Strings For An Ovation
Mike Seddon
Apr 11 2007, 09:28 PM
GMC:er
All.

I have a lovely Ovation Custom Legend. The strings need replacing and as I have only recently joined this forum I thought I would ask for some opinion of the strings to buy.

I generally use my Ovation for chords and picking. Obviously it is not designed for speed.

I'm looking for strings that can give great depth and tone to the their sound.

I thought about some Martins?

Anyone got an Ovation who can suggest some strings they like?

Thanks

Mike

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
fatstrat
Apr 11 2007, 11:46 PM
GMC:er
I have a Taylor that I normally put cheap strings (7 bucks) on, but when I go to perform, I generally put more expensive strings on there, such as Elixir. The brand is more expensive (20 bucks), but hear them one time and I promise you'll never go back.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:

Guitars: Guild D-55, Taylor 110-E, 1992 Epiphone Sheraton II (JB neck and '59 bridge), PRS SE singlecut (SD Alnico II neck and Gibby Bustbucker Pro bridge)

Amps: Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25

Effects: Boss DD-7, BD-2, and Dunlop CryBaby
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 08:24 PM