> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

22 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > »   
Timmy B's Mentoring Thread
Timmy b
Apr 29 2013, 09:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 28 2013, 08:16 AM) *
Thanks mate - I learned even more biggrin.gif I am trying to get some new stuff into my arsenal, as lately, I haven't had time to practice new stuff at all and it feels frustrating not to, you know..

Anyway, I totally agree with you in what regards the covering - that's how you learn biggrin.gif And then, BAM, onward to the next step!

Now, I'll see you on Thursday and in the mean time, post in here when you have new stuff on the track smile.gif By the way, how's that finger going?

The finger's going good. Im working on a massage/cooling therapy on the arm and hand and it seems to be going well. Still early days, but its really loosened my arm muscles so much! Feels great! Im not doing much playing on the side, so i'm only doing a little bit a day on "wheels"

See you Thurday

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 30 2013, 08:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ Apr 29 2013, 08:06 PM) *
The finger's going good. Im working on a massage/cooling therapy on the arm and hand and it seems to be going well. Still early days, but its really loosened my arm muscles so much! Feels great! Im not doing much playing on the side, so i'm only doing a little bit a day on "wheels"

See you Thurday

If it feels good on the long run, it must be good. Whatever you are doing, you are doing great with 'Wheels' so let's continue making Mr. Grohl proud!

See you on Thursday mate!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 2 2013, 11:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Mate,
Another quick preview, Got a couple of snippets for you. Im working on the lead parts, Im not entirely happy with them yet.
Still got the verse to redo and the drum sound to improve, but slowly getting there. One thing I'm kinda stuck with are the harmonic sounds in the intro and the solo section. Any ideas?? I cant seem to get that sound.

This post has been edited by Timmy b: May 2 2013, 11:48 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wheels_Prieview.mp3 ( 2.15MB ) Number of downloads: 77

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 2 2013, 12:54 PM
Instructor
Hey Tim, so far, this sounds amazing biggrin.gif Unfortunately, they make it sound huge because the recording, mixing and mastering conditions and knowledge are way better than anything us mere mortals would have laugh.gif

Let me listen to it some more, but I think the harmonics are added separately because I can't hear them in the live version, for instance:

They aren't there out of what I can distinguish... so if you nail the right notes, add them separately tongue.gif

See you tonight at the v-chat man, you're coming, aye?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 2 2013, 01:29 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Man,
Guess there is only so much one can get out of a basic setup compared to having a full studio! Plus the know how! I'll keep at it though

As for the harmonics, I was just going to add separately like you said. Just haven't found em yet.

I'll definitely make the V chat tonight. see you then

Tim

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 3 2013, 07:58 AM
Instructor
Hey man, hope you didn't mind that I praised your work last evening, but it was honest smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 4 2013, 09:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
No problem man. It was a bit weird for me though!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 4 2013, 09:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ May 4 2013, 08:07 AM) *
No problem man. It was a bit weird for me though!

Hey bro, why weird? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 4 2013, 11:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
Not sure
I guess I'm more of a quiet achiever. Im not out to get praise on the things I do. I just do what I do

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 5 2013, 01:40 PM
Instructor
I understand and will respect your wishes, mate. But, you deserved it and that's why I felt like making it public smile.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 5 2013, 10:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 5 2013, 02:40 PM) *
I understand and will respect your wishes, mate. But, you deserved it and that's why I felt like making it public smile.gif

Its no problem man! It's not that I'm against it or anything. Just a matter of getting used to. The more it happens, the less weird it will feel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 6 2013, 08:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ May 5 2013, 09:48 PM) *
Its no problem man! It's not that I'm against it or anything. Just a matter of getting used to. The more it happens, the less weird it will feel

Good to know biggrin.gif Keep up the great work amigo!

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 8 2013, 10:37 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hello Mate,

Its preview time again! I've got all the main tracks done now, along with the bass. Still not entirely happy with the Lead parts and i haven't been able to get those harmonics yet either. I'll work on it the next few days and do some tweaks here and there and we'll be all done!
Pretty happy with the way its turning out! smile.gif
See what you think.

Tim

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wheels.mp3 ( 3.88MB ) Number of downloads: 85

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 9 2013, 08:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ May 8 2013, 09:37 PM) *
Hello Mate,

Its preview time again! I've got all the main tracks done now, along with the bass. Still not entirely happy with the Lead parts and i haven't been able to get those harmonics yet either. I'll work on it the next few days and do some tweaks here and there and we'll be all done!
Pretty happy with the way its turning out! smile.gif
See what you think.

Tim

Hey man! Congrats once again biggrin.gif

I think this sounds very good and I daresay the thing that doesn't satisfy you, but you can't quite put your finger on it, is the greatness that you want to hear biggrin.gif I know, because I have the same problem - well, this is it with home recording smile.gif

If you nail the harmonics, I think this is about ready, am I right?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 9 2013, 08:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 9 2013, 09:19 AM) *
Hey man! Congrats once again biggrin.gif

I think this sounds very good and I daresay the thing that doesn't satisfy you, but you can't quite put your finger on it, is the greatness that you want to hear biggrin.gif I know, because I have the same problem - well, this is it with home recording smile.gif

If you nail the harmonics, I think this is about ready, am I right?

Cosmin

Yeah, I guess there's that drive to want it to be better and better! I'll work on getting those harmonics done and then we're ready I thinkl
Also, I still dont really have descent headphones or monitors. Can you hear anything or frequencies that may need to be cut or boosted?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 10 2013, 07:42 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Timmy b @ May 9 2013, 07:48 AM) *
Yeah, I guess there's that drive to want it to be better and better! I'll work on getting those harmonics done and then we're ready I thinkl
Also, I still dont really have descent headphones or monitors. Can you hear anything or frequencies that may need to be cut or boosted?

Hey Tim, out of what I heard, nothing sounds out of place - but I'll send the track to a friend of mine at a pro studio and we can hear a sound expert's opinion smile.gif What do you say?

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 10 2013, 12:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds like a plan!
It would be good to have an opinion like that

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 11 2013, 06:55 AM
Instructor
Alright, stay tuned then wink.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
May 13 2013, 01:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Cosmin,

So I've done the last couple things to the track. I got the harmonics done, they're not quite right but its the best I could do.
I've gotten to a point with this track where I dont really know how to make it sound better or how I want it to sound, and the more I do to it, the worse it starts to sound.
I don't have the ability and knowledge yet so I'll call it a day on this one and move on.

Tim

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Wheels___Final_Mix.mp3 ( 3.86MB ) Number of downloads: 93

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 14 2013, 11:58 AM
Instructor
Hey man - about the harmonics - honestly they sound good to me! And here's what my friend said:

For the conditions you described, it sounds good with the following observations:

- the hihats are too loud in the beginning and then a bit too quiet and maybe a bit too harsh regarding the sound.
- maybe the snare could use a little reverb

Uh oh, I just noticed - at 02:06 - there's a little issue with a forgotten snare there smile.gif I totally agree with you man and I really think you did a pro job on this one. Shall we choose another song, or would you like to try something else for a change?

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 13 14 15 16 17 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:06 PM