Using Your Resources !
Ben Higgins
Apr 16 2012, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Hey Guys, have you ever wanted to either have something or needed something but either couldn't afford it or didn't have the room for it ? Instead, you figure out a different way to achieve the same results ?

I realised that the ceiling joists in the outside shed could serve 2 purposes. I could hang a heavy kick bag from it and I could figure out a way to create a pull up mechanism.

For the kick bag, I just used 2 chains and a padlock to secure them together.

Attached Image

Attached Image

The kick bag I installed a few months ago but I still wanted some way to do pull ups but without screwing bars into doors in the house. Plus, I'd seen too many videos of people banging their heads on the door frame laugh.gif I was watching Rocky III the other night and Mr T's character was doing pull ups using string tied over a bar. Well, I could do a similar thing with the same ceiling joist so I got some strong fabric off my girlfriend (she makes memory foam dog beds so she has loads lying around) and threaded them over the joist. However, it was rough on my hands so I stole my 2 padded seat belt covers from my car and put them on there too !

Attached Image
(No, I'm not standing on something either !) wink.gif

What things have you guys made to suit your purposes ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Dinaga
Apr 16 2012, 06:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Does this count? biggrin.gif

I had an accident with the saddle on my acoustic guitar. I wanted to lower the action of the strings by carving it (idiot) and ended up destroying the whole thing tongue.gif I can't find any replacement (at least not in the shops in my town - I'd had to buy the whole bridge). Sooo this is my improvisation with a thick book cover biggrin.gif Looks awful, but it works - at least until I buy a new bridge! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Dinaga: Apr 16 2012, 06:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 16 2012, 07:35 PM
GMC:er
Nicely done Ben! You'd be right at home in many of the basement Gyms here. Not to mention various fight clubs. If we can get you a gun permit, you'll be set for your visit to the states!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Apr 16 2012, 08:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Apr 16 2012, 06:46 PM) *
Does this count? biggrin.gif

Yes, it most definitely does count ! cool.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 16 2012, 07:35 PM) *
Nicely done Ben! You'd be right at home in many of the basement Gyms here. Not to mention various fight clubs. If we can get you a gun permit, you'll be set for your visit to the states!

Haha !!

And in the blue corner, all the way from.... err.... some village in the UK... The Sensei ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:00 AM