, 03:13 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Oh yeah, that was top notch! Really love that backing track Darius.

I really like the mellowness and the feel of Darius' and Tony's takes. I think using small gaps between phrases works perfectly to get this emotion. These were the "saddest" 2 for me. AK, damn man, it's hard to pick a favorite take in this but yours would be up there. I mentioned it before but I get this really haunted beachy/Hawaiian feel. It has a real creepy steel guitar feel to it. Patrick brings in a really nice atmosphere that was made even more intense by the harmonies. Another great take and, like AK, had a very haunted, creepy feel to it. Really good. I thought Sensible's and Hungry's worked the best together being back to back. Sensible, dude, that SCREAMED David Gilmour. That was really really good, the tone, phrasing, everything was spot on. The 1 1/2 bend at the end set it off. You and Hungry reminded me of David Gilmour and Tim Renwick from the Delicate Sound of Thunder days. Hungry, brilliant as usual brother. I always love your tone and phrasing and your use of pre-bends (or is it your whammy?). Either way I've always thought of your playing as "smooth" and I think that's where a lot of that comes from. Gives it a very liquid feel.

Honor to be on this one with you guys. Looking forward to the next stop!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 15 2013, 03:25 PM
Instructor
OMG.. Definitely one of the best collabs I've ever heard. Ever single take was incredible and I mean it. Incredible ! What have you guys been eating / drinking ? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
gregc1
Apr 15 2013, 03:32 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Apr 15 2013, 02:25 PM) *
OMG.. Definitely one of the best collabs I've ever heard. Ever single take was incredible and I mean it. Incredible ! What have you guys been eating / drinking ? biggrin.gif

About a year's worth of Bushido donuts for a couple guys in here. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jouve
Apr 15 2013, 03:47 PM
Learning Roadie
That's awesome guys! I liked all takes and they sounded connected. So what is great about this colab - that when i listen to this composition i think about it as a whole. Thanks for a very enjoyable playing! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 15 2013, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Apr 15 2013, 01:58 PM) *
Upsss....that was improvisation...I would have to check that out myself ha ha smile.gif Bu8t it's possible...I'll consider doing this as a lesson but i think in a two parts. Also...I can make the tabs for the sections You cannot make by ear...just nedd You to write them down. Maybe I'll do the thread at my instructors section smile.gif

Two parts would be good!! I'll keep trying to figure them out, if I get stuck I'll let you know!!
biggrin.gif

QUOTE (gregc1 @ Apr 15 2013, 03:13 PM) *
I thought Sensible's and Hungry's worked the best together being back to back. Sensible, dude, that SCREAMED David Gilmour. That was really really good, the tone, phrasing, everything was spot on. The 1 1/2 bend at the end set it off. You and Hungry reminded me of David Gilmour and Tim Renwick from the Delicate Sound of Thunder days!

Thanks Greg, really appreciate the comment!
On an aside, Tim is a well respected Teacher and I was lucky enough to win a lesson with him (quite a few years ago) and I think he taught me more about feel/phrasing/dynamics in one hour than I had ever learned up to that point. He's a very pleasurable guy to spend time with, although I've not had any more lessons with him our paths have crossed a couple of times and I always thank him for that one lesson and, whether he says this just to be polite although I don't think so, he says he remembers it too because of how I took to what he was showing me!
smile.gif

This post has been edited by Sensible Jones: Apr 15 2013, 05:41 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
gregc1
Apr 15 2013, 05:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 15 2013, 04:39 PM) *
Thanks Greg, really appreciate the comment!
On an aside, Tim is a well respected Teacher and I was lucky enough to win a lesson with him (quite a few years ago) and I think he taught me more about feel/phrasing/dynamics in one hour than I had ever learned up to that point. He's a very pleasurable guy to spend time with, although I've not had any more lessons with him our paths have crossed a couple of times and I always thank him for that one lesson and, whether he says this just to be polite although I don't think so, he says he remembers it too because of how I took to what he was showing me!
smile.gif

Wow. That's awesome. I didn't get to see them live but I've watched that Pulse DVD no less than 100 times and Tim's playing is amazing. The perfect compliment to Gilmour.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 15 2013, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Apr 15 2013, 05:59 PM) *
Wow. That's awesome. I didn't get to see them live but I've watched that Pulse DVD no less than 100 times and Tim's playing is amazing. The perfect compliment to Gilmour.

Absolutely! In fact, Tim has played with Floyd on the 3 occasions I've seen them and they do compliment each other superbly!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Apr 15 2013, 07:12 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero

Every take was really fantastic guys. cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Apr 15 2013, 07:46 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (gregc1 @ Apr 15 2013, 02:13 PM) *
Hungry, brilliant as usual brother. I always love your tone and phrasing and your use of pre-bends (or is it your whammy?). Either way I've always thought of your playing as "smooth" and I think that's where a lot of that comes from. Gives it a very liquid feel.

Thanks for your analysis, Greg. smile.gif I do use pre-bends a lot (I think sometimes even too much). You may be right, though, that it helps smoothing out the lines and phrases.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 16 2013, 09:11 AM
Instructor
gregc1 Thank You for your detailed opinion. Very pleasant to read smile.gif Sensibile Jones...ok...so waiting for Your message smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:08 PM