Picking question, Holding the pick
mordred
Jan 26 2007, 11:42 AM
GMC:er
Long ago I heard that some guitarists hold the pick with one of the more rounded corners striking the strings. I adopted this style and was wondering if it's a bad habit I should work toward breaking. It just doesn't feel right when I pick with the pointed end, I got so used to the other way.

Any feedback will be graetly appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Ward the Impaler
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
jete124
Jan 26 2007, 12:22 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mordred @ Jan 26 2007, 05:42 AM) *
Long ago I heard that some guitarists hold the pick with one of the more rounded corners striking the strings. I adopted this style and was wondering if it's a bad habit I should work toward breaking. It just doesn't feel right when I pick with the pointed end, I got so used to the other way.

Any feedback will be graetly appreciated.

I know you can do it that way, especially for heavier sounding metal songs. However I don't know if it's a a good thing to do for every song.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 26 2007, 04:12 PM
GMC Founder
No right or wrong here. Just take the following into consideration when deciding how to hold the pick....

*Which sounds the best to you

*Which feels the best to you

...and there you should have your answer!

Kris smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:14 PM