Bad Translations...
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2012, 04:07 PM
Instructor
I know, more rubbish from Yahoo News but I just had to share this with you all. Some seriously bad translations of film titles, for when the films are shown in foreign countries !

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/silly-foreign-m...anslations.html

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Jun 13 2012, 04:11 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 13 2012, 03:07 PM) *
I know, more rubbish from Yahoo News but I just had to share this with you all. Some seriously bad translations of film titles, for when the films are shown in foreign countries !

Lolled at
Grease --> Vaseline
Lost in Translation --> Meetings and Failures in Meetings
Army of Darkness --> Captain Supermarket (WTF tongue.gif )

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Jun 13 2012, 04:11 PM) *
Lolled at
Grease --> Vaseline
Lost in Translation --> Meetings and Failures in Meetings
Army of Darkness --> Captain Supermarket (WTF tongue.gif )

I know ! Crazy or what ???

But Mr Cat Poop ?? Really ?? laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Dinaga
Jun 13 2012, 04:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 13 2012, 03:19 PM) *
But Mr Cat Poop ?? Really ?? laugh.gif

I lost it on the mr. Cat Poop and his relaxed face laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 13 2012, 04:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dinaga @ Jun 13 2012, 04:22 PM) *
I lost it on the mr. Cat Poop and his relaxed face laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Yeah, I was laughing for ages too !! It's a good film as well - Jack Nicholson is awesome in it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 13 2012, 06:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Ha, I always thought the german title for Die Hard was pretty bad. Wouldn't have expected it on this lost though.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 13 2012, 06:24 PM
Instructor
hahahah yeah.... Argentina is named in the article! I can't understand why this happens... the same happened when the music albums tittles were also translated... sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jun 13 2012, 06:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jun 13 2012, 03:07 PM) *

Funny! I like the translation better! I would be curious to see movie called Vaseline with John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John LOL

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 14 2012, 08:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Jun 13 2012, 06:09 PM) *
Ha, I always thought the german title for Die Hard was pretty bad. Wouldn't have expected it on this lost though.

Yeah, Die Slowly doesn't really promise the same level of action does it ? laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:14 PM