2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Soundtrack Collab
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2013, 05:11 PM
GMC:er
Todd here smile.gif Per suggestions from GITARRERO and COSMIN, This is going to be a "Soundtrack Collab" as it's based on a track that I"m working on for a Soundtrack! I'm going to submit the completed work with Solos to the director of the documentary for his consideration for inclusion in the final edit. Everyone will get full credit of course!! The project is from director John Mahoney and is called INSPIRATION NOW which is the title of his recent book. Here is the backing track on soundcloud.

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/soundtrack-work-inspiration

This is going to be an AUDIO COLLAB so that folks without cameras/video can still be involved. So here are the details.

DELIVERABLES
1.)Backing track with Solo
2.)Solo without backing track
3.)DUE DATE March 15, 2013.

This track is WAAAAYYY outside of what I normally write so the solo can be as bizarre as you like, or as traditional, all bets are off so go nuts smile.gif

Todd

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Feb 26 2013, 05:20 PM
Learning Roadie
That's just awesome! wink.gif
I bet there'll be some great melodies written here!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Feb 26 2013, 07:41 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Sweet!

I've finished my GMC-hiatus and am back and ready biggrin.gif

Christian

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Feb 26 2013, 09:05 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hey Todd, digging this soundtrack! smile.gif I came up with something (to my surprise) rather quick. I tried to add to the atmosphere of the soundtrack here.

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/nothingface-1

--------------------

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Feb 27 2013, 12:57 AM
Wow. This seems like quite an opportunity. Thanks for sharing it with us! I am definitely gonna try to come up with something. Probably not as quick as DeGroot though, nice job man!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2013, 02:46 AM
Thanks Jouve smile.gif Hop in and go crazy!!!

QUOTE (Jouve @ Feb 26 2013, 11:20 AM) *
That's just awesome! wink.gif
I bet there'll be some great melodies written here!

Welcome back!! smile.gif Looking forward to your take!!

QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Feb 26 2013, 01:41 PM) *
Sweet!

I've finished my GMC-hiatus and am back and ready biggrin.gif

Christian

Nice!!! That does add to the track and the overall vibe. Really well constructed and played!!

Todd

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Feb 26 2013, 03:05 PM) *
Hey Todd, digging this soundtrack! smile.gif I came up with something (to my surprise) rather quick. I tried to add to the atmosphere of the soundtrack here.

https://soundcloud.com/degroot-2/nothingface-1

Cool! Great to have ya on board!!

QUOTE (vonhotch @ Feb 26 2013, 06:57 PM) *
Wow. This seems like quite an opportunity. Thanks for sharing it with us! I am definitely gonna try to come up with something. Probably not as quick as DeGroot though, nice job man!

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Feb 27 2013, 02:15 PM
I like the sound of this, I'll see what I can come up with

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 27 2013, 09:03 PM
Cool! Can't wait to hear!!

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Feb 27 2013, 08:15 AM) *
I like the sound of this, I'll see what I can come up with

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Feb 28 2013, 02:21 PM
Thanks Todd, that was fun wink.gif

https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/todds-soundtrack

https://soundcloud.com/patrik-berg-2/todds-soundtrack-guitar-only

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 28 2013, 02:56 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
OK i give it a try too - coming soon !

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2013, 03:13 PM
Very cool take!!! Great vibe and playing smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Feb 28 2013, 08:21 AM) *

Welcome aboard!!! smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 28 2013, 08:56 AM) *
OK i give it a try too - coming soon !

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 28 2013, 03:38 PM
OK now first records :-)

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/soundtrack-collab-with-backing

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/sountrack-collab-no-backing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 28 2013, 07:47 PM
Some very cool licks!! I think I should have shared the KEY of the song now that I think about it.

The song is in

A FLAT MINOR

So A pentatonic and A Minor should work well. I think you may be playing in A so everything is a tad off key. I like the licks, it's just that they are all out of pitch a bit. I think I can try to adjust this in my DAW though. However, if you want to re record in A Flat, please feel free smile.gif Either way will work. Good job on putting together the solo!!

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Feb 28 2013, 09:38 AM) *

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 2 2013, 07:48 PM
Hello Todd and Friends here a new record rolleyes.gif

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/toddsoundtrack-with

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/toddsoundtrack-ohne

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2013, 02:47 AM
Some fine licks smile.gif Well played! However, It sounds like you are still playing in A? The backing is in G SHARP so you are one half step out of key I think.

Start with your first finger on the fourth fret and the Pentatonic scale should work from there. Don't worry about playing fast, focus on vibrato and holding notes longer. Since the backing is very electronic, go for a slow vibe maybe to balance it. I hate to have you keep re doing this. I'm sure it will be worth it!

Here is a tablature of G Sharp Pentatonic Minor for reference.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Mar 2 2013, 01:48 PM) *

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 4 2013, 08:00 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Wow this sounds like a cool little project! Hey Todd can you give us any information as what the documentary is about to perhaps inspire a fitting mood or theme for what we may come up with? Is it simply about inspiration?

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Mar 4 2013, 08:01 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 4 2013, 04:55 PM
It's a documentary about the "Making of" a book called "Inspiration Now" which is an Art Book by a pal of mine named John Mahoney. He does character design and such. If you saw the movie MIMIC you've seen his work as he designed the big walking bug smile.gif Here is a link to the facebook page for the book.

https://www.facebook.com/MahoneyInspirationNow

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Mar 4 2013, 02:00 AM) *
Wow this sounds like a cool little project! Hey Todd can you give us any information as what the documentary is about to perhaps inspire a fitting mood or theme for what we may come up with? Is it simply about inspiration?

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 4 2013, 10:06 PM
Ok now in G

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/todd-collab-g-with

https://soundcloud.com/dieterleguitar/todd-collab-g-ohne

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 5 2013, 12:14 AM
G SHARP Right? Not G?

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Mar 4 2013, 04:06 PM) *

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Mar 5 2013, 07:26 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Mar 5 2013, 12:14 AM) *
G SHARP Right? Not G?

G SHARP # hehe you are RIGHT as always !!!!!!!!!!

Todd a noter question too about v picks !

I will order in USA some and just not sure about which ones .

I am thinking about two-three kinds minimum so for Shredding - Jazzy and Neoclassical stuff in future

wich Ones you would recommend ?

Thank you in Advance rolleyes.gif Dieter

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:17 PM