I Need Serious Help!
Aaron
May 20 2007, 05:23 AM
GMC:er
im looking for a guitar that hs a great sound and can last me for a year or 2
i really like the style of ibanez guitars bu everone is telling to get a strat

im confused!!!! wacko.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
DON'T BUG ME ... I'M PRACTICING

Gear: (new) fender strat , 25g frontman amp,
Wishlist: Ibanez Jem, Flying V natural.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ryan
May 20 2007, 07:07 AM
GMC:er
well first of all...any guitar can last you..it just depends on how you take care of it.......and for the ibanez thing..its all about personal preference..and how it feels to you dude....like me personally....i love ibanez..i love the neck, tone, feel, the speed they have..everything about them......and also...to be a profession guitarist...or well let me say it like..this..to be a great guitarist..you need to be able to play many different styles....you know have different tricks in you bag...so well to be able to do that..you need many different guitars..so if you get an ibanez..now..and take care of it..it will last you..longer that a year..a lot longer....and then later on get a strat...........

my 2 c.................its all peresonal prefererence..if it suits you..and feels right to you...then its the right guitar

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
“Obey the principles without being bound by them.”

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 20 2007, 10:42 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Aaron @ May 20 2007, 06:23 AM) *
im looking for a guitar that hs a great sound and can last me for a year or 2
i really like the style of ibanez guitars bu everone is telling to get a strat

im confused!!!! wacko.gif

Like Ryan says, "great sound" is rather what you think. I mostly an Ibanez and a LP, I have a cheap strat but rarely play it since I don't have the use for it. In one band I use the Ibanez and if I need a singlecoil there's one switch position for that, in the other we play rock and blues and I rather have the humbucking sound so I play my LP. The strat just doesn't fit my bag, I like how it feels thoug, quite slim neck and good playability but singlecoils... not for me.

So first figure out what you need. What's the sound you like to have, a Strat and an RG through the same amp won't even sound close.

EDIT: With "singlecoils not for me" I meant they just don't work for me. I LOVE the sound of a strat in a rock or blues tone. But when I play my Strat it's just doesn't sound good. Someday I will upgrade to a real Fender Strat with texas pu's and no cheap strat copy, I wasn't even able to intonate my Squire properly.

This post has been edited by MickeM: May 20 2007, 11:34 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:32 AM