Jay Leno, car accident
jstcrsn
Jun 26 2016, 12:26 PM
Learning Tone Master

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 26 2016, 03:27 PM
Instructor
Jeeeeeeeeez, good job they came out of it ok.

I like Jay Leno. He has his cars not because of status but because he truly loves them.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jun 26 2016, 05:27 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 26 2016, 03:27 PM) *
I like Jay Leno. He has his cars not because of status but because he truly loves them.

And that should be the only reason smile.gif
Nice to see them get out unharmed smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 26 2016, 06:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jun 26 2016, 04:27 PM) *
And that should be the only reason smile.gif
Nice to see them get out unharmed smile.gif

Absolutely cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 30 2016, 01:29 AM
GMC:er
As many folks that own European cars can tell ya, we make cars in the U.S. that do great in a straight line smile.gif Especially when the CUDA was king. It's gotten a bit better these days thankfully smile.gif But back in the days of the drag strip muscle car, turning a corner could get you killed sad.gif The guy driving this car is a bit of a legend, and even he had trouble keeping the car off it's roof.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 26 2016, 07:26 AM) *

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 30 2016, 08:01 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 30 2016, 12:29 AM) *
As many folks that own European cars can tell ya, we make cars in the U.S. that do great in a straight line smile.gif Especially when the CUDA was king. It's gotten a bit better these days thankfully smile.gif But back in the days of the drag strip muscle car, turning a corner could get you killed sad.gif The guy driving this car is a bit of a legend, and even he had trouble keeping the car off it's roof.

That's definitely true of the old muscle cars and the Hellcats and Shelbys of today still.

But thankfully Chevy really upped their game with the Corvette from the C5 onwards so that it really is a serious contender for any European twisty road these days. I'd love to have one.

The 2005 era Mustangs could be tamed a little with aftermarket suspension like Roush etc but I think they've worked on the Stangs since then so that they're even more drive-able from the factory. As you know, the latest model comes with RHD and independent rear suspension so they're looking more to the Euro market as well.

One of the best rides (ok, the best) I had was in a 65 Pontiac GTO - epic!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 2 2016, 02:44 AM
GMC:er
Well said smile.gif The new VETTE has been redone from the ground up and is a real "Sports Car" (E.G. it can take turns at speed, just like European sports cars). I hope this trend finds it's way in to the "Muscle Car" world as well. After all, turns do happen. So it's a good idea to put a very nice suspension on a car with crazy horsepower.

I'd love to own a new vette as well smile.gif But sadly, having tried to get in and out of one, It will never happen as they are just to low to the ground for me and my wrecked vertibrae. I didn't even bother with the test drive. Just got back out and tried a Challenger. Sadly, the challenger had HORRIBLE driver visibility. I mean HORRIBLE, compared to my VW passat. So I ended up getting yet another VW passat smile.gif This one has "Sport Mode" and a tiptronic gear box. I have owned a MR2 (sports death car) and a Super Bike crotch rocket and nearly died on each one in a wreck. Now with 2 broken vertibrae, I'm more interested in crash safety and visibility and comfort. But I can still appreciate "Fast Cars" smile.gif Even though I"m done owning them.

I do hope the American car market ( quickly becoming the Chinese market as they are the largest car market on earth currently) continues to embrace European ideas and ideals on car design. Better suspension, better driver aids, more safety, etc. It would be great to see American brands being a bit more "Porsche" and a bit less "Chevy" smile.gif

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 30 2016, 03:01 AM) *
That's definitely true of the old muscle cars and the Hellcats and Shelbys of today still.

But thankfully Chevy really upped their game with the Corvette from the C5 onwards so that it really is a serious contender for any European twisty road these days. I'd love to have one.

The 2005 era Mustangs could be tamed a little with aftermarket suspension like Roush etc but I think they've worked on the Stangs since then so that they're even more drive-able from the factory. As you know, the latest model comes with RHD and independent rear suspension so they're looking more to the Euro market as well.

One of the best rides (ok, the best) I had was in a 65 Pontiac GTO - epic!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 2 2016, 02:44 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:01 PM