Mxr Super Comp Vs Boss Cs
agux
Sep 24 2008, 10:52 AM
GMC:er
hi guys,

i need to get a compressor pedal.......would you get the mxr supercomp or the boss cs...........
any difference but the price ??¿¿?¿ (mxr doubles the price of the boss)

any other suggestion????? what about the traditional mxr dyna comp, which is similar in price with the boss cs?¿¿??

thanks

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Sep 24 2008, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Master
I've heard that the Boss CS3 sucks a lot of tone out of your guitar, however a lot of people seem to use them professionally so it must be a matter of personal taste. I've also heard that the Boss CS-2 is a much more sort after compression pedal, no longer in production, but doesn't suck on your tone too much.

I myself have a Demeter Optical Compulator pedal, which I whole heartedly recommend. It doesn't compromise your tone at all in my opinion. I've heard that David Gilmour used this occasionally, but then again he's more widely known for using the CS-2, and the CS-3 more recently, so the boss pedals must be very good quality also.

It's a tad pricey, I bought mine off ebay and saved a bit...

I've had no experience with the MXR so couldn't help there.

One of the great things for me about the compulator is that it has an adjustable Trim Pot which sets the gain of the compressor's pre-amplifier. If distortion occurs, you can turn this down until the signal is clean. So I can adjust it depending on how hot my pick ups are, and considering I have a vintage reissue strat and a Peavey wolfgang - It helps!

smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ajmurrell: Sep 24 2008, 09:50 PM

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 24 2008, 11:20 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Do you have the ability to try out both pedals ?? I heard lots of good things about this one too : http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...edal?sku=153325

Yeah its a little pricey though , but may be worth it smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
agux
Sep 25 2008, 09:37 AM
GMC:er
Thanks............

i have not the ability of trying both pedals since i live by the country far away from any music store and need to get it through the internet store.

The black finger is very expensive for me.......same happends with the mxr spercomp......

The boss cs3 and the mxr dyna comp are in my expected expense range..........but still can´t decide........

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 25 2008, 08:44 PM
Instructor
No matter what you choose, you should be ready to make some compromises. Dynacomp is a bit noisy but better than CS3, but CS3 is less expensive and more subtle effect.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:59 PM