Everyones Getting Something On X-mas!, Addictive Drums
maharzan
Dec 27 2009, 05:05 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Looks like everyone has earned something on X-mas as gifts. I am so jealous. I couldn't stop posting mine.. haha.

I don't celebrate X-mas and no one really gives gifts of that nature around here. So, I bought myself a gift yesterday. wink.gif

Anyway, I am increasingly becoming interested in making my own music (though have tried earlier). I want to make instrumental rock album (or at least a song to start with) in 2010 and beyond. I am practicing heavily and doing MTP really hard. So, I thought I would just get one of my favorite drum software - ADDICTIVE DRUMS. I have been testing for quite sometime and loved the simplicity and easiness of this (though I have tried several others like BFD2 and ezdrummer). I felt this is not heavy on computers and sounds are awesome as well so more comfortable.

I am not a drummer but can't wait to start testing things out and start improvising some licks over it....

Pretty cool. wink.gif

Cheers all!!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 27 2009, 05:34 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
I just tried demo / lite versions. biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Dec 27 2009, 05:48 AM
Instructor
Great choice man. I have AD, it's a great drum plugin. I don't celebrate Christmass either but I always find a way to make "my own Christmass" full of nice presents because all the shops do a Christmass sale smile.gif This time I got myself external hard drive, 5 packs of strings, 50 picks and a new tryes for my car smile.gif My wife celebrates Christmass so I had to spend some more, you know how things go smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 27 2009, 06:05 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
wink.gif Cool.

Oh, talking about picks.. I did get the Chrome Picks by Joe Satriani.. Sounds really warm. smile.gif I have been quite a pick collector. I would love to get one with lights that Muris uses. smile.gif

This post has been edited by maharzan: Dec 27 2009, 06:06 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 27 2009, 07:05 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 26 2009, 07:05 PM) *
wink.gif Cool.

Oh, talking about picks.. I did get the Chrome Picks by Joe Satriani.. Sounds really warm. smile.gif I have been quite a pick collector. I would love to get one with lights that Muris uses. smile.gif

Let us know how the drum kit is... it is something that I will have to do one day too! Good luck & I look forward to hearing them. What are the picks with lights? I just ordered the V-Picks that glow in the dark, but I'm curious about the picks you describe. Can you tell me more? huh.gif

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 27 2009, 09:08 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
That's Great Maharzan .. looking forward to the takes smile.gif
I've only used ezdrummer - DFH, so curious to know what addictive drums are like..

QUOTE (Hammerhead @ Dec 27 2009, 05:05 PM) *
Let us know how the drum kit is... it is something that I will have to do one day too! Good luck & I look forward to hearing them. What are the picks with lights? I just ordered the V-Picks that glow in the dark, but I'm curious about the picks you describe. Can you tell me more? huh.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...picking-thirds/

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 27 2009, 10:13 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Hammerhead we might be talking about the same thing.. Here is one pic from Muris's site.

zen, it does sound good. Although all softwares have been really great these days.. coming back from midi drums and aweful technos (sorry techno lovers). I have been really struggling to find good drum sounds (acoustic / live) but have really not achieved any yet. REAL thing is REAL thing you know. All softwares have their own good side. I just felt AD is not so huge (unless you get those huge variations). I am basically looking for rock live sounding drums and AD seems to do it quite well. Plus, coming from my Sonar midi editing for drums (as my first experience) I love this simplicity. I am grabbing the midi files now but the default sound does quite a good job for me.

After all, as everything is .. its personal choice. You are never satisfied and you keep on looking.. that is one truth we have to live with. But for now, I guess, I will settle with this. Can't afford to buy more. I need to stop spending money on these things. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 27 2009, 10:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
AD drums is a great choice! I've have both BFD2, Superior, EZ-drummer and AD, and You've right in that AD has a less load at computer-RAM even that EZ also is good. I use to use EZ or AD for pre-production and then switch to superior or BFD and remix the drums to a two-track audio-file instead, since its impossible to run simoultanesly with all other plugs.... (same goes for Trilogy and now the new Trilian, which is AMAZING) Otherwise I find all the above software great sound-wise, but nothing really beats a real drummer when it comes to matters as "swing" and "feel". Therefore I ended up using loops instead of sampled drums on some tracks, even that the sound can't be manipulated that much.

Oh, and I didn't get my christmas present as expected... My Brian Moore guitar got delayed from the factory and wasn't sent until the day before christmas from the U.S... sad.gif But I got two coffe-mugs from my daughter, she really know what I need! biggrin.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 27 2009, 11:35 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Cool.. smile.gif njoy da coffee!!! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Staffy
Dec 27 2009, 11:48 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (maharzan @ Dec 27 2009, 11:35 AM) *
Cool.. smile.gif njoy da coffee!!! wink.gif

Yep! I am a real coffee-addict!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
zen
Dec 27 2009, 01:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Maharzan for the info .. I pretty much stopped looking when i found drumkit from hell for ezdrummer.. So i'm quite pleased with that.. Will surely check out AD now. smile.gif

on a side note, im a coffee addict too but trying to lay off it ... disturbin sleep cycles ... now I actually need one to sleep huh.gif

--------------------
"If the need is deep, you WILL find a way , if it isn't, you'll find some excuse"

Check out my Student Instructor Lesson on Metal Riffing HERE

Visit My Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Hammerhead
Dec 27 2009, 05:38 PM
GMC:er
Thanxs for the replies about the picks Marhzan and Zen. I had not seen those before, here are the V-picks that I was referring to...

http://www.v-picks.com/picks/30 I love the Joe too, I try to drink decaf if I want more than 2 cups (I like it strong like Popeye!) so I can sleep @ night huh.gif

This post has been edited by Hammerhead: Dec 27 2009, 05:41 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
When I look down at my hands... I see "FINGERS of DOOM"

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Dec 27 2009, 09:24 PM
Instructor
Never tried AD

Those DFH are really incredible!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 28 2009, 06:52 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
wow... that pick looks impressive. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Dec 28 2009, 02:50 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
maharzan, how do you get the lite demo of EZDrummer ? It seems to be free OEM but I cannot find any way to get it...

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 28 2009, 03:07 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I also like the sound of Addictive drums and use it from time to time! smile.gif Congrats on getting the software! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Dec 28 2009, 04:49 PM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Keilnoth, Lite versions usually come with other products you buy.

Thanks Bogdon. smile.gif I liked BFD as well but that takes such a lot of space / memory.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 31 2009, 01:38 AM
Instructor
Very nice thing to get mate, may it serve you well, and you compose many great songs with it! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:27 PM