> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

137 Pages V  « < 134 135 136 137 >  
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2021, 05:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 5 2021, 11:31 AM) *
What is the reason for down picking single notes, I understand with chords if you want to keep the bass notes sounding first don't I can't see an advantage with single notes on the same string.

The reason for both chords and melodies is to get a different "feel". Downpicking and Alternate Picking sound different, the accentuation that you get is different so the feel is different.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 5 2021, 11:31 AM) *
By the way, the sound sync issue was on my YouTube video in your video again wink.gif

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

UPDATE: How weird is this? Your video in the actual REC Zone has sync issues on my video but I just watched your video on our Facebook group and it doesn't have the sync issue on that one. That's really really freaky wacko.gif blink.gif

I've re-checked the vid and I don't notice sync issues in my computer. I've checked the one uploaded here:

and also the original file.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 5 2021, 05:23 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think you missed the update in my last post buddy, there is some weird magic happening somewhere. The update said "UPDATE: How weird is this? Your video in the actual REC Zone has sync issues on my video but I just watched your video on our Facebook group and it doesn't have the sync issue on that one. That's really really freaky wacko.gif blink.gif "

It's okay mate, we can live with it, I only tell you because I know you like things to be spot on wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 5 2021, 06:10 PM
Instructor
Ah ok! I was scared that the problem was back again! laugh.gif That's why I've checked everything.

Could it be a problem with your cellphone player?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 5 2021, 06:17 PM
I've only watched it on my Android tablet but I'll check on my pc later.

wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 5 2021, 07:38 PM
Strange, no sync issues on the PC and none on my tablet now. Maybe the whole thing was out of sync on my tablet but I only noticed it on my playing, that would make more sense with it being a processing issue. If it WAS only my YT video that was out of sync on my tablet that would be some weird black magic mojo going on ohmy.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 5 2021, 08:36 PM
Hola Gab,

In case you missed it, there is a post above this one wink.gif

Okay here is tonight's Shuffle at 130bpm. In some ways, I think it is better than the REC take smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/gabs-shuffle-130-bpm-april-5th-2021

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 5 2021, 08:37 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2021, 01:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 5 2021, 03:38 PM) *
Strange, no sync issues on the PC and none on my tablet now. Maybe the whole thing was out of sync on my tablet but I only noticed it on my playing, that would make more sense with it being a processing issue. If it WAS only my YT video that was out of sync on my tablet that would be some weird black magic mojo going on ohmy.gif

Yeah! That's weird! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 5 2021, 04:36 PM) *
Hola Gab,

In case you missed it, there is a post above this one wink.gif

Okay here is tonight's Shuffle at 130bpm. In some ways, I think it is better than the REC take smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/gabs-shuffle-130-bpm-april-5th-2021

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

Wou! That's a killer take! This one would get a 9 at REC!

There are only two moments in which your playing could be clearer: 00:06, and 00:08.

GREAT job!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 6 2021, 08:56 PM
Salud Gab,

Thanks for your comments. Not much to give you tonight, there was a power cut in our area so I had an acoustic jam in the dark wink.gif

By the time the power came back I didn't have the time to record anything rolleyes.gif

Nos hablamos amigo

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 6 2021, 08:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2021, 03:46 PM
Instructor
Acoustic jam in the dark sounds very good!

Thanks for the update mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2021, 08:58 PM
Hola Gab,

Yes the acoustic jam in the dark was relaxing but don't try to play the shuffle lesson on acoustic wacko.gif wacko.gif Well you might be able to do it but I couldn't, that tricky lick was like running the hurdles laugh.gif laugh.gif

Tonight I did a bit of Todd's Bootcamp, I also practised the shuffle lesson again, I think I'm addicted to that lesson, I can't put it down rolleyes.gif

Here is a target speed take (120bpm) from tonight.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/gabs-shuffle-120-bpm-april-7th-2021

I must get onto that new lesson, I have been trying but it's the first half of bar 2 that is giving me a problem. I'll isolate and really really slow it down.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2021, 03:02 PM
Instructor
Nice new take! I think that you should keep this one as a warm up every day. The more you play it, the more comfortable you'll be. I think that there is still room to make it sound groovier.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 7 2021, 04:58 PM) *
I must get onto that new lesson, I have been trying but it's the first half of bar 2 that is giving me a problem. I'll isolate and really really slow it down.

Ok! Keep me updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2021, 07:59 PM
Hola Gab,

Yeah, I'll get back to you when I've made a bit of progress on both things, shouldn't be too long wink.gif

Nice to see you practising when the teacher is out of the room and not just for the teacher wink.gif At 01:50 in THIS you get it perfecto. Don't worry, I don't watch them all but I do watch the odd one as I find them inspiring even though they aren't for me cool.gif

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2021, 02:37 PM
Instructor
hahaha yeah! I'm always practicing teacher! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 9 2021, 08:11 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 9 2021, 02:37 PM) *
hahaha yeah! I'm always practicing teacher! biggrin.gif

I spotted that because I'm following HimmAlex, he's doing a great job and working very hard.

Just had REC feedback from Darius, I think he's the least impressed. The final note that Darius talks about is odd, I tried on a few guitars and I get a similar result, I'm wondering if it is my picking maybe pulling that string away from the fret and causing it to catch the fret and go into a harmonic kind of sound huh.gif
The other thing is Kris's comment about moving from the shoulder, I've watched your video again and you're forearm looks planted on the guitar. Can you give me some guidance please.

That new lesson playing melody between chords is great, I've left a comment.

Also, I think that, for me, understanding chords and scales makes much much more sense if I look at the musical staff instead of the fretboard. Like a minor chord having a flattened 3rd, it never made sense to me because I used to say to myself "but the 3rd in the A minor scale is C the same as the 3rd in the A minor chord so how does it have a flattened 3rd??".

Somehow looking at it on the musical staff made so much more sense for some reason. It was like a lightbulb moment smile.gif I've only told you this so hopefully, you can understand why I (and maybe some of your other students) sometimes can't grasp things.

It's like I never understood why quarter notes in 3/4 time were still quarter notes and not third notes, it made more sense to me, when I found out it is a "crotchet" and that a crotchet is any one beat of a bar. I was thinking about it too mathematically and it was confusing me.

Please correct me if I'm wrong wink.gif

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo cool.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 10 2021, 04:48 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 10 2021, 06:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 9 2021, 04:11 PM) *
Just had REC feedback from Darius, I think he's the least impressed. The final note that Darius talks about is odd, I tried on a few guitars and I get a similar result, I'm wondering if it is my picking maybe pulling that string away from the fret and causing it to catch the fret and go into a harmonic kind of sound huh.gif
The other thing is Kris's comment about moving from the shoulder, I've watched your video again and you're forearm looks planted on the guitar. Can you give me some guidance please.

Hi Phil!

The harmonic thing doesn't seem to be your picking. This could be a fret, or your tone. It's tricky to notice if just with that video but maybe you can record a video just with your guitar to try to discover the reason.

Regarding the hand and arm movement... I think that Kris is giving a very interesting tip there that I've missed when checking your videos. You are focusing the movement in your wrist, while some movement from the elbow could really help your groove. I don't notice that I'm doing it from my shoulder but I'm definitely letting my whole arm more relaxed and moving with the hand. Check it out, compare my main video with yours and let me know if you notice.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 9 2021, 04:11 PM) *
Also, I think that, for me, understanding chords and scales makes much much more sense if I look at the musical staff instead of the fretboard. Like a minor chord having a flattened 3rd, it never made sense to me because I used to say to myself "but the 3rd in the A minor scale is C the same as the 3rd in the A minor chord so how does it have a flattened 3rd??".

Somehow looking at it on the musical staff made so much more sense for some reason. It was like a lightbulb moment smile.gif I've only told you this so hopefully, you can understand why I (and maybe some of your other students) sometimes can't grasp things.

Please correct me if I'm wrong wink.gif

I don't get this part. What are you analyzing? The 'Get that shuffle' lesson? The chord is A7 there. (Check part 1's text in the lesson) blink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2021, 07:17 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 10 2021, 06:27 PM) *
I don't get this part. What are you analyzing? The 'Get that shuffle' lesson? The chord is A7 there. (Check part 1's text in the lesson) blink.gif

Sorry Gab,

That wasn't related to the Shuffle lesson, it was related to your new melody between chords lesson and basic theory in general. You can ignore it if you want, I was rambling a little bit rolleyes.gif

I'll watch your video again, I know you look a lot more relaxed and economical than I do.

Salud

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 10 2021, 08:47 PM
Hola Gab,

Here are two videos of that note that Darius commented on.

https://youtu.be/cjcJYNFqIbA

https://youtu.be/akVxQk0zULU

Salud

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2021, 12:10 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil! It seems that the vids are private.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 11 2021, 08:17 PM
Should be okay now buddy,

The sync is out though, I only used the direct feed not Reaper. I can do it again if you need.

That dominant 9 chord is a tricky little bugger isn't it? blink.gif

Salud

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 11 2021, 08:24 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 11 2021, 08:24 PM
Instructor
I think that it's a harmonic and happens because of the highly sound. Did you try with any other patch?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

137 Pages V  « < 134 135 136 137 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2021 - 03:16 PM