Back Online & Funk Bands
Lester
Mar 18 2011, 09:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi GMC,

I;m finally back online after, say, three weeks? what's been going on?
There was trouble with my new internetprovider so I was off here for a while, hate it when that happens! mad.gif

Anyway, I was looking for some modern funk bands with songs that me and my band could cover , Right now we're covering some stevie wonder, maroon 5 and John Mayer even, and probably "the haggis horns" and the bamboos in the future.

I'm not so fond of the old school stuff, I'm looking for something in between pure funk, pop and soul probably, anyone any suggestions? smile.gif

Cheers!
Lester

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stratman79
Mar 19 2011, 10:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
could check out my old band biggrin.gif www.myspace.com/bigdaddymoochin

erm... how about Sharon Jones and the Dapkings, or anything from the Daptone stable, Poets of Rhythm esp there early album Practice what you preach.

Other bands worth a mention are the new mastersounds & Speedometer.

Kings go forth are currently out and about on scene and you may dig that... other than that Sharon Davies did a killer track with the Soul Destroyers abut 10 years back and all the stuff that came out from the Finland label Timmion is awsome...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 19 2011, 11:13 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Check out Jamiroquai! They have some great funky tracks! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Mar 20 2011, 03:06 PM
Instructor
jamiroquai is good, the chili peppers too but if you wanna get the real deal check, george clinton, rich james, the funkadelics, p-funk and bootsy collins.

i LOVE funk.

and one of my favorite songs from all time:

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Lester
Mar 20 2011, 11:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks a lot guys, I'll give them a look....jamiroquai is on the list for sure! smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:44 PM