You Have To Pick One Processor, Your On A Desert Island.
Todd Simpson
Feb 11 2020, 10:34 PM
GMC:er
You wake up one day stuck on a desert island with your dream guitar, a nice Marshal Cabinet and the processor of your dreams. Which one is it? Kemper? Axe FX? BIAS plugin? Overloud Plugin?You can only choose one and you can't ever change or update it.

Your stuck on a desert island it. Which one would you choose to have, AND WHY?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Feb 12 2020, 12:12 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 11 2020, 10:44 PM
GMC Founder
aaand my answer is...

Spoiler:
Kemper

😅🏝

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 12 2020, 12:10 AM
Why the kemper? Going to change the post to ask why folks make their choice. smile.gif
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Feb 11 2020, 05:44 PM) *
aaand my answer is...

Spoiler:
Kemper

😅🏝

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 12 2020, 02:21 AM
Well, if I get a 4x12 cab then the Kemper. *Is it loaded with profiles? You said no updates.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 12 2020, 04:58 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
It won't matter because there is not going to be electricity on a desert island, just in case this is a trick question wink.gif Ok just kidding.
I would have to go with the Axe Fx for no other reason than I am already familiar with Fractal Audio processors and I am satisfied with them. If it is a trick question, then I guess you would have to make that dream guitar an acoustic. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Feb 12 2020, 09:12 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 12 2020, 12:10 AM) *
Why the kemper? Going to change the post to ask why folks make their choice. smile.gif

Good thinking!

My reasoning is that thanks to years of tweaking the kemper I am comforable using it... But then on the other hand with all the time I'd have to burn on a desert island, maybe an Axe FX would be better (as its known to have even more tweaking capabilities), unless I can have access to the Rig manager of course 😁

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2020, 05:09 PM
Instructor
hahah for the same reason that Kris sad, I would go for Fractal III. It seems that it has endless settings and configurations. I will never get bored! biggrin.gif

Fractal and Kemper are my favorites regarding tone. (opinion based on real experience, not based on this video)

I don't think that the tones showed for Fractal are fair in this video. I own a Fractal AX8 and its high gain emulations are killer.

I'm curious to try this one:

Since I find their plug in's demo videos very promising:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Feb 13 2020, 01:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
I've currently been mic'ing up my Laney Amp and trying to get the best out of that. Of course that's not a processor, so as for that, I'd say BIAS FX is what I've been using the most and what I've been most familiar with through the years.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2020, 01:57 AM
no updates, as you are on a desert island with no wifi. One electric outlet powered by solar cells for the processor. smile.gif
Todd
QUOTE (klasaine @ Feb 11 2020, 09:21 PM) *
Well, if I get a 4x12 cab then the Kemper. *Is it loaded with profiles? You said no updates.

one electric plug from solar power with adapters for european plugs smile.gif Laptops allowed of course.Should have probably said "what rig". Would you take.

Most folks are KEMPER or AXE effects folks it seems A few plugin people! I'd probably have to take a laptop, power amp amp and use OVERLOUD THU due to it's flexibility and my vast experience with it.

Anyone else?
Todd
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Feb 12 2020, 08:39 PM) *
I've currently been mic'ing up my Laney Amp and trying to get the best out of that. Of course that's not a processor, so as for that, I'd say BIAS FX is what I've been using the most and what I've been most familiar with through the years.

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 13 2020, 01:44 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 12 2020, 04:09 PM) *
hahah for the same reason that Kris sad, I would go for Fractal III. It seems that it has endless settings and configurations. I will never get bored! biggrin.gif

Fractal and Kemper are my favorites regarding tone. (opinion based on real experience, not based on this video)

I don't think that the tones showed for Fractal are fair in this video. I own a Fractal AX8 and its high gain emulations are killer.

I'm curious to try this one:

Since I find their plug in's demo videos very promising:

Have you shared any of your Ax8 presets Gab?

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2020, 09:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Mar 13 2020, 09:44 AM) *
Have you shared any of your Ax8 presets Gab?

I use it for all my recent lessons so you can hear it here: (I share settings on each lesson)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Andy-Timmons-Licks/

and I've also used it for all guitar in my new band's recent simple:

Send a PM if you'd like to receive any AX8 preset.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 17 2020, 05:13 AM
You get some KILLER tones for sure Gabe. Have you thought about that new "Mini" Pedal version of the product?

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 15 2020, 04:08 PM) *
I use it for all my recent lessons so you can hear it here: (I share settings on each lesson)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Andy-Timmons-Licks/

and I've also used it for all guitar in my new band's recent simple:

Send a PM if you'd like to receive any AX8 preset.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:56 PM