First Half Marathon Done
liveOASISforever
Mar 23 2014, 07:00 PM
GMC:er
Changed times for me now.Instead of stumbling in the house drunk at 5am I was getting up to go and run a half marathon smile.gif

The run went off road onto muddy trails and fields and involved a few hills that I really felt in my legs laugh.gif

The view first thing in the morning over the loch
Attached Image

Attached Image

This was up at one of the high points of the route.Not a great picture but was a really nice view
Attached Image

Nike App for my iPhone that I used that calculated the route, distance and time. Its a really good app
Attached Image

I wasn't out to set a great time but to enjoy the route and test myself. I actually really enjoyed it. The last 5 Km my left knee started giving me problems and was seizing up.Still feeling the pain in my knee just now and struggling to walk on it. Hopefully it will recover with some rest smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 23 2014, 07:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very well done! I used to be able to run 10-15k without problems, but sure as hell can't do that today.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Mar 23 2014, 07:04 PM

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 23 2014, 08:19 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
well done matey. Looks like it was a really cool route.
Ive often thought about getting back into running. I used to do it a little, just 3 mile routes but I'd try to run them as fast as I could. always thought about trying longer runs.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 23 2014, 08:32 PM
Learning Tone Master

Very healthy changing and a good choice! Wow....long route ohmy.gif
The first picture it's amazing! I wish to have this view when I wake up, but instead of that I see just blocks and cars.

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 23 2014, 08:43 PM
Well done!!! Running distances is hard..I cant do that...I was always a fast sprinter (which has its uses!). laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 23 2014, 10:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 23 2014, 08:32 PM) *
The first picture it's amazing! I wish to have this view when I wake up, but instead of that I see just blocks and cars.

That's when I close my eyes and go back to dream land! laugh.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Mar 24 2014, 01:41 AM
Congrats!

Even moreso for being a runner, which just isn't for me!

I understand the commitment and dedication - I love to indoor row on my Concept II rower, and frequently do half marathons (same distance as running) and once even did a full marathon, over three and a half hours! I have rowed almost 10 million meters in the years I've been doing it.

Stay with it - Stay healthy!

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 24 2014, 03:30 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Looks like it was a glorious long distance run. smile.gif Beautiful shots.

Hope your sore knee is OK! I used to run everyday…sometimes long distance. I didn't pay attention to the warning signs of my sore knees and it took me many months to recover from some knee injuries. Just make sure to pay attention to your body, wear the right shoes, rest up and all that good stuff. wink.gif Keep it up!

--------------------

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 24 2014, 08:08 AM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 23 2014, 06:04 PM) *
Very well done! I used to be able to run 10-15k without problems, but sure as hell can't do that today.

Thanks mate. Any running I have ever done has being on a running machine so it was good to get out and run in the fresh air.My brother just started to get fit in January again. He could not even run a 5k then but now he can do a half marathon in under 3 months training.I think your body can do amazing things in short periods of time with the right training and nutrition. smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Mar 23 2014, 07:19 PM) *
well done matey. Looks like it was a really cool route.
Ive often thought about getting back into running. I used to do it a little, just 3 mile routes but I'd try to run them as fast as I could. always thought about trying longer runs.

Cheers mate.I think running shorter distances at a faster pace would be harder than running longer distances at a steady pace. You should get into again its great feeling after you have done it. smile.gif

QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Mar 23 2014, 07:32 PM) *
Very healthy changing and a good choice! Wow....long route ohmy.gif

Yes its a very good choice Monica smile.gif

It was a great picture.The view was incredible across the loch first thing in the morning. I know what you mean about waking up to see the same boring thing everyday

QUOTE (Headbanger @ Mar 23 2014, 07:43 PM) *
Well done!!! Running distances is hard..I cant do that...I was always a fast sprinter (which has its uses!). laugh.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Running fast definitely has its uses laugh.gif

QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Mar 24 2014, 12:41 AM) *
Congrats!

Even moreso for being a runner, which just isn't for me!

I understand the commitment and dedication - I love to indoor row on my Concept II rower, and frequently do half marathons (same distance as running) and once even did a full marathon, over three and a half hours! I have rowed almost 10 million meters in the years I've been doing it.

Stay with it - Stay healthy!

Same goes to you mate. The indoor rowers are really great for a full body workout.10 million meters is crazy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 24 2014, 08:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 23 2014, 09:07 PM) *
That's when I close my eyes and go back to dream land! laugh.gif

Now I understand why you like to sleep all the time biggrin.gif It's a way to run in your dream land wink.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 24 2014, 08:13 AM
QUOTE (DeGroot @ Mar 24 2014, 02:30 AM) *
Looks like it was a glorious long distance run. smile.gif Beautiful shots.

Hope your sore knee is OK! I used to run everyday…sometimes long distance. I didn't pay attention to the warning signs of my sore knees and it took me many months to recover from some knee injuries. Just make sure to pay attention to your body, wear the right shoes, rest up and all that good stuff. wink.gif Keep it up!

My knee is still in a lot of pain. I am finding it hard to bend it and walk on it properly. To be honest I don't think human bodies were designed for this kind of stuff.Maybe OK to do long distance running every now and then.The constant impact on your body while running is a serious issue.I really don't know how endurance runners can do what they do and the state that their body will be in when the get older.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Mar 24 2014, 03:26 PM
That's awesome mate!! Especially that view!! Unfortunately my running days are long gone due to a replacement Knee Cartilage in my left knee and a Motorcycle Accident putting 42 stitches in my right one. sad.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 26 2014, 06:31 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Mar 24 2014, 02:26 PM) *
That's awesome mate!! Especially that view!! Unfortunately my running days are long gone due to a replacement Knee Cartilage in my left knee and a Motorcycle Accident putting 42 stitches in my right one. sad.gif

Thanks mate. Do you still ride motorbikes after your accident.I think that would put me completely off them if that happened to me.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:56 AM