> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28  
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
HiimAlex
Mar 24 2021, 12:28 PM
GMC:er
Hi Gab,
I have two new videos. The two full lessons at normal tempo smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2021, 03:27 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Mar 24 2021, 10:03 PM
Thank you for your nice words! smile.gif I agree, the second lesson has felt easier, but iit was a bit hard in the beginning to get the right rhythm on that one. And I think the new way with focusing on just a few chords at a time is making it easier.
My fingertips did hurt when I was recording video for lesson 2 smile.gif

I will continue with lesson 3 and 4 and start listening to more acoustic songs.
I have one question about lesson 3, it has time signature 6/8.
Is the only difference compared to the usual 4/4 that you count 1-2-3 instead of 1-2-3-4?

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Mar 25 2021, 11:37 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2021, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Yes, you can count 1 - 2 - 3 instead of 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

You can read about this here: LINK.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Mar 25 2021, 05:44 PM
Thank you. That made it a lot clearer. I used to think that 3/4 and 6/8 was the same thing but now I understand it better.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 25 2021, 06:28 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Mar 25 2021, 01:44 PM) *
Thank you. That made it a lot clearer. I used to think that 3/4 and 6/8 was the same thing but now I understand it better.

Great! It's very important to differentiate both meters:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Mar 30 2021, 08:35 PM
Thank you Gab, that was a great video. smile.gif

I have recorded two videos tonight.
Lesson 3 playing at 50 bpm, just one chord. I think it is a tricky rhythm to play so far.

And Lesson 4, both at 90 and 110 bpm, just one chord here as well. The percussive hit was hard in the beginning. Now I think I play the percussive hit similar to how Darius plays it.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 1 2021, 03:43 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Apr 2 2021, 01:06 PM
Thank you for the response. I will work on those things.
And I wish you a happy easter!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2021, 03:48 PM
Instructor
Thanks! The same to you mate! Enjoy the holidays!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Apr 6 2021, 09:28 PM
Hi mate, I recorded two videos today.

Also I have practiced lesson 3 with a metronome most of the week. For some reason I could not record this with a metronome. So I play along the backing here at 60 bpm.

Acoustic lesson 4 at 140 bpm, only playing one chord. Now I make upstroke with one finger and down stroke with all fingers.But I mess up at the end here.

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Apr 6 2021, 09:29 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2021, 03:30 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Apr 8 2021, 08:26 AM
Thanks for your feedback Gab. I think it is clear. I will record a short video of lesson 3 later tonight.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2021, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Excellent!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Apr 8 2021, 06:29 PM
Here is the video I recorded tonight, it contains three different styles of the rhythm. First only downstrokes, then down and up strokes and then down, upstrokes and thumb stroke since that is how it is in the original lesson. So it would be easier to figure out what makes it hard for me to play tight.

I muted the strings with my left hand and only focusing on my right hand here.
There are some moments in this video where you do not hear the click of the metronome, I guess I am rushing a bit then? And that the click of the metronome always should be heard?
I think it is easier to play along the metronome rather than the backing track.

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Apr 8 2021, 06:30 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2021, 03:01 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! That's good! You are playing the rhythm well now but it's true that you tend two rush a bit... not the accents (first beat downstrokes) , but the other part of the rhythm. Try to adjust the timing there, practice slower if it's necessary. Close your eyes, move your body with the beat.

Keep on practicing!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Apr 14 2021, 10:59 AM
Hi mate,

I have practiced the lesson 3 over a metronome and I think the timing is getting better now.
In the video I play over both a metronome and the backing track.

Lesson 4, I feel like I am more comfortable with the rhythm now and can change between two chords.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2021, 03:14 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
HiimAlex
Apr 14 2021, 06:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I will work on my dynamics. I can hear the difference between my videos and Darius's videos.

And also thank you for the nice words. It is a pleasure for me as well to be a part of Gab's army.

I don't know why my video for lesson 4 was so long. I always edit my videos in YouTube Studio but apparently my trimming of the video was gone and I did not check the video before posting it here.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 15 2021, 03:25 PM
Instructor
Great mate! Keep on the good job!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2021 - 02:26 PM