People With Modellers/multi Fx, Patch and pedal board configuration
PosterBoy
Apr 19 2013, 04:54 PM
Learning Roadie
How have you configured your patches and pedal boards?

I'm trying to standardise mine and a little planning and thought is needed

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 19 2013, 07:35 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
For my patches (on HD500), I have configured the footswitch assignments to essentially the same thing so I can easily remember which footswitch to use to turn on/off each effect. For example on all my patches, I have
FSW1 = Comproessor or distortion
FSW2 = Modulation (chorus, phaser or flanger)
FSW3 = Delay
FSW4 = Reverb.

Since I use it mostly for practice and recording, I have also configured a volume pedal to be enabled on each patch with minimum volume at 40% and max at 100%. I've tried to balance the max level of each patch so that all patches are at the same overall level through the headphones. With the volume pedal this way, an easy stomp to minimum puts it at a level where I can hear the metronome (coming thru the mixer) at a nice mix with the guitar. Then when I want to jam or play along with backing tracks, I move the volume pedal to its max position for good jamming experience. smile.gif

Those are the basics of all my setups, of course there are some exceptions, like when I want to have both compressor and distortion available to a single patch (not both on at the same time, but both available from a footswitch). In those cases, I usually use a different "standard" footswitch mapping.

For amp tones (on different patches) I try to set each amp model to what that amp is most known for in terms of gain and style. This way, I have a bunch of different styles available by patch selection at the bottom row of footswitches.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Apr 20 2013, 01:02 AM
GMC:er
Not sure exactly what you mean?

I have my patches on my AxeFX arranged by application, rather than category. For example:

Patch 70 - Metal/Ambient Clean Tone
Patch 71 - Metal Rhythm 1
Patch 72 - Metal Rhythm 2 (intentionally sounds thinner and like it's coming through an old radio)
Patch 73 - Metal Lead

All of those patches would be for use with my metal band. I've got areas in my unit where all the patches are just kinda there because I made them there, or for no reason at all. That's cool, but I also have areas where they are organized like they are above. It's easier than categorizing them by Clean, Rhythm, Solo etc. because it takes forever to find things.

--------------------

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Apr 20 2013, 07:42 PM
Learning Roadie
I used categorise mine by Amp at the moment so the first 'page' on my GCP board is a Marshall 'page'

Plexi, Marsha Be, Marsha HBE, Marsha HBE Solo

But I've got quite a few amp presets I've found I don't use.

I'm thinking of giving myself a bit more variety in terms of effects so keep things going by Amp but a page per amp with different overdrive/fuzz and modulation/delay choices and a solo preset.

Only having 8 IA buttons is limiting (sounds mad to say that but it's true!)

I'll have to plan things carefully so it's workable live
I tend to put an Ambient preset page inbetween the Amp pages so I don't have to many foot taps to go between them in songs.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 04:50 PM