Feature Request In Category Lists, sort by "difficulty"
Asphyxia Feeling
Mar 15 2008, 10:42 AM
GMC:er
hey all. just wanted to shoot this out there, not sure if it's possible to do, but i'd find it convienent.

i think we can all admit GMC is getting pretty huge, and we get more updates nearly every day. it's gotten so good, i seriously doubt we'll ever "run out" of lessons to do. kudos to Kris and the rest of the staff/instructors.

when viewing lessons by "genre" (shred, metal, exercises, etc) it can sometimes be a little tedious going through all the pages worth of lessons we have in each category. currently, i think the lessons are sorted via how recent they are.

my question is:

would it be possible to sort lessons another way? like, persay, via "difficulty?" i know the difficulty rating is just a very rough idea of how hard a lesson is, but when i'm searching for random lessons to do i often look for something with a difficulty i think i can handle (example, for me, i look for stuff with difficulty 1-6). if we could hit a "sort" button while browsing lessons in their respective genres, it'd make things much easier!

i'm sure newer memebers / less experienced guitarists will find this highly useful, it would it make it very very easy for them to find lessons of easier difficulty!

what do you guys think? good idea? or unneccesary?

if it isn't possible, i'm totally cool with it, GMC has already exceeded all my expections for less then 10 bucks a month.

PS: i realize we have the sample lesson planner on the front page. i appericate / use it quite often. this is just another idea.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 15 2008, 10:46 AM
Instructor
I was thinking the same some weeks ago. For me it's a good idea. Let's see what Kris says smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Angelica
Mar 15 2008, 10:51 AM
For me it's a good idea, there are plenty of lessons, and for I check only lessons from 1 to 6 as well, that could be easier to find. Some guys have suggested me lots of lessons which are pretty interesting but I didn't find myself while making the search!
so, looking forward for news smile.gif

--------------------

It's better to please much to a few, than to please a few to many

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 15 2008, 11:21 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Sorry, maybe I understand you wrong, but just go to the video search thingie on the right of the page, when you're on the main page. Then click advanced search, there's a dropdown menu asking you on what criteria you want to seach and it's also possible to sort on difficulty.

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Mark.
Mar 15 2008, 11:27 AM
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Mar 15 2008, 11:21 AM) *
Sorry, maybe I understand you wrong, but just go to the video search thingie on the right of the page, when you're on the main page. Then click advanced search, there's a dropdown menu asking you on what criteria you want to seach and it's also possible to sort on difficulty.

+1

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 15 2008, 05:32 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I support this, but I would rather take it to completely new level of sorting - to enable to sorts lessons directly - not trough search, but when listing.

Also, I woul like to see the dificulty rating INSIDE of that lesson too:) cos sometimes, I pick them randomly and dunno how dificult it is:D (even though I can decide myself, if it is hard or not.. still I would like this..)

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:46 PM