2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Selecting A Pick Shape That Fits You
Taka Perry
Sep 28 2013, 07:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
I use different thicknesses for different playing styles. If it's just chord strumming, I'd generally go for a thinner pick. That being said, my go to pick is still the Jazz III.

And I really have to get one of those Von Hotch picks, I see them all over GMC laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 28 2013, 09:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Sep 28 2013, 06:16 AM) *
I use different thicknesses for different playing styles. If it's just chord strumming, I'd generally go for a thinner pick. That being said, my go to pick is still the Jazz III.

And I really have to get one of those Von Hotch picks, I see them all over GMC laugh.gif

Aha! Good point here Taka - when I play acoustic or even funk rhythms - I tend to use a light pick - something like 0.7-0.8 for funk and 0.5 for acoustic strumming - although, when I am playing pickier stuff with the acoustic, the Von Hotch comes in handy and it works well with my fingernails - I use hybrid picking as well when I play the acoustic.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:06 AM