Rant
enlo22
Apr 8 2013, 08:02 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
so the last week and a half guitar playing hasn't been the same. i don't know why but it seems like i can't learn anything now. One day i'll be able to play something great, then the next day wake up and not be able to play it half the speed. this just gets super frustrating and i know practicing makes it better but now it seems like playing guitar is making me more angry than actually happy. it's annoying because i don't wanna settle and say " oh ok i can't play this, or won't be able to play this" because my the way my personality is that just makes me more annoyed, so in other words idk what to do because this seems to be bothering me a lot lately and ahhh i'm stuck i guess.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 9)
mroberts70
Apr 8 2013, 08:32 PM
GMC:er
I do the same thing man...that's when I realize I need to back off an take a break. Usually I come back refreshed and pick up something new.

As soon as it gets frustrating, that means its time to back off and give yourself a break....or at least it does for me.

I find something else to do like any other hobby or projects that you've been meaning to do....like apparently painting for me.... anyhow, if I'm just frustrated but too burned out I'll work on a different aspect of guitar like maybe research some new patches or settings for my effects, or look at a new technique I'm interested in via YouTube.

I feel ya man.... Good luck.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
gregc1
Apr 8 2013, 08:59 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Drop the difficulty down and bit and find a lesson or something that you like in whatever style you like that's easy to learn and sounds good to play. Give yourself some easy success and forget about what you're trying to get better at for a little while.

You'll come back refreshed and ready to dig into some tougher stuff. I do this all the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Apr 8 2013, 09:22 PM
I'm glad you said that... because the same happens to me..and as always...I thinks its just me. I like the advice that Greg and Mark have given..Particularly what Greg said about choosing something easier for a change..I have always been the same..constantly trying something that not quite in my reach...then stepping back a bit....I get annoyed with myself too.
Good luck.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2013, 10:25 PM
Don't beat yourself up mate. Your relationship with your guitar has some things in common with the other relationships in your life. E.G. Ups and Downs, Ebs and Flows. Don't worry, you're not broken and this isn't permanent. smile.gif Lulls are natural. The important thing is to go where your playing takes you instead of forcing your playing where you want it to be.

Listen to your hand. What does it feel like doing? Let it do just that smile.gif Follow your instincts and if you are not tuned in to them now is a good time to start.

So don't sweat it, this is just part of the process smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (enlo22 @ Apr 8 2013, 03:02 PM) *
so the last week and a half guitar playing hasn't been the same. i don't know why but it seems like i can't learn anything now. One day i'll be able to play something great, then the next day wake up and not be able to play it half the speed. this just gets super frustrating and i know practicing makes it better but now it seems like playing guitar is making me more angry than actually happy. it's annoying because i don't wanna settle and say " oh ok i can't play this, or won't be able to play this" because my the way my personality is that just makes me more annoyed, so in other words idk what to do because this seems to be bothering me a lot lately and ahhh i'm stuck i guess.

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Apr 8 2013, 11:09 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
We've all been there man.

Like a previous post says. Try some easier stuff that you know you'll get. It'll bring you right back to where you were!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2013, 02:10 AM
Instructor
Remember why you first started to play guitar and try to concentrate on enjoying doing music. If you don't enjoy this, it doesn't make sense. Don't think too much, as Todd said, be natural to your instincts and to the things that make you happy. smile.gif

Also check this conference by Dave Grohl!

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48403

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2013, 08:33 AM
Instructor
Todd and the guys are right smile.gif I think that each day brings something new and different into our lives but we struggle to stick to what we know because that's how things are going and that's how us humans are rolling, right? smile.gif

Why not instead follow Todd's advice and let your playing tell you what it wants for that day smile.gif It's like going to the restaurant and eating a different dish every now and then. Maybe today is not a good day for alternate picking but you will bend the hell of your strings - try this perspective and tell us how it feels.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Apr 9 2013, 08:48 AM
I just say "take - a - break".
Listen to music ... or don't listen to music for a week.
The muse comes when she wants ... and you definitely can't beat her over the head.

If you must play(?), learn a song in a style that you've never tried before. Buy a mandolin or a banjo ... or a ukelele.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Apr 9 2013, 08:50 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 9 2013, 05:12 PM
Instructor
Here's something that mad me happy today smile.gif Maybe it'll motivate you as well wink.gif The sound isn't that great but I'll try to do something about it in the future... Grrr I was hoping this would come out clearer in what regards the sound!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:56 PM