Marshall Yjm100
MickeM
Jan 16 2011, 12:04 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
spite a SM57 picking up sound sideways I'm pretty sure I'm hearing something great from Marshall here (and not neccessarily looking for YJM's tone but just overall)
Probably the pricetag will be out of my league.

Marshall site

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
MickeM
Jan 17 2011, 10:26 AM
If Marshall only could unleash the pricetag already smile.gif

EDIT: one store actually added a price of 1,802.85 € but if that's real or just made up on the fly remains to see.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 17 2011, 11:36 AM
Here's the PM
EDIT: and picture

Attached Image

-------------

Marshall Amplification is proud to present the Signature YJM100: a 100-watt, valve head that was developed in close conjunction with the legendary Swedish six-string shredder, Yngwie Malmsteen.

The YJM offers the perfect balance of vintage tone and looks alongside modern features which makes the amplifier the perfect players' tool for "plug in and play" recording or live performance.

Malmsteen has been a Marshall devotee from the get-go so this collaboration comes as no surprise to his countless fans. "I can't say enough about my love for the sound, feel and look of the wall of Marshall's. Since I was 10 years old, I've insisted on having them behind me at all times," the guitarist reveals.

"I must have had every amp company in the world ask me to endorse them, over the years. To finally have my own signature Marshall is an honour and this amp is truly a master piece!"

Based on the power and tone of the 'Holy Grail' 1959 Plexi head, the YJM100 offers the ultimate Neo-Classical amp with the following cutting edge features:

1. Footswitchable* Boost with controls for Volume and Gain on the rear panel.
2. Footswitchable* Noise Gate with rear panel Threshold control.
3. Footswitchable* studio quality Digital Reverb with rear panel Level control.
4. Footswitchable* Series FX Loop
5. Half power switch which takes the output power from 100W to 50W when engaged.
6. Built-in, infinitely variable Attenuator control which can take the output stage from 100% to 0.01% and anywhere in-between, while retaining the all-important tone and feel of the all-valve power section. This means the output power can be reduced to a staggering low of 0.05 Watts when in 50W power mode.
7. Valve Failure Circuitry: meaning that if one of the output valves develops a fault, a visual indicator on the rear of the amplifier shows which one is working incorrectly. This "roadie friendly feature" will save valuable time getting the amplifier back up and running again, should a valve failure occur.
8. Self-biasing circuitry to ensure proper power valve operation each time valves are changed.

*NOTE: A four-way Footcontroller (PEDL-00046) comes supplied with the YJM100, facilitating switching of Booster, Gate, Reverb and FX Loop features. This Footcontroller has been designed using Marshall Amplification's patented Stompware Technology, allowing the user to connect it to the amp using a standard 1/4" guitar cable.

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Jan 17 2011, 12:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
This looks pretty bad ass biggrin.gif I like amps with special unique features.

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 17 2011, 12:44 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow, amazing features. Would love to hear it for real though smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 17 2011, 11:45 PM
Instructor
Amazing features on an amazing amp, that's for sure. I like the sound as well, very authentic. I would like to see how it looks inside tho smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
dark dude
Jan 18 2011, 12:35 AM
GMC:er
I like the sound very much, but of course, the price puts me off it completely.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 18 2011, 12:22 PM
Price £1515 from UK. Confirmed.
Due in April or May

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 18 2011, 02:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sounds really like an awesome product. I'm not a fan of signature stuff but this one is really well made and has good features. Price is not so steep I guess.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Jan 18 2011, 02:48 PM
Instructor
Not a big fan of Malmsteen but the amp sounds nice.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:45 AM