It Is Any Hope For Me?
Clau
Apr 13 2008, 09:56 PM
GMC:er

Good afternoon mate

I allways adored music specialy rock havy metal punk and I wanted to play an instrument I was thinking about drums but drums you cant actualy play at home considering my neighbours and I have chose to try guitar. Idont have any knowledge about music papers or signes and I want to take it slowly. I have browsed through GMC clips and I discovered that guitar its quite a complicated instrument but with the right directions and motivation it is posible. Can you give me a start-up? I mean some small exercises that will make my fingers work? The corect way to pick the strings cuz I have a fealing I dont even pick the string properly I have try-d the E string 1st string and ] can feal the sounds when I pick it, but if I try to pick 2 or 3 strings the sound gets very unpleasant. I am confused I dont know where to start I have try-id the power chords but even that dosent sound how I expected I know I dont have the special distortion on the amp but I still feal something its not right. So please tell me what exercises shall I do if there is a video clip that I missed with very basic moves please point me towards the right path. Tell with what shall I begin and by the way ] have a terible finger tips pain smile.gif

Thank you very much for reading my letter and I hope it is a solution for my problem Thank you anticipated.

Kind regards
Claudiu.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darfuria
Apr 13 2008, 10:12 PM
Clau, of course you can pick up the guitar. I truly understand that coming to a website where people are playing advanced things can be very overwhelming, but we were all at the beginning when we started, so you're in no place different to any of us.

First thing I would recommend is make sure you have a guitar tuner so that you can ensure your guitar is in tune, and learn the very basics - the names of the strings, etc. It won't take very long for you to pick that up, in fact, it seems as if you already know some of it.

When I first started learning how to play the guitar I learnt some basic finger exercises. I will go through them with you.

Take your guitar, and put your left hand (I'm assuming you're right handed) around the neck as if you were about to start playing. Place your first finger on the first fret of the low E string, and play a downstroke with your pick on that low E string. Then move your first finger over to the first fret of the A string and play a downstroke with your pick on the low A string. Move your first finger over the strings and repeat this until you get to the high E string, and then do it back down. Don't worry about doing it quickly or anything, just get used to the feel of your finger holding down the string and picking the string that you are holding down. Once you can do this comfortably, try the same method with your second finger on the second fret on each string.

It will take a little while for you to get the movement smoothly, but after a little bit of practice you will get it. Once you can do it smoothly, try playing a downstroke with your first finger on the first fret of the low E string, and then a downstroke with your second finger on the second fret of the low E string, and then across to the A string and repeat so that you're going

1 2, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2, across the strings.

Once you have picked this up I'm sure you will be able to innovate and practice with your other fingers. Just remember, with this exercise stick to one finger per fret, so your first finger belongs on the first fret, your second finger belongs on the second fret, third on the third fret and fourth on the fourth fret. Also, only pick the string that you're using, don't strum the guitar.

I hope this helps getting you started.

Your finger tips will hurt. Just take a break every 15 minutes or so. After a couple of weeks of practice the pain won't happen as much.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Want a website for you or your band? http://www.websiteformyband.com

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 13 2008, 10:15 PM
These beginner lessons will help you.

This post has been edited by Robin: Apr 13 2008, 10:16 PM

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 13 2008, 10:19 PM
Moderation Policy Director
As usual guys, please allow instructors the courtesy of a first response in their personal forums - Andrew

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Apr 15 2008, 12:43 PM
GMC Founder
Hi Clau!

Things might seem very complicated when you browse through random lessons at GMC.

The concept is however still quite simple: find a lesson which you like the sound of and seems doable to you - watch the video read the tab - and try to play it.

Do that for a couple of days and progress will come knocking on your door! smile.gif

Once again be sure to pick a lesson that is doable (otherwise it will take much longer before you notice progress) - and pick one you personally like (perhaps one that reminds of your favorite band) otherwise you will not have the motivation to practice the lesson as often as needed!

Hope this helps smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Clau
Apr 15 2008, 01:58 PM
Thank you very much guys for the advice I will start straightaway. I will not let you down smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:37 PM