2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Looking For A New Guitar
Chris-triff
Jul 5 2008, 08:24 PM
GMC:er
hello there

since i began playing guitar ive been playing a squier stratocaster and i guess its a bad guitar so for a long time ive been thinking about buying a new one, so here are those guitars i like the most in my budget (1000-1500):

gibson les paul studio
gibson les paul bfg
ibanez rg prestige
maybe some others too but dunno names

so the problem is that i havent tried any one of these (just seen them at internet stores)
and maybe its a problem if i havent tried it before buying it
so i dont know if i should buy a new guitar now whidout triying it
so please give some advise or opinions about it

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris-triff: Jul 9 2008, 02:23 AM

--------------------
Music, Music is life man.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 5 2008, 08:26 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Well what style do you play?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Chris-triff
Jul 5 2008, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jul 5 2008, 12:26 PM) *
Well what style do you play?

many, most metal and rock, some sred, some pop and ballads

i thing am going to begin studing progressive metal with a new guitar

This post has been edited by Chris-triff: Jul 5 2008, 08:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 5 2008, 08:30 PM
Do not buy a guitar without trying it! blink.gif ohmy.gif

Ever! dry.gif

According to your preferences an Ibanez would do the job nicely. smile.gif

((But, please: try before you buy))

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Chris-triff
Jul 5 2008, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (jacmoe @ Jul 5 2008, 12:30 PM) *
Do not buy a guitar without trying it! blink.gif ohmy.gif

Ever! dry.gif

According to your preferences an Ibanez would do the job nicely. smile.gif

((But, please: try before you buy))

that was exactly what i thought

This post has been edited by Chris-triff: Jul 5 2008, 08:33 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jul 5 2008, 08:34 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
I would go for the ibanez but if you think theres a chance you might switch styles you might be better to go for the gibson because its more versatile.

+Quote Post
Chris-triff
Jul 5 2008, 08:41 PM
i like the gibson the most
i have tried a studio once but i dont had money at that time
and if i buy one on internet it might be diferent is that right

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 5 2008, 11:44 PM
Instructor
LP Studio gets my vote, although you should definitely try all of them to see how they fit you.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jul 5 2008, 11:51 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
if you are into metal, shred and rock, id' say: go for ibanez. with the single coil pickup (in middle), this makes it a pretty versatile guitar. but this is just my humble opinion wink.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 5 2008, 11:51 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I'd get the Les Paul.

- It doesn't need a lot of maintenance. (Like no hazzle with floating tremolo. Just plug n play)
- A vintage Les Paul will be worth something 30 years from now. Could last you a life time!
- Les Paul spells R-O-C-K-N-R-O-L-L

Les Paul all the way! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Jul 5 2008, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post
superize
Jul 5 2008, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I feel like i am in the same situation as you. i am thinking of getting either a Gibson/Epiphone or an Ibanez but we will see if a buy a new guitar or a new amp.

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 6 2008, 01:45 AM
Versatility: Ibanez.

+Quote Post
kodiak
Jul 6 2008, 07:15 AM
I would say Ibanez, but It mostly depends on your preference. The most important thing is that the guitar feels good to YOU. Heck, if a $200 guitar in the shop feels better than a $1000 guitar, then get it. And if one sounds better but another feels better, get the one that feels better. Playability > Tone...simply because tone is tweakable and mostly comes from your amp.

Good luck, try before you buy biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by kodiak: Jul 6 2008, 07:16 AM

+Quote Post
I WILL rock you
Jul 6 2008, 12:04 PM
QUOTE (Chris-triff @ Jul 5 2008, 09:24 PM) *
hello there

since i began playing guitar ive been playing a squier stratocaster and i guess its a bad guitar so for a long time ive been thinking about buying a new one, so here are those guitars i like the most in my budget (1000-1500):

gibson les paul studio
gibson les paul bfg
ibanez rg prestige rg1570
maybe some others too but dunno names

so the problem is that i havent tried any one of these (just seen them at internet stores)
and maybe its a problem if i havent tried it before buying it
so i dont know if i should buy a new guitar now whidout triying it
so please give some advise or opinions about it

Hi you,

I got an Gibson Les paul studio and its totally amazing i love it above eveything, so my advise to you is: want a new guitar try a Gibson lp studio before you make up your mind ! wink.gif

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 6 2008, 01:28 PM
Yes, try both.

But, if you would like to pay for the guitar, rather than for the brand, consider the Ibanez.
A Prestige does have a good resell value, also compared to the Gibson. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Chris-triff
Jul 6 2008, 08:17 PM
the problem is that if i want to try anyone o these guitars i must take a trip to some more advansed country
last week i took a trip to capital city here in ecuador and the best guitar i found was an ibanez rg archtop prestige
i liked it but the model wasnt what i like the most it was not the normal ibanez rg body, and the guitar was used so...
and the other guitars i found there were just cheap ltd's and jackson's and a lot of ghost brands or fake guitars for under 200 dollars

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 6 2008, 08:28 PM
I forgot your location.. wink.gif

Don't worry.
You can be pretty sure that you get a quality guitar, be it a Gibson Les Paul or an Ibanez Prestige. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jul 6 2008, 08:33 PM
I agree with moe. If any difficulties, they can be fixed by the local guitarshop.
Honestly though, I think you're looking for an Ibanez from your describ.
Make sure you don't buy a guitar with only one pickup though, that's NOT versatile.

+Quote Post
Chris-triff
Jul 7 2008, 08:59 PM
ok here i am again
the guitar i tried in capital city here as i told you is an ibanez RGA321F blue and i can get it for about 1300 dollars
i have tried id and i liked it very much (the feeling, the sound and the playability) but the model is not my favorite
i like les paul model much better
i could buy this guitar and get it sent to me so wht do you think

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jul 7 2008, 09:22 PM
Yes, a Gibson is iconically awesome!
I never cared for the looks of an Ibanez.

Until I got one! laugh.gif
Now I almost think it's a beauty!

Seriously.
If you love the guitar: playability, feel and sound.
What else is there? biggrin.gif

I would grab that guitar, right now, right here.
If that Ibanez was begging you to play, play! wink.gif

And get a Gibson later on when I have enough money to spend.

And a Strat..

And a Paul Reed..

tongue.gif

Whatever you choose, remember:

The most important thing is that you love the feel, playability and sound.

That's what matters. smile.gif

If you like that particular model, because it's more rounded than the RG, but want a tremolo as well, be sure to check out S2170 as well!
Or maybe the SA and SV models?

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:07 AM