Jamming With The Band, Smoke on the Water
-Zion-
Nov 7 2008, 01:52 PM
Learning Roadie
Just want to share an experience with you..

Tuesdays are usually the day where i team up with my band mates and we practice our so-called "setlist".. Actually we dont have one yet, but we are getting closer.. smile.gif

So i spent all monday evening building my very own distortion pedal.. I bought one of those clone kits, and built it myself, and it worked right away.. anyways.. more on the pedal in another thread soon..

I was anxious to test out the new distortion and we were just informed that our bass player was running very late, so instead of just sitting and looking at eachother, i decided to test my new equipment.. and what better way to test it than some good ol' powerchords.. i fiddled around a bit and all of a sudden i started playing "Smoke on the Water"..

The other guitarist yelled up saying.. "WAAAAAIT!!!", and out comes this book with all the songs he has collected through the years.. "i need the lyrics, and i need a bass"..

What happened then was.. how do i describe this properly?!.. Magic, i guess.. I started out with a kind of homemade intro, going very slowly into the riff.. the drums were then added and finally the bass made it complete..

We ended up doing the whole song.. adding a whole lot of improvised soloing.. and a nice nice ending.. it was so much fun that we did the song 4 times in a row.. each time adding more sexy stuff and longer solos.. it was AWESOME..

After doing the song 4 times spending the better part of an hour, our bassplayer arrived.. We returned to our original schedule, but decided to finish our rehearsels by playing smoke 2 times..

AWESOME.. I can highly recommend this.. this song has now been added to our setlist.. smile.gif

-----

Now would be a good time to ask you guys if you have had a similar experience and if so, what song were you playing?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
berko
Nov 7 2008, 02:58 PM
GMC:er
That must have been an amazingly inspiring EVENT, i must say.

Though I haven't been in a band at that time, I joined one of my friend for a practice session. THose people there were huge Pink Floyd fans like me cool.gif , so we jammed along with Another Brick In The Wall and One of these days... That was one of the greatest events of my life.

So i know what u mean. That's what music is for, really.

i hope you'll have many of these experiences later on too smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Nov 7 2008, 03:09 PM
Instructor
You surely had a blast! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 7 2008, 03:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Seems like fun! I'd love to see some more about the pedal, building it yourself seems like fun tongue.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Nov 7 2008, 03:42 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Nov 7 2008, 03:11 PM) *
Seems like fun! I'd love to see some more about the pedal, building it yourself seems like fun tongue.gif

I have already snapped some pictures, and are planning to write a little something about it in the near future.. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Crazyfret
Nov 7 2008, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
Cool stuff.

I used to practice with a band every Sunday in a rehersal room for about 4 hrs, boy we had some fun.

Must admit there is nothing better when to whole group is tight and focused and the songs you practiced really sound good.

Keep rocking cool.gif

--------------------
"I am playing all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order." Eric Morecambe

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:45 PM