Tone Testing With Waves Gtr And A Dimarzio Evo 7
The Uncreator
Jul 7 2012, 05:32 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Used Waves GTR before and never liked it, not even a little. However, since I swapped my pickup in the bridge to an Evo 7, I went through trying all my different equipment as you do, and was pleasantly surprised by Waves. It has that metallic "clang" I like when I attack the strings, here is a quick mix of it.

Also, the only gripe i have now with Waves is the the treble, bass, and mid knobs are ungoldy sensitive. The treble at 5.5 sounds like the TSEX40 at around 8 or 9.

http://soundcloud.com/lascailles-shroud/dimarzio-evo-7-w-waves-gtr

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 7 2012, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
That's cool you like it. smile.gif It's too clangy for me, but whatever you like man! smile.gif The sound Keith Merrow gets out of his guitar is what I likes! But I don't have money to upgrade pickups...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 7 2012, 05:53 PM
GMC:er
I like that sound mate! I've got GTR as well and have found it quite responsive, especially to my RG with the Seynours and also to my G&L. Mostly using the Neil Citron Amps.

Magix Vandal is also quite a nice simple one too.
smile.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:11 PM