Introduction, Michael
Michael7JT
Feb 12 2013, 09:28 AM
GMC:er
Hi my name is Michael Thompson, I just started playing again after 20 years off.( I'm 53) I had been playing for a living traveling and enjoying it, but then I started getting sick real fast. I got a rare disease called acute intermittent phorphyria, I can't be exposed to the sun it is what the movie Dracula is based on. Then I got Type 1 diabetes lost my kidneys due to kidney damage and then a kidney transplant. I'm doing better now but feel like I'm 70. wacko.gif But I'm dead set on playing again so here I am ready to get my old chops back and learn so new ones. I have joined a band already. I have been practicing about 6 months now. cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2013, 12:11 PM
Instructor
Hi Michael! Welcome to GMC! I'm sorry to hear about your sickness, but It's great to know that you are feeling good now! smile.gif
Here you will find lots of guitar friends as well as great features like mentoring programs, Vchat sessions, collaborations, Rec program and many others. Let me know if you need some help or assistance with the site or your guitar practice.

What about you band? What style are you playing? cover or original songs?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 12 2013, 12:47 PM
Hi Michael, welcome to the community, and you have my utmost respect for your enthusiasm and perseverance!

What are your main goals with guitar right now and who are your favorite guitarists?

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Feb 12 2013, 01:16 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Michael GREAT that you found the way into this Fine Community!

Cool that you found back on your way and my respect !

Keep on going , it is always worth it - to improve One Self - thats the real worth and timeless Thing to do !

+Quote Post
Michael7JT
Feb 12 2013, 08:26 PM
QUOTE (Jonas Tamas @ Feb 12 2013, 11:47 AM) *
Hi Michael, welcome to the community, and you have my utmost respect for your enthusiasm and perseverance!

What are your main goals with guitar right now and who are your favorite guitarists?

I never limited myself to one style, I like them all if done well. But my favorite bands and Musicians are Deep Purple(Richie Blackmoore), Led Zepplin(Jimmy Page), Grand Funk(Mark Farner), Herb Ellis, Mahogany Rush(Frank Marino), Brad Paisley, Bret Mason, Johny Winter on and on

I'm looking to improve speed and melodic content in my soloing, there were very few shredders when I stopped playing, I like Steve Via, Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson.

+Quote Post
Jonas Tamas
Feb 12 2013, 10:49 PM
QUOTE (Michael7JT @ Feb 12 2013, 08:26 PM) *
I never limited myself to one style, I like them all if done well. But my favorite bands and Musicians are Deep Purple(Richie Blackmoore), Led Zepplin(Jimmy Page), Grand Funk(Mark Farner), Herb Ellis, Mahogany Rush(Frank Marino), Brad Paisley, Bret Mason, Johny Winter on and on

I'm looking to improve speed and melodic content in my soloing, there were very few shredders when I stopped playing, I like Steve Via, Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson.

That's a wide range of musical genius in your list, Michael.
I'm glad you've mentioned Steve Vai and Joe Satriani. I'm sure you'll learn a lot of great stuff here at GMC.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 13 2013, 01:56 AM
Better late than never! It's never to late in the game to play guitar, or to early! I"m sorry to hear about your illness sad.gif I hope you can make an amazing recovery using the power of music smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Michael7JT @ Feb 12 2013, 03:28 AM) *
Hi my name is Michael Thompson, I just started playing again after 20 years off.( I'm 53) I had been playing for a living traveling and enjoying it, but then I started getting sick real fast. I got a rare disease called acute intermittent phorphyria, I can't be exposed to the sun it is what the movie Dracula is based on. Then I got Type 1 diabetes lost my kidneys due to kidney damage and then a kidney transplant. I'm doing better now but feel like I'm 70. wacko.gif But I'm dead set on playing again so here I am ready to get my old chops back and learn so new ones. I have joined a band already. I have been practicing about 6 months now. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 13 2013, 09:39 AM
Instructor
Hey man!

Welcome to GMC! As Jonas said, people like you deserve all the respect in the world for not letting themselves beaten down by what fate had coming! I see you like a lot of the players I like smile.gif Please let us know what we can help you with around here smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:30 AM