3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Custom Guitars - What To Choose?
klasaine
Jun 11 2013, 05:11 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Amp360 @ Jun 11 2013, 06:47 AM) *
The other thing about custom made guitars is that people assume that from the player's perspective they know what they want. Sometimes it is the case and people are really happy with what they get. I have seen the opposite happen a lot of times too, where someone designs their dream guitar on paper but it doesn't end up sounding and/or playing the way they thought it would, or maybe it does and the player finds a LP and a Strat are better for what they're doing. Also, tastes can sometimes change and what is your dream guitar today may be less interesting tomorrow.

As with anything YMMV.

That's exactly what happened with me. I 'thought' I knew what I wanted - I did at the time - but a few years out I realized I preferred a different neck profile and bridge configuration.
*This was for a Fender Custom Shop axe in the late 90s. They were actually pretty cool about re-doing the neck and changing out the bridge for a reasonable charge.

These two below are both 'custom' axes. The green one with the P-90s is a Fender custom shop (all specs mine) and the Black one is a Crook G-bender Tele.
I love the Fender and use it all the time. For a custom axe it was very reasonable at the time. The Crook, honestly, I paid too much for it for the amount of use it gets ... and I can't re-coup. Cest la vie - live and learn.

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jun 12 2013, 12:32 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:54 AM