New Arch Enemey Is Out
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2017, 06:08 AM
GMC:er
Here is the vid for the first single. It's not bad smile.gif It didn't rip my face off quite like I was expecting and I was hoping to see a pinch more shreddery as both lead players are darn spiff players. But it's the "Single" so I'm guessing they picked the "Catchy" tune. Hope the rest of it is a bit more Evil overall. But I'm not going to be the "They were crap ever since Album XYZ" guy. Just glad they are still making music. But I dunno, what do you guys think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 17 2017, 07:29 AM
I heard it as it came out and well I agreed with you.
It's not a bad song, but it's the same product that Arch Enemy been doing, disappointing imo. This kinda remind of a water down Nemesis. Some fast rhythm section that goes toward a catchy guitar melody so people can sing along live.

Quoting some one from youtube,

"The members of Arch Enemy are all fantastic musicians. The rhythm section is as consistent as you can get, Michael Amott is a hell of a riff writer and Jeff Loomis is one of the best guitarists out there while Alissa White-Gluz is a great vocalist with a hell of a range. BUT although they have all the ingredients to be one of the most challenging, evolving melodeath bands out there, they use SO LITTLE of their potential. Jeff Loomis can add a huge progressive touch to the songwritng and Alissa can do so much more than monotonal screams.."

This 100%, the band is filled with amazing musicians. but they all seem restrain by the old Arch Enemy formulas. That being saying this is a Single so I guess the album might yet surprise us and I am looking forward for it.

But to be honest, I am one of those who preferred the Agonist Alissa's era rather than Arch Enemy's Alissa.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2017, 09:07 AM
Yeah, it was a bit of a downer, but I see where they are going with it. I really hope the album is better than the single, really do. Otherwise, it may be the start of the decline that ends with them on Frontier Records or another very small label. I think they could actually get a bigger audience by going for something a bit more technical and less sing along. Jeff Loomis brings his own audience to band, as does the new singer. However, folks expect quite a bit, as they should from this many talented folks. Sounds like the single was almost written by the record label.

If there were a bit more Jeff and a bit more Alissa, in terms of the style folks want out of them, I'd think it would helps sales. There are a LOT of very negative comments on that video even though it's already hit 1 million views plus. Maybe we will get lucky and the next vid will be a killer tune smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 17 2017, 02:29 AM) *
I heard it as it came out and well I agreed with you.
It's not a bad song, but it's the same product that Arch Enemy been doing, disappointing imo. This kinda remind of a water down Nemesis. Some fast rhythm section that goes toward a catchy guitar melody so people can sing along live.

Quoting some one from youtube,

"The members of Arch Enemy are all fantastic musicians. The rhythm section is as consistent as you can get, Michael Amott is a hell of a riff writer and Jeff Loomis is one of the best guitarists out there while Alissa White-Gluz is a great vocalist with a hell of a range. BUT although they have all the ingredients to be one of the most challenging, evolving melodeath bands out there, they use SO LITTLE of their potential. Jeff Loomis can add a huge progressive touch to the songwritng and Alissa can do so much more than monotonal screams.."

This 100%, the band is filled with amazing musicians. but they all seem restrain by the old Arch Enemy formulas. That being saying this is a Single so I guess the album might yet surprise us and I am looking forward for it.

But to be honest, I am one of those who preferred the Agonist Alissa's era rather than Arch Enemy's Alissa.

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 17 2017, 06:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
really dont like the video tbh but the song is okay, much what I expect from them. Not sure about the whispery bit - is that considered 'clean vocals'? I dont know whether to be outraged or not cool.gif
It would be great to hear them deviate from their usual formula especially now with the Loomis involved, its unlikely, but would be killer.
Very cool to hear that they are taking Jinjer on tour with them smile.gif props for that.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2017, 11:11 PM
I'm with ya. I'd love to hear something I didn't expect from them. Something unexpected and a bit over the top, maybe prog/death/melo/thrash/ish. smile.gif maybe just meaner and heavier. Hope the rest of the tracks have a pinch more bit. And more Loomis smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 17 2017, 01:43 PM) *
really dont like the video tbh but the song is okay, much what I expect from them. Not sure about the whispery bit - is that considered 'clean vocals'? I dont know whether to be outraged or not cool.gif
It would be great to hear them deviate from their usual formula especially now with the Loomis involved, its unlikely, but would be killer.
Very cool to hear that they are taking Jinjer on tour with them smile.gif props for that.

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 25 2017, 07:07 PM

Meh.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2017, 07:08 AM
Bit MEH indeed. I was honestly hoping for more and for more JEFF LOOMIS.

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Aug 25 2017, 02:07 PM) *

Meh.

Bit

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 27 2017, 12:53 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
they should get literally anyone else to direct their videos.

Nice arm tassels huh.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 28 2017, 03:48 AM
That one above just ticks all the Metal Video cliche boxes doesn't it? Shot in a rock quarry, check. Random CGI, check. Fog/Smoke machine for no reason, check. Tassles all over lead singer, check. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 27 2017, 07:53 AM) *
they should get literally anyone else to direct their videos.

Nice arm tassels huh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:11 PM