How Do I Stop The Buzzing?
Nick325
Dec 23 2007, 02:46 AM
GMC:er
i get it when i have distortion on and with the neck or bridge pickup? i get it more when i turn my guitar, its wierd?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Dec 23 2007, 02:49 AM
Hmm, could be caused by anything. What gear do you have? It may just be a faulty cord or poor pickups.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
swingline
Get a Noise Gate that should help.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
QUOTE (swingline @ Dec 22 2007, 07:49 PM) *
Get a Noise Gate that should help.

Hey yeah most definetly! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 23 2007, 11:11 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well if you are playing in front of your computer and monitor thats the problem!! wink.gif Just back off a little and there will be no buzzing..Pickups tend to pickup the various electronic equipment.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 23 2007, 11:14 AM
Instructor
It is very common for pickups to pick up noise in their environment, especially if you use single pickups. But hums can be affected as well if the source is strong.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Nick325
Dec 23 2007, 04:58 PM
well im using single coil pickups well i dont really play near my computer when i using my amp

+Quote Post
USAMAN
Dec 23 2007, 05:08 PM
Does your amp have an effects loop? If so see my thread in gear forum re: NS-2 noise suppressor. Hook it up like I explain and it will be silent.
Peace

This post has been edited by USAMAN: Dec 23 2007, 05:08 PM

--------------------
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat ?

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 23 2007, 10:01 PM
QUOTE (Bogdan @ Dec 23 2007, 11:11 PM) *
Well if you are playing in front of your computer and monitor thats the problem!! wink.gif Just back off a little and there will be no buzzing..Pickups tend to pickup the various electronic equipment.. wink.gif

Really??? Didn't know. Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 23 2007, 10:08 PM
If you got any TV's or computer monitors on, turn them off. The amount of noise you get will be alot less.

+Quote Post
Freebird
Dec 23 2007, 10:19 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 23 2007, 10:08 PM) *
If you got any TV's or computer monitors on, turn them off. The amount of noise you get will be alot less.

Only CRTs give those problems... If you've got LCDs you won't have any problems usually!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 23 2007, 10:26 PM
Instructor
There could also be some problems with your pickup's wiring. Open the backplate and check if there's any wires that are not connected or loose smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:07 PM