Blues Story, A 30(!) Cd Compilation
blindwillie
Jun 22 2007, 04:41 PM
GMC:er
The ultimate blues collection?
I got the opportunity to listen to the first CDs of this collection, "Blues Story". Seems to be a french compilation.
What do they know about blues? Obviously a lot. Usually I dont like compilations because the songs choosen are almost always the obvious, popular, boring ones. This one differs. The compilation must have been made by true blueslovers/knowers. If they weren't extremly lucky. I won't analyze this much, just give my first impression of it. If I did I would go on forever. Check out the tracklist in the link below to understand the greatness of it.

There really are gems in there and there is not a single track that's just a filler. Every single song has it's place. There are a few tracks I personally don't like (the jazzy ones) but they fit in the big picture.
If you don't know what's coming up as the next track you will get pleasant surprises. Many artists are obvious in a compilation but they picked not so obvious songs from them. Or the other way around, interesting pick of artist for a famous song. Like "Chuck Berry - You never can tell", "John Mayall & Eric Clapton - All Your Love.mp3" or "Dr. Feelgood - Dust My Broom". Excellent. They even found Rick Derringer (\o/), Dave Lindley (\o/), Small Faces, Rod Stewart (!), Manfred Mann, Jimmy Page (\o/), Willy DeVille, Status Quo and such unexpected ones. Ofc there are the standard songs too, there are some that can't be avoided, they have to be in any compilation. Those songs are the classic ones that you don't mind listen to over and over anyway.

To answer the starting question:
Oh no, no way! This is not the ultimate blues collection. Simply because there is no such thing. The ultimate would be to have 'em all.

This is written after listening only to the first few CDs at a friend. Couldn't be rude and spend 48 hours or something nonstop listening at his place wink.gif If you ever stumble upon this gem at a descent price. Buy it! I don't know if the offer in the link provided is still valid or if one dare to order from them (esp. without understandig a single word) But the original price is simply not within reach. As much as I want this monster of a collection, I'd rather get myself another guitar and play me a poor mans blues myself.

Only descent link I found was this one Blues Story. Check the tracklist at the end of the page. The link isn't working all that good in Firefox (no pictures)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 22 2007, 04:43 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Man this sounds interesting, ill definetly check it out.

Also, you might like the Robert Johnson collection, great stuff, and for only like $30.00!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Jun 22 2007, 04:45 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 22 2007, 05:43 PM) *
Man this sounds interesting, ill definetly check it out.

Also, you might like the Robert Johnson collection, great stuff, and for only like $30.00!!!!

Fastest reply ever? biggrin.gif
Mmmm, the Robert Johnson collection...
Yes.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 22 2007, 04:46 PM
yeah im quick to the draw smile.gif

But the R. Johnson collection is awesome...

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 22 2007, 04:50 PM
GIMME!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 22 2007, 04:54 PM
Who wouldn't want it anyway?

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 22 2007, 04:56 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 22 2007, 03:54 PM) *
Who wouldn't want it anyway?

Probably like 95% of the people on earth. Most people nowdays are retarded.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 23 2007, 04:43 PM
Wait a second....damnit your right...

Well what non-retarded person wouldnt want it eh?

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 23 2007, 05:39 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jun 23 2007, 03:43 PM) *
Wait a second....damnit your right...

Well what non-retarded person wouldnt want it eh?

None I guess smile.gif

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jun 24 2007, 12:29 AM
Exactly!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:21 PM