Gojira!
Owen
Jul 4 2007, 10:59 PM
GMC:er
Awesome french band, their pinch harmonics are just outta this world, literally.

http://www.gojira-music.com/

Go to Medias > Audios > Terra Incognita and listen to Space Time its just fabulous.

Their name was originally going to be Godzilla but due to legal reasons they changed it to Gojira, the japanese version of the same thing.

You gotta love a band that has a song called "Satan is a Lawyer" I mean, how cool is that? cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Don't Panic.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 4 2007, 11:13 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Owen @ Jul 4 2007, 11:59 PM) *
Awesome french band, their pinch harmonics are just outta this world, literally.

http://www.gojira-music.com/

Go to Medias > Audios > Terra Incognita and listen to Space Time its just fabulous.

Their name was originally going to be Godzilla but due to legal reasons they changed it to Gojira, the japanese version of the same thing.

You gotta love a band that has a song called "Satan is a Lawyer" I mean, how cool is that? cool.gif

That's good! Like the sound.

But Gojira wasn't trademark protected? Strange huh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jul 4 2007, 11:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
Gotta do a little commercial for my alter ego if you like pinched harmonics tongue.gif

Try "Destruction Overdrive" by Black Label Society
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRs1jS83dPo
Its only live, but you can still hear em

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Owen
Jul 4 2007, 11:23 PM
I've heard BLS before, they're overused I reckon and not as powerful as the Gojira pinches. I mean Gojira just have these huge things... BLS are still pretty impressive though.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 5 2007, 03:50 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Gojira kick ass, saw them live on March 31st, there harmonics are out of this world!!

+Quote Post
erik
Jul 8 2007, 02:11 PM
I saw them live at a festival recently! Great band
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 5 2007, 12:13 AM) *
That's good! Like the sound.

But Gojira wasn't trademark protected? Strange huh.gif

They were called Godzilla before tongue.gif but obviously had to change

This post has been edited by erik: Jul 8 2007, 02:13 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:34 PM