Imbalanced Strings Ibz B-band Ust, E-String too loud when recording
Nighthawk1
Nov 29 2015, 08:50 PM
GMC:er
Attached File  Projekt_1.mp3 ( 613.18K ) Number of downloads: 359
Hello there GMC;

recently I have put new Strings on my Ibanez EW20WNE-NT Acoustic Guitar. Since then, I encounter the problem, that the strings sound imbalanced when recording line-in via the IBZ B-Band UST with SRT-Preamp. The low E-String sounds way too loud than the other strings and base strings. Do you know what the problem could be or do you have some experience with it? Battery etc. is brand new. Please check out litte recording to see what I mean....

Thank you

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nighthawk1: Nov 29 2015, 09:30 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 29 2015, 09:07 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Nighthawk,

I probably won't be able to help but there is no file for us to listen to wink.gif

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Nov 29 2015, 09:31 PM
Thanks, now there is rolleyes.gif

quote name='Phil66' date='Nov 29 2015, 09:07 PM' post='723336']
Hello Nighthawk,

I probably won't be able to help but there is no file for us to listen to wink.gif

Cheers
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 29 2015, 09:48 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
No worries,

Wow, I can hear that. I can't help you but someone will be along soon I guess smile.gif

Cheers and nice to meet you.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Nov 30 2015, 02:55 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Nov 29 2015, 08:50 PM) *
Attached File  Projekt_1.mp3 ( 613.18K ) Number of downloads: 359
Hello there GMC;

recently I have put new Strings on my Ibanez EW20WNE-NT Acoustic Guitar. Since then, I encounter the problem, that the strings sound imbalanced when recording line-in via the IBZ B-Band UST with SRT-Preamp. The low E-String sounds way too loud than the other strings and base strings. Do you know what the problem could be or do you have some experience with it? Battery etc. is brand new. Please check out litte recording to see what I mean....

Thank you

Hey Dude, I'll try my best to help you out here, but it's not as easy as if I had the guitar to look at!
My first question would be How's the String action set on the guitar? If your bridge plate is too high then you lose quite a lot of treble through it before the Piezo gets the signal. The same goes for the nut.
Also, small adjustments on the EQ can have quite a large effect on the output so wind the Bass back a bit too!
They can definitely sound balanced as here:-

biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Nov 30 2015, 03:07 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Nov 29 2015, 12:50 PM) *
recently I have put new Strings on my Ibanez EW20WNE-NT Acoustic Guitar. Since then, I encounter the problem, that the strings sound imbalanced ...

Has the problem only started since you put on the new strings?
Had you tried recording before the string change? If so, were the strings balanced?

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Nov 30 2015, 05:41 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Nov 30 2015, 03:07 PM) *
Has the problem only started since you put on the new strings?
Had you tried recording before the string change? If so, were the strings balanced?

I think so, but unfortunately i am not entirely sure... sad.gif Never recorded much with that Guitar before

This post has been edited by Nighthawk1: Nov 30 2015, 05:43 PM

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Nov 30 2015, 07:21 PM
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Nov 30 2015, 02:55 PM) *
Hey Dude, I'll try my best to help you out here, but it's not as easy as if I had the guitar to look at!
My first question would be How's the String action set on the guitar? If your bridge plate is too high then you lose quite a lot of treble through it before the Piezo gets the signal. The same goes for the nut.
Also, small adjustments on the EQ can have quite a large effect on the output so wind the Bass back a bit too!
They can definitely sound balanced as here:-

biggrin.gif

Hi Thanks for your help. I know that's not easy indeed. String action ist quite normal I guess, about 3mm on the first frets about 4-5 five mm on the 12th fret. The problem only refers to the low-E string. Treble and base of the 5 to 1 strings are just fine. I tried all the EQ settings, the E-Strings gets quieter of cause but the relation stays the same, it's too loud and too much base than the others strings. I think there must be something wrong with the Ibz-B-Band ust.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 1 2015, 03:21 AM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Nov 30 2015, 09:41 AM) *
I think so, but unfortunately i am not entirely sure... sad.gif Never recorded much with that Guitar before

Maybe it's just the strings.
What are you using?
Maybe put on a standard set of Martin Marquis, 12 - 54

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 1 2015, 01:20 PM
Learning Tone Master
just to make life more complicated. You might have trained yourself to play that string louder. If it is your technique , the other fixes might not help .

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Dec 1 2015, 09:18 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 1 2015, 03:21 AM) *
Maybe it's just the strings.
What are you using?
Maybe put on a standard set of Martin Marquis, 12 - 54

I doubt it because it is the same set of strings I always use on the guitar D'Addario EJ15 10 -47.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 1 2015, 01:20 PM) *
just to make life more complicated. You might have trained yourself to play that string louder. If it is your technique , the other fixes might not help .

I don't have the problem if I record the same piece with a different guitar.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Dec 2 2015, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (Nighthawk1 @ Dec 1 2015, 01:18 PM) *
I doubt it because it is the same set of strings I always use on the guitar D'Addario EJ15 10 -47.

Maybe it's just that particular set of strings you put on. Maybe one 'bad' string - ? It's not that uncommon to get a bad string or even a bad set.
You said in the original post that all this started happening 'after you changed strings'.
The simplest test is to switch out the offending string (or strings) with a new one. That's the first thing a luthier would try.

*I use a B-band system on my steel string as well. No balance issues.

This post has been edited by klasaine: Dec 2 2015, 02:44 AM

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Dec 2 2015, 04:50 PM
QUOTE (klasaine @ Dec 2 2015, 02:40 AM) *
Maybe it's just that particular set of strings you put on. Maybe one 'bad' string - ? It's not that uncommon to get a bad string or even a bad set.
You said in the original post that all this started happening 'after you changed strings'.
The simplest test is to switch out the offending string (or strings) with a new one. That's the first thing a luthier would try.

+1.

If after swapping the problem continues you could try using a slightly thinner gauge string for your low E.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 4 2015, 01:16 AM
+2 smile.gif Try a different gauge string and let us know wink.gif

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Dec 2 2015, 11:50 AM) *
+1.

If after swapping the problem continues you could try using a slightly thinner gauge string for your low E.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:53 AM