> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Away In A Manger - Festive Challenge
GRADE
Away In A Manger - Festive Challenge
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
8 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

ruben_mcn
Jan 4 2011, 07:49 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Guys.. here is my take at this year Festive Challenge at Intermediante Level..

Link to the lesson: HERE

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 11 2011, 06:28 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ben Higgins
Jan 4 2011, 08:12 PM
Instructor
This was a great take Ruben ! (Thanks for participating in the challenge)

You've got a strong grasp of the lesson, with good phrasing. My only 2 criticisms are that you were a little in front of the beat.. and the other is that your left and right hands need more work to be synchronised better at this speed. Apart from that you did an excellent job. Your left hand work is really good and the final bend is awesome ! Well done ! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 5 2011, 05:25 AM
Instructor
Great take! I will agree on the points described by Ben. The more tight with the pulse the better!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 6 2011, 12:54 AM
Instructor
This is very good. It's a difficult piece for you, and your hands are a bit tensed while playing this. This creates some timing issues and a bit nervous sounding take. I think you played it nicely, but it lacks finesse. Try to be more relaxed, play more in time, and polish up those vibratos and bends (which are good btw, but need to be more precise).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 8 2011, 05:06 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.6 on this take man, pass..

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:21 PM