M13 Stompbox Modeler
Twibeard
Sep 16 2009, 11:11 PM
GMC:er
Did anyone try out the Line6 M13 Stompbox Modeler??

If anyone did, could he/she share the "feel" please ...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Sep 16 2009, 11:38 PM
mostly digital effects, however these are top notch sounding..this has been one of my dream pedals for a long time...one of these days ill get it!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 17 2009, 04:11 AM
Instructor
I've been reading about this in forums and I found two theories.. the first one says that it is the same than Pod X3 but without the amp modelers. The second one says that it has the same effects than the alone stompbox line 6 modelers.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 17 2009, 04:17 AM
The limitation with this is likely the same as some (all?) other line-6 concepts: one dynamic, one filter, one mod, one delay, one reverb. You can make some interesting fun discoveries/mistakes/misuses of the devices, but not quite in as free a sense as you could with real pedals and a healthy supply of patch cables.

So, the upshot is they're preventing some "newbie" effect chain mistakes and saving the cost of rare pedals. The down side is that there could still be some innovation that's prohibited by their view of how the chain "should" work.

Actual effects quality, if it's all the same math & programming as other line-6 models, are exactly as Marc says: top notch. Really high quality engineering.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Sep 17 2009, 12:20 PM
Instructor
What effects of it do you want to use? If you simply want a tubescreamer and ,for example, a delay, I would suggest you just buy those 2 pedals. But if you need many effects then this is a good choice.

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:04 PM