2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Unpleasant Guitarist
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 28 2014, 10:07 PM
GMC Founder
...and it's me, who would have thought? ph34r.gif

Have you encountered guitarists who are a bit too comfortable with their abilities?

How do you deal with success and stay humble?

Give us your two cents!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 28 2014, 10:45 PM
GMC:er
Well, when you're as famous as me there is only one way to handle it.
I joined an Internet Guitar Website where I can fit in and pretend that I'm not really as famous as I am, after all I'm probably more famous than anyone, anywhere.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 28 2014, 10:53 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 28 2014, 11:45 PM) *
Well, when you're as famous as me there is only one way to handle it.
I joined an Internet Guitar Website where I can fit in and pretend that I'm not really as famous as I am, after all I'm probably more famous than anyone, anywhere.
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

It worked, you are very down to earth inspite of being huuuuuge in Japan (and everywhere else as well, of course!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 29 2014, 01:58 AM
Dang, I've seen that guy around before, he's the best-est guitarist in the world, except for maybe this guy???

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 29 2014, 03:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
my fifteen seconds of fame, at the height of my bands Pathetic popularity.My wife and I were at a burger joint.We were sitting in the back.A young man walks by, looks at me and said ,"are you the guitarist from "January Sun". I said yes .He turns around ,yells at his buddies on the other side of the restaurant (yes, so everyone in the place heard), It's the guitarist from "January Sun".Of course I handled it with all the humility and grace that you-all know I have blink.gif . We talked for a short time and after he walked Away my wife looks at me smilling and says "you loved that , didn't you", a -duh !

It is easy to see how people that get their butt kissed all the time have attitudes ,It does feel nice.
luckily for most of us,Life has a way of keeping us planted

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Jul 29 2014, 03:23 AM

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 29 2014, 09:40 AM
HAHAHA!!!

Reminds me of a guitar motivational video if Yngwie Malmsteen put one out.

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Mith
Jul 29 2014, 11:48 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I played in a band with a guitarist like that once. could do a whole pile of fancy crap but always fell way out of time. It got even better when he would say everyone else kept moving time. In his head 3 other people had to be in the wrong time because it would be impossible for him to be out of time.

--------------------
I don't suffer from insanity, I love every minute of it

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 29 2014, 01:28 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Mith @ Jul 29 2014, 12:48 PM) *
I played in a band with a guitarist like that once. could do a whole pile of fancy crap but always fell way out of time. It got even better when he would say everyone else kept moving time. In his head 3 other people had to be in the wrong time because it would be impossible for him to be out of time.

I hate to break the news, but when you can play over a certain bpm you can't be wrong anymore - the laws of physics forbid it. So you three were probably moving time tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2014, 01:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Spock @ Jul 29 2014, 09:40 AM) *
HAHAHA!!!

Reminds me of a guitar motivational video if Yngwie Malmsteen put one out.

Attached Image

Attached Image

laugh.gif laugh.gif

Excellent !

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 29 2014, 04:19 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jul 28 2014, 10:53 PM) *
It worked, you are very down to earth inspite of being huuuuuge in Japan (and everywhere else as well, of course!)

Well, I suppose it was inevitable that once my cover of the 'Fastest Floyd Fixer' became known my fame would spread further than ever!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jul 29 2014, 05:55 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
It's hard to stay humble and down to earth when random people talk to me on the streets saying "oh man, aren't you that awesome guy doing these great covers with those other dudes on youtube?"
tongue.gif just kidding

Gotta agree with cursin (yes! agree!!! biggrin.gif ) that life will keep us all planted.
Plus, not taking yourself too seriously will also prevents becoming unpleasant when you are having success.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 29 2014, 06:09 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
LMAO! Next time someone says to me 'Oh you play guitar, are you any good?' Im totally answering with - 'picture the guy whose better than the guy whose better you..... Im better than him, its not gonna be a her' laugh.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 29 2014, 06:19 PM
Instructor
I think that the more you know and the more you realize how much you have to learn, plus getting to know all sorts of amazing inspirational people, will definitely humble you down. Being humble regardless of what you have achieved is a pretty amazing trait of character smile.gif

I always thought that every guy that gets big is like that, but some folks are the walking proof about the wrongness of my thoughts biggrin.gif

Look what I have found: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2013/0..._guitarists.php

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 29 2014, 07:31 PM
Instructor
To be honest, I don't think I should even stoop as low as to answer on this thread as I'm so above you all.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 30 2014, 04:21 AM
You did a brilliant YNGWIE impression!!! I think you should put on a big poofy wig and sunglasses and bingo!!! Instant Yngwie!!

Egad!! They named STEVE VAI the #1 Guitar Douche? I must question the validity of such a list sad.gif Mr. Vai is among the best players still alive IMHO.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 29 2014, 01:19 PM) *
I think that the more you know and the more you realize how much you have to learn, plus getting to know all sorts of amazing inspirational people, will definitely humble you down. Being humble regardless of what you have achieved is a pretty amazing trait of character smile.gif

I always thought that every guy that gets big is like that, but some folks are the walking proof about the wrongness of my thoughts biggrin.gif

Look what I have found: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2013/0..._guitarists.php

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 30 2014, 04:00 PM
I was at a party one time and I met a drummer (xlnt player, works constantly, has a long L O N G resume) who introduced himself as "______ ___________, the best f'ing drummer you'll ever play with". And he was dead serious.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 30 2014, 04:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 30 2014, 03:21 AM) *
You did a brilliant YNGWIE impression!!! I think you should put on a big poofy wig and sunglasses and bingo!!! Instant Yngwie!!

Egad!! They named STEVE VAI the #1 Guitar Douche? I must question the validity of such a list sad.gif Mr. Vai is among the best players still alive IMHO.

They are completely wrong, but that's one reason why I shared the link, because I was curious to see what you guys think biggrin.gif

Steve is one of the nicest guys I met and more, my good friend who toured with him, told me he is an excellent professional and nice guy to work with and he really knows how to handle a situation. For instance, on his birthday, they were in Moscow and the orchestra did not want to perform due to the bad accommodation conditions and he really knew how to talk to them all and convince them to perform, not by forcing them, because he did not have the means, but by being a very nice guy smile.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 30 2014, 06:30 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 30 2014, 04:00 PM) *
I was at a party one time and I met a drummer (xlnt player, works constantly, has a long L O N G resume) who introduced himself as "______ ___________, the best f'ing drummer you'll ever play with". And he was dead serious.

I knew a well-known Session Bassist who was like that!! (He did actually go on to some small bit of fame.)
wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 30 2014, 06:42 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 30 2014, 10:30 AM) *
I knew a well-known Session Bassist who was like that!! (He did actually go on to some small bit of fame.)
wink.gif

Hey, I guess it 'works' for some guys.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 30 2014, 10:50 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 30 2014, 07:42 PM) *
Hey, I guess it 'works' for some guys.

Who knows, maybe the small "small" bit of fame would have been bigger with the right attitude?

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 29 2014, 07:09 PM) *
LMAO! Next time someone says to me 'Oh you play guitar, are you any good?' Im totally answering with - 'picture the guy whose better than the guy whose better you..... Im better than him, its not gonna be a her' laugh.gif

Do that and you'll get lots of friends (especially female ones) wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:20 AM