The Weirding Module Arrives
Todd Simpson
Apr 5 2021, 05:59 AM
GMC:er
WAY HUGE inc have released the new "WEIRDING MODULE" pedal. It takes it's name from a device from the novel/movie DUNE which can allow folks to kill/destroy using just their voice. This thing kills and destroys using just the voice of your guitar. To be clear, this unit can sound really bad in the wrong hands and much better in the right hands. Notice how restrained the player in the demo is. If you end up playing to quickly, some folks say it just turns in to a bit of a blur depending on settings. still, it does seem interesting and I'd like to try one! How about you guys?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Apr 5 2021, 06:01 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 5 2021, 03:53 PM
I've had several 'synth' envelope type pedals.
None of them track that great when you start to play quickly and as the reviewer mentions, they react better or worse depending on where you play on the neck and which pickup you choose. I'll add that you need really clean technique to get the best out of them. Any stray, ringing note(s) will affect the sound. If your low E rings open a lot - the thing won't track.

The only one I kept was the original - the EH "Micro-Synth".
https://www.ehx.com/products/micro-synth/

They're all cool for adding some texture and 'weirdness' to a track.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 5 2021, 03:55 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 6 2021, 01:46 AM
Nailed it. That is all of the things he was hinting at in the video but seemed to be downplaying a little bit and seemed to be playing quite carefully.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 5 2021, 10:53 AM) *
I've had several 'synth' envelope type pedals.
None of them track that great when you start to play quickly and as the reviewer mentions, they react better or worse depending on where you play on the neck and which pickup you choose. I'll add that you need really clean technique to get the best out of them. Any stray, ringing note(s) will affect the sound. If your low E rings open a lot - the thing won't track.

The only one I kept was the original - the EH "Micro-Synth".
https://www.ehx.com/products/micro-synth/

They're all cool for adding some texture and 'weirdness' to a track.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 6 2021, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Apr 5 2021, 05:46 PM) *
Nailed it. That is all of the things he was hinting at in the video but seemed to be downplaying a little bit and seemed to be playing quite carefully.

laugh.gif Yep! All the 'sponsored' demos of guit synth pedals de-emphasize the tracking and "sonic chaos" issues.
I should do a vid that emphasizes it. These are cool pedals for sure but they are expensive and I think a lot of folks don't understand what they're getting into.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 6 2021, 04:07 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2021, 04:27 AM
You really should. Something to show how restrained one has to play to make it work. The only pedal that tracked quickly that I liked was just a harmony pedal by hotone. No fuzz, not synth, just a harmony setting. Anything more complicated seems to make things very tricky.

QUOTE (klasaine @ Apr 6 2021, 11:05 AM) *
laugh.gif Yep! All the 'sponsored' demos of guit synth pedals de-emphasize the tracking and "sonic chaos" issues.
I should do a vid that emphasizes it. These are cool pedals for sure but they are expensive and I think a lot of folks don't understand what they're getting into.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2021 - 03:39 PM