> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Take 2: Minor vs Major - Beginner, Lesson By Muris Varajic
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

sumitguitargmc1
Jul 3 2015, 05:44 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Minor vs Major - Beginner by Muris Varajic

Thanks all instructors for providing detailed guidance onmy first take. I am learning vibrato technique and have used it only to minimal effect. this is my second take and once i get better at vibrato and bending i plan to record again. please provide feedback and point to my mistakes. On another note how much should i practice this tune so that it becomes permanent in my finger memory ? forever grateful, sumit

Links to previous attempts at this lesson:
http://guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?showtopic=54572

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 6 2015, 01:18 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, great to see you working hard!

I've checked the previous take and I can say that there are little improvements on this one. Your phrasing is a bit smoother during the whole tune and your timing is also a bit better. However, you still need to work on the things that I suggested and the lessons and exercises that I shared in order to adjust the different elements that need improvements: Vibrato, Bending, Alternate Picking.

Check out the bend at 00:17, you are not reaching the right pitch, and your fingers don't look comfortable. This shows that you need to work on this technique and the best way is using that youtube video exercise that I've shared.

Your vibrato isn't there yet, work on this technique.

Your alternate picking is the technique that shows more progress but you still need to make your picking more consistent and adjust the synd between both hands.

Please review the lessons that I've suggested working on the previous take and keep on the hard work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 6 2015, 07:18 PM
Instructor
Hi man. I noticed that you've used a smoother tone with less gain. This is good because it suits the mood a little bit better and you can control your muting easier with less distortion.

As Gabriel has pointed out, your areas of work need to be

Vibrato - obviously you are new to this technique so we cannot expect miracles at this stage - this will take time to develop. Just try to focus a little on this technique every time you practise.

Timing - your timing is mostly good but towards the end you lose your focus and tend to rush those picking passages. So this needs to be tightened up.

Bending - Overall I think you're quite good with bending but you will need to keep at it with the same dedication that you apply to those other areas so that it gets better alongside the other techniques. When you start getting better at vibrato you'll also be able to add vibrato to your bends which will make them sound loads better, I promise!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 7 2015, 08:07 AM
Instructor
Same as Gabriel I have played your previous take tocompare both. Your work wasn't wasted - we can hear an improvement. Whole thing sound more "pitch correct" and with slightly better timming. Yet there are still spots to fix the pitch like that bend around 0:17. At this particular spot I think You did reach the correct pitch, but you did it too late (at the very end of the note) so there is a feeling like it a bit out of tune at the moment when we expect it to reach the pitch. Also look at the original lesson - Muris does a vibrato on that bend, while you keep it straight after you reach the pitch.

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 7 2015, 12:06 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.3

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:41 PM