Do I Have Bad Luck Or What
ClifordACDC
Sep 5 2007, 08:33 AM
GMC:er
ok so when i first started playing guitar i got an epiphone sg special starter set. after about a month the amp that came with it blew. so i go too a music shop with my uncle and he pretty much buys my new amp for himself so he plug a mic into it (even worse he cant sing.)its a 100w mg series marshall which is way bigger than i need and it dosnt even sound good. so then about two months ago my new amp stops switching chanels so i bring it in to get repaired. after a waiting a long time we called the place and find out they had it listed under the wrong name and phone number. it takes me 2 weeks to be able to go there and get it, and after i get it back im missing my cable and my mom dosnt want to drive me back to the shop which is like a 40 minute drive to buy a new one. so after going thorough all of this i still dont ge to use my amp. sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: Sep 5 2007, 08:35 AM

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 5 2007, 08:38 AM
sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 5 2007, 08:41 AM
yeah i know tell me about it. it makes me want to cry. (not really but almost)

--------------------

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 5 2007, 08:55 AM
Ouch, that really sucks. If you can't get your amp back for a while, or a cable or some other unforeseen issue, you should invest in a PODxt or Pocket Pod, they can serve as amps (with headphones), as well as a few other things. They can be quite pricey though.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 5 2007, 08:58 AM
if there pricey then i definetly cant get one cause my familys also a bit tight on money at the moment. hopefully that changes soon and thanks for the suggestion.

This post has been edited by ClifordACDC: Sep 5 2007, 09:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ayen
Sep 5 2007, 09:05 AM
I understand, I practically had to go through hell to get one. Any time.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
RobM
Sep 5 2007, 09:38 AM
It Could be Worse,

You could not have an amp at all to use, live 40 miles out in the forrest and the only time to get to go into town is when the monthly wagon goes there. When you finally get to go you come down with the measles and are sick as a dog and miss the trip, then when you are ready to go again, the wagon breaks down for 4 months waiting on a new wheel. You finally get in to town 4 months later and find that the only music store in town has closed and moved to the next closest town 100 miles away over the mountain and it's getting real close to winter, you decide to chance it and go with the wagon to the next closest town because you really need that amp and get stranded on top of the mountain by 35 feet of snow(worst storm in 500 years)(bet you could see that coming?), you get snowed in and then have to resort to canabilism to survive, you chip your tooth on a leg bone of the pretty blonde(shame she died but hey, someone had to smile.gif) and get an awful toothache that forces you to stop eating (the blonde was a thin girl anyway), when the rescue finally arrives 2 months later they tell you the music store has burned down and the owner decided to call it a day and moved to the west coast.

It could be worse smile.gif

This post has been edited by RobM: Sep 5 2007, 09:40 AM

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 5 2007, 09:42 AM
um... wow. i think thats the funniest thing i have read in a while. i guess it could be worse lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 5 2007, 03:17 PM
play guitar anyways. I sometimes play guitar w/o plugging it in.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 5 2007, 06:20 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Given the less then wonderful service form the shop maybe they should mail you a new cable wink.gif .

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 6 2007, 06:31 AM
im missing my cable that goes from my guitar to my amp. and i had it the day before i went and got my amp but when i got home it was gone

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 7 2007, 06:13 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Im Manly and everything, but if this happened to me i would cry...

Then eat glass and nails to restore my manliness!

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 7 2007, 06:30 AM
d00d. that is seriously lame. my advice, ASAP try and get rid of that amp. sell it or something MGs are kinda BS. just get a cheap small modeling amp or something from roland/vox/line6. they range from 100-200 dollars for like 15w. it'll serve you well for a good while.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 8 2007, 12:41 PM
dont worry uncreator you wont have to do that just cry when no ones around or bottle it up inside that always makes things better lol. i agree with you asphiyxia i cant stand my amp mainly the distortion. how much do you think i would get for a 100w dfx one if i sold it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Sep 8 2007, 06:05 PM
I'm a man, I wouldnt cry, I'd bottle it up and become a raging alcoholic twenty years down the line. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Sep 8 2007, 06:05 PM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 9 2007, 10:53 PM
i beleive ive already said to do that lol. bottleing things up always makes things better! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Sep 10 2007, 03:33 AM
swallow that emotion- Hank Hill

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Sep 13 2007, 10:41 AM
Yup and when it starts to come back just grab a botlle ov vodka lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Sep 13 2007, 12:48 PM
well, i couldn't find the amp at all on ebay but the competitive street price is 470$; so... you could probably sell it for 250-400ish. it depends on who you can find. do you have any friends who play guitar? maybe you can sucker them into buying it, hahahaha.

anyway, even if you sold it for as low as 250 dollars, that'd be enough to get a 30w VOX VALVETRONIX / ROLAND CUBE / LINE6 SPIDER amp, all of which have awesome sounding distortion. you can hear clips of each on their respective websites. i really like the way Vox's new Valvetronix-XL series sounds. they're modeling amps with a power tube that have lots of hi-gain tones.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 AM