A7x
stratman33
Apr 24 2008, 04:15 AM
GMC:er
anyone here like avenged sevenfold?i really like them, especially the songs "afterlife" and "seize the day".but the song by them-a little piece of heaven-that song is just downright weird...just wondering if u guys liked this band

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2008, 01:15 PM
Instructor
We had many topics about them and I can say that they have many lovers and also many haters.. it's a polemic band laugh.gif . I listen to their music and like some songs but I'm not a fan. I have no problem with their image, the clothes that they use and the make up. I like the hard/glam rock of the 80's scene so what the difference? ohmy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 24 2008, 01:20 PM
They're ok, thrashed and scattered is probably the song I like the most from them. Like a lot of bands I like listening to their music but their videos really put me off.

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
Mark.
Apr 24 2008, 02:11 PM
I never heard anything good about them so I never listened to them laugh.gif

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Apr 24 2008, 08:48 PM
I absolutely adored "Waking The Fallen" when it came out. And sounding the seventh trumpet is allright too. The city of evil is a bit too much towards power metal for my taste and I haven't heard the new album yet.

But as far as I'm concerned, good guitarists, good drummer, amaaazing vocalist.

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 24 2008, 09:01 PM
I LOVE them! They are my all time favorite band! Synyster Gates is also my all time guitar idol.

When that is said and done - I like all of their songs almost, and the mentioned A Little Piece of Heaven is especially cool, due to all the theatrical effects in it, and because it's so upright weird, which is a huge bonus. I find their solo's and guitar harmonies especially cool too. They are not like every other band music wise either. Shadows, the vocalist, is one of a kind in my eyes, with his extremely powerful and versatile voice. Zacky V, the rhythm guitarist is also pretty darn good on soloing as well as rhythm, as seen in some of their harmonies, and also a vocalist good enough to fill the vocalist role if needed. I don't know much about Johnny Christ, the bassist, because it's very hard to hear him. The Rev is the best drummer in my opinion, and he has pretty similar style as Joey from Slipknot, who are a good drummer, no matter what you think of Slipknot's music. He have also written a lot of the bands most popular songs like "Almost Easy", "A Little Piece Of Heaven" and "Critical Acclaim". And finally, Synyster Gates. He writes most of the bands music and guitars, and what I like with him the most, is his ability to take things from other cultures and mix them together to make the music one of a kind, both in sound and all that. Many people compare his style to Alexi Laiho, except that I find Syn's playing even cleaner and better, and he can play even faster too.

And of course I love their image!

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 24 2008, 09:01 PM
Instructor
i like some songs for them

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 24 2008, 09:04 PM
EDIT: Sorry Batista, I'm gonna offend you so much!
Don't like the faux shredding(but still not as bad as Dan Jacobs), pretty decent songwriting. For some reason everytime I see that freakin abbreviation of thier name I want to kick a stoner in the balls.

This post has been edited by RIP Dime: Apr 24 2008, 09:06 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Batista
Apr 24 2008, 09:15 PM
Haha no offense taken dude laugh.gif Guess your just pissed at me because I didn't like the idea of a skate punk lesson tongue.gif

--------------------
Seven Deadly Sins, One Deadly Syn

Gear list:
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
Schecter Damien-6
Vox AD30VT
Boss DS-1
Boss MT-2

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Apr 24 2008, 09:28 PM
QUOTE (Mark. @ Apr 24 2008, 09:11 AM) *
I never heard anything good about them so I never listened to them laugh.gif

Thats because theres nothing good to hear. i HATE them, but then again, i hate crappy, recycled Pop Music in general, so ,i guess thats to be expected. now excuse me while i go listen to some REAL metal. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Apr 24 2008, 09:29 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 24 2008, 09:44 PM
QUOTE (Batista @ Apr 24 2008, 09:15 PM) *
Haha no offense taken dude laugh.gif Guess your just pissed at me because I didn't like the idea of a skate punk lesson tongue.gif

Not pissed at all, my post here, and your post there were pretty much simultaneous. smile.gif Talking negative about someones favorite thing because they said something negative about something you kinda like is hardly how I roll. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Apr 24 2008, 10:22 PM
Instructor
Yes! I have a couple of their song... I like it!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 24 2008, 11:13 PM
what i dont understand is that lots of people say synyster gates sucks.i think thats just stupid, because hes a great guitarist IMO.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Apr 24 2008, 11:17 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:13 PM) *
what i dont understand is that lots of people say synyster gates sucks.i think thats just stupid, because hes a great guitarist IMO.

All he does is shred Chromatic runs. badly. there is good metal out there, but you wouldn't know it from this. may i humbly suggest listening to High On Fire? Heavy as hell, and one of the best metal bands out there right now.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
Spreedmaster
Apr 24 2008, 11:26 PM
QUOTE (Batista @ Apr 24 2008, 09:01 PM) *
. Many people compare his style to Alexi Laiho, except that I find Syn's playing even cleaner and better, and he can play even faster too.

You're joking right!? tongue.gif not a chance!

--------------------
''It is not herasy, and I will not repent''

Guitars:B.C. Rich WMD SOB with EMG 81/85s and Afterburner
B.C. Rich green acrylic ice Mockingbird with Rockfield Mafia/Fat ass
Black Peavy Rotor EX
ESP LTD DV200 with an irongear hammerhead in the bridge

Gear: Marshall MG15DFX
POD 2.0
Dunlop crybaby
Behringer UM300
Danelectro FAB metal
Biyang DS-7
Behringer EQ700

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 24 2008, 11:29 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:17 PM) *
All he does is shred Chromatic runs. badly. there is good metal out there, but you wouldn't know it from this. may i humbly suggest listening to High On Fire? Heavy as hell, and one of the best metal bands out there right now.

listen to the seize the day solo, no shredding there.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Apr 24 2008, 11:34 PM
I like unholy confessions from them...

--------------------

+Quote Post
stratman33
Apr 24 2008, 11:35 PM
QUOTE (Outlaw2112 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:34 PM) *
I like unholy confessions from them...

ya, that is a good one smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Apr 24 2008, 11:57 PM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 24 2008, 06:29 PM) *
listen to the seize the day solo, no shredding there.

i have, and it sucks. its all just a bunch of random notes strung together. this is not metal, its crappy pop marketed as metal to people who don't know any better.

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Apr 25 2008, 12:06 AM
QUOTE (stratman33 @ Apr 24 2008, 11:13 PM) *

His recorded stuff is pretty ok, he just doesn't impress me. His sense of melody is ok, and his speed runs could be much better, and I'm sorry but his vibrato IMO is pretty horrible. Just overall, he sounds very ameteurish. He could benefit alot with some quite time alone with his guitar and a drum machine, and some blues practicing to get his vibrato in shape.
IMO Alexi Laiho is much better. He just sounds like a pro, the devil is in the details, and the details of Synyster's playing is not there IMO.
I'm totally with guitarman on this one, check out High On Fire, they are a 3 piece, Matt Pike is a killer guitar player, clean, fast, good vibrato, nice and aggressive when he needs it, spacey and atmospheric when the song calls for it.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:31 AM